Multiple Monitors

Hey Jow Forums,
I currently have 3 monitors, all of them plugged into the ports in pic related.
Now I've been thinking of upping it to 4 monitors (I do tons of multitasking), or even 5, or 6.
The new monitors I will be using for this will most likely all use DisplayPort.
Is there any way to achieve this at all? Maybe USB can be used or something? I've got USB-C in case that matters.
If there's some sort of adapter that can achieve this, then that'll do, I just want to avoid spending shittons of money on new GPUs.
Thanks.

Attached: IO.jpg (530x183, 80K)

Do you have motherboard video ports?

No, unfortunately.
Is there absolutely no other way?
I find it odd that the amount of monitors one can connect to their machine is so arbitrarily limited just by the amount of ports on your GPU/motherboard, cuz usually it's just 3-4 ports.
What if someone wants to connect more than that? Do they really have to buy a set of new GPUs just to do that?
Can USB not be used for this at all? I think I've heard something like that somewhere.

Not sure, im sure there's a PCI answer for you, at the very least i think you can just add an old passively cooled GPU for some more cheap ports.

Or maybe an old Nvidia card and get a little PhysX going too.

>his video card doesn't have at least 4 ports
Weak.
Just buy a second video card, whatever is cheapest on ebay or the like, and use it as port bitch

You have a dual-link DVI port there but whether your card can drive two separate outputs through it depends on the card specs. RTFM.

Not OP.
Can Display Port be daisy-chained?

If all the devices in the chain support it, yes.

Get a old Nvidia Quadro-Card, 100 to 150 will get you up to 4 Displayports. Check out ebay or comparable sites.

(op here)
What do you guys think about pic related?
Some random adapter I found on Amazon, apparently it does USB-C --> DisplayPort.
Would this work? Does anybody have any experience with this?

Okay, let's say I do end up buying a new, very cheap GPU as a port-bitch.
If, for example, I'm playing a video game or something like that on one of the monitors that connects to my port-bitch GPU, will it still be using my main GPU to do the actual rendering and everything, or will it use the shitty port-bitch GPU for rendering and therefore completely ruin my FPS?
Do you happen to know?

I really do appreciate all the help and suggestions so far, thanks a lot.

Attached: 61sChZJilSL._SL1080_.jpg (1080x1080, 66K)

Should be, but i'd go ahead and plug your primary monitor and TV into the GPU to be safe.

From what I've read, it seems that one GPU does the rendering, other just do output.
If you buy new, 570 nitro+ seems to be a good option, with 5 outputs. Obviously, it's not a good idea to mix AMD/nvidia though.

I have the USBC to HDMI version of this brand (uni)

Works very nicely - warms up, but thst's as described

Yeah, it renders on one GPU and outputs through the other. I imagine there could be some kind of latency increase from it, but don't remember people screaming from it and it would probably be minimal.
Where it gets funky is rendering using a dedicated gpu and outputting through integrated, but that isn't even that funky.

not on mac.

But that's wrong. You can daisychain Thunderbolt Displays

Which of the paragraphs are you replying to?
The one about the USB-C adapter thing, or the port-bitch GPU thing? Or both (since your reply seems kinda applicable to both)?

That's very cool, thanks.
I'll definitely look into the adapter thing then, since that seems to be the cheaper, easier, and cleaner option.
And also because I'm thinking of doing something similar (connecting more monitors than there are monitor-related ports) with my ThinkPad, which also has USB-C ports like my desktop PC, since I obviously won't be able to add a port-bitch GPU to my ThinkPad lol (unless I start doing some weird eGPU shit or whatever it was called but uhh yeah nah, that's gonna kill my wallet completely).
So this would be a great universal solution that works both on my desktop and my laptop.

Ah, well that would work then I guess.
But yeah I believe I'll just try the USB-C thing first (see above), for all the reasons I mentioned.
If that doesn't work for some reason, then yeah I'll buy a cheap port-bitch GPU, like you've all suggested, and an eGPU for my ThinkPad (rip my wallet).

>Okay, let's say I do end up buying a new, very cheap GPU as a port-bitch.
>If, for example, I'm playing a video game or something like that on one of the monitors that connects to my port-bitch GPU, will it still be using my main GPU to do the actual rendering

ok yeah I just figured that out myself just now actually, sorry I'm a fucking retard lol
Thanks for all the help btw.

You have to pay a fee for every HDMI port
And had cards with 6 display ports
Get a second graphics card with the number and type of port you need

Buy more graphics cards or more systems