Does Ross Ulbricht deserve to be in jail?

Does Ross Ulbricht deserve to be in jail?

Attached: 1529880051978.jpg (1316x900, 796K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/news/2018/jul/03/nothing-to-worry-about-the-water-is-fine-how-flint-michigan-poisoned-its-people
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47165522
arstechnica.com/science/2019/09/big-pharmas-image-sinks-to-new-low-amid-opioid-crisis-high-drug-prices/
youtu.be/eQ2OZKitRwc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

Yes, he's a murderer and caused many deaths with his drug selling website

Life in prison is too good for him considering the amount of lives he ruined

Anyone who believes that they can pull off that facial hair needs to be locked away for life, yeah. Also, who the fuck wears open sandals while hiking?

He ran a platform and should not be punished for the actions of other people. Boomers in court should be illegal.

>Does Ross Ulbricht deserve to be in jail?
No, of course not.
He should have been publicly executed long ago.

Guy only owned SR for the first year or so, then he sold it and the DPR persona was taken over by some bitcoin mogul, said mogul helped inform on a bunch of things though, so feds argued that he was always DPR and that shit about hitmen etc that the mogul got involved with got blamed on him.

At least, that's what his defence is trying to say. It's a pretty interesting read, not sure if I believe it though.

jail? No. Executed? Yes. Anyone who gets put on any sort of sentence where they're guaranteed to die in prison from old age should just be dragged out into the jail yard and shot. Nice and cheap.

>He ran a platform and should not be punished for the actions of other people.
But the platform was *intended* for illegal activity.
This wasn't a case of him wanting to run a legitimate business and people just happening to use it for criminal purposes, it was set up in order to enable illegal activities and protect people who engaged in illegal activities.

If you are running a legitimate gun store you aren't responsible for what people do with these guns, but if you run an illegitimate gun store, actively making guns available to criminals or underage people and against legislation, then you are damn well responsible.

Please be trolling. You cannot fucking seriously be this much of a statist/soccer mom.

Guns provide a product, a platform provides a place to speak. You can not compare the two. If people want to start talking about drugs here or on facebook, does that make the owners in charge of what was said? At the end of the day, nobody forced the people to use the website. It's not like Ross held them at gunpoint

>*intended* for illegal activity.
Drugs shouldn't be illegal you absolute chicken shit normy. Get woke.

yes. poisoning your people with drugs should be death penalty

Personally I am for cheap legal heroin (and all other drugs) for people of all ages, so the genetic scum purges itself from the gene pool.
Needlessly to say they should receive absolutely no government assistance for the damage they do to themselves.

Absolutely not.

So you are saying that if I bought the car legally and hit person, I'm responsible, but if I bought a stolen car from a thief and hit a person, then the thief is responsible for me hitting someone? Well that is logical indeed, but really not fair from thief perspective. Such logic isn't relied upon in other crimes, only in digital-crimes, so it's even more unfair from Ross perspective.

>a platform provides a place to speak
SR wasn't about speech, it was about transactions.
Speech can not cause real harm, only actions can.

SR provided a platform for ILLEGAL activity, they were fully aware AND their platform was intended to enable illegal activities which could put the lives of people into real danger.
The difference to amazon is that amazon fundamentally tries to be a LEGAL marketplace, where no illegal activity takes place.
There is a fundamental difference between these two things.

Amazon might also be a market place for illegal activities, but just because they do not have the ability to control their entire site, which makes them not responsible if illegal activity happens on their platform, SR on the other hand is INTENDED for illegal activity and to protect people who commit illegal activities, which means their intent is definitely NOT to be a legal marketplace.

By US law that may be the case. There's a case from Ohio I think, where a bunch of teenagers broke into a house and got shot by the landowner. The teen waiting in the car outside got sentenced for their murder.

>but if I bought a stolen car from a thief and hit a person, then the thief is responsible for me hitting someone?
Yes, if the thief didn't make sure that you were actually legally allowed to drive the car then it is his responsibility for allowing someone who shouldn't drive a car onto the road.
Obviously that does in no way absolve the person who actually drove.

>Such logic isn't relied upon in other crimes, only in digital-crimes
If a gun store owner is negligent or malicious and sells guns to convicted criminals I HIGHLY doubt that his activity is legal.

He didn't sell the drugs himself, though. Also this .

> If people want to start talking about drugs here or on facebook

Facebook and Jow Forums do not take commision for drug transactions like Silk Road owner Ross did. Are you retarded?

He created a platform exclusively for anonymous transactions between users and drug dealers and profited from it, under the law he must be punished. It's as simple as that.

>He didn't sell the drugs himself
Yes. Of course I know that, that is why I talk about PLATFORMS.
Amazon also is a PLATFORM, it doesn't just sell stuff, it enables basically everyone to sell things through its platform.

>Also this
I replied to it already:

why is Ross serving double life in prison and this piglet only 9 years for almost same thing? He even committed mass fraud by stealing from everyone on his website

Attached: 4xIr1mF.jpg (960x747, 138K)

In some ways, the world was much more free with harsher penalties and no prison industrial complex.

