It used to be really good, now it's fucking adware and a memory hog. The fuck happened?

It used to be really good, now it's fucking adware and a memory hog. The fuck happened?

Attached: avast-0.png (744x773, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0rGySyo4ga7
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

people that produce something of worth usually want to sell someday

Common Sense doesn't have this problem

Common Sense can't save you from 0days and unpatched security holes.

Neither can Avast you dumb fucking retard.

Yes it can because preventive measures are part of Common Sense

Real pros use ZoneAlarm.

Attached: zonealarm.jpg (711x648, 150K)

Wrong. ONLY Common Sense can save you from 0days.

It can block known malicious programs from running them. That's not considering email and driver scanning as well.

If people are gonna be using 0days then I highly doubt they'll infect machines with known malware, but rather with fresh, undetected malware.
Therefore, antivirus won't really help you.

add default windows defender and adblock you are good to go.
I assume thank to AdBlock we are avoiding 90% of malware infections

I guess I was thinking more along the lines of droppers and shit so you do have a point there. I'll be honest though, when I was using Windows I never bothered with AV either for about 5 years aside from the occasional scan with MBAM. Any shady programs that I had downloaded would get run in a VM or Sandboxie first

>windows
you already failed

>memory hog
It only uses like 100MB memory. Do you only have 2GB RAM?

> It used to be really good
it has never been good.

common sense happened

non-admin OS account and whitelist-only web browsing goes pretty far.

vocaroo.com/i/s0rGySyo4ga7
/thread

Avast was never good to begin with

>/thread his own post
user...I..

user what?

Attached: 1566752547333.png (351x418, 148K)

Until you get pwned by a privilege escalation vuln

Yeah. It's always has been shit.

Recently uninstalled Avast a couple months ago, it shoves adverts, notifications about privacy and other stuff in form of popups, and you can't do anything about it unless you cough up money to turn it off.

Not only that but it comes with a bunch of features that you aren't going to care about or use, I hate that avast goes and reads through your whole hard drive too often so if becomes really slow.

I uninstalled Avast and installed MSE instead since I use Windows 7, is this a decent alternative?

Attached: 1562302932273.png (800x582, 135K)

install gen 2? what?

I remember this so vividly

lmao antivirus programs are snake oil and they don't protect you from shit. in fact, they generate their own malware to detect in order to make you feel safe and make you believe they are doing shit. but if you insist on using av use clamav (or clamwin on windows) or any other open source av.

Attached: black_guy_smart.jpg (800x450, 39K)

capitalism