Even if Silk Road was intended for "illegal" transactions, it doesn't mean that the owner initiated those transactions. Rather, it was just a middleman much like how paypal works. If two consenting adults want to trade money for a product, that's between them. If what they're trading is illegal, then the government should get involved with them and not the platform. The platform didn't move drugs around. The criminals were going to make the transactions with SK or not.

It's called a processing fee, not payment. And the only reason why Jow Forums and facebook don't have a processing fee is because they aren't platforms for transactions. It may be in the law, but it doesn't mean the law is just. Read the OP again, it's asking if Ross should be in jail or not, and he shouldn't because he didn't do anything wrong

Wow

>I HIGHLY doubt that his activity is legal
You're right, his activity is illegal. I'm just trying to say that he won't be punished for other criminals crimes, only for his illegal business, while Ross is punished not only for running Silk Road, but also for every illegal thing others done through Silk Road. Just saying that it's unfair that gun store owner has to answer only for his faults, while Ross for his and everyones on website.

[wanted to become an entrepreneur, but his first attempts to start his own business failed]
he just wanted to make money for his own
he did not wanted to be a wagie fag like you all.
shame he ended up like this.
imo, he is a traitor to the humanity for helping others spread drugs and bad behavior.
life in prison is fine, death penalty is for low iq country.

It's irrelevant what you call it, he created a platform for the sole purpose of selling illegal substances and profited from the actions of the users doing transactions on his site.

If you think you can buy a property for the sole purpose of housing drug dealers to sell drugs and take profit of their sales and have no criminal liability I can't really understand what you think is justice.

I never understood how and why people defend scum on life sentences or people who have committed violent crimes and will never see the outside world again. These people drain the system to the tune of nearly $45k a year per prisoner and this doesn't include the people in specialty solitary confinement locations. Meanwhile the average US child gets less than $25k in funding for state schools.

>life in prison is fine, death penalty is for low iq country.
then you can pay for them faggot. These people aren't cheap but bullets are.

>If what they're trading is illegal, then the government should get involved with them and not the platform. The platform didn't move drugs around. The criminals were going to make the transactions with SK or not.

A platform is responsible for the activities it is INTENDED for, amazon is INTENDED for the legal transaction of goods in exchange for money, if illegal goods are traded on amazon it will take them down and not protect the criminals who sold them.
SR is INTENDED for criminal activities and the protection of the criminals who engage in these activities, the government CAN NOT prosecute the individuals who committed crimes because SR protects them, if SR cooperated with the authorities and took down illegal products like amazon did, there would be nothing wrong with it.

>but also for every illegal thing others done through Silk Road.
Really?
That is of course not fair, although personally I believe that running SR alone is enough for him to receive the death penalty.

He knew the risk he took, he knew the laws he broke.
He was ordering hits against people. Fuck him.

I would have respect for someone breaking the law for a just cause, but this guy was only doing it for profit.

>death penalty is for low iq country
Why?
Public execution helps protect against tyranny, as people are constantly reminded of what the government is able to do and aren't cushioned by the "non-violence" of life in prison.

If you commit a really heinous crime you should be allowed to get in front of a firing squad, say some last words and end your life with some dignity and everyone watching is forced to consider for himself if your judgement was just.

He broke a bunch of good laws just like the secret service agent who tried to steal all his confiscated bitcoins.

Just be glad you don't live in Brazil. Over here, the max sentence is 30 years, and with good behavior you stay inside only 1/3 of your time.
Each prisoner costs us an average of about 3x the minimum wage, and the inmate's family can get government gibs of up to 1.3x the minimum wage just because the dude is in jail

Hey there negative iq scum, what if someone is actually innocent and sentenced to death?

Yes, but not for life. He deserves a chance to redeem himself. If the government were smart enough, they would employ him and force him to repay his debt to society with the possibility of living a more normal life in the future.

clown world

Hey there negative iq scum, what if someone is innocent and sentenced to life in prison?

Mistakes always happen, you can't avoid them. New evidence surfaces very rarely and even then, I am perfectly willing to make a few mistakes for a better society.

and that's exactly why Brazil is in the state that it is.
>but muh innocence
I was talking the people where it's guaranteed guilty charge. I.e. multiple eye witnesses, DNA, etc. If there's any sort of evidence in the case to prove their innocence, then it should be properly considered before anything happens of course. But everyone sees the scum who are still alive and well being given 3 hots and a cot on the tax payer's dime that are cold blooded killers.

I a m pro death penalty, but this tax payer meme is just cringe. This question should never be reduced to the economics behind it.

>This question should never be reduced to the economics behind i
yes it should. Society is upheld by the people who abide by its laws. There is nothing cringe about people being angry that their tax dollars are funding some pile of shit who is a violent individual who will NEVER see outside the prison or be a contributing member of society again. Why the fuck should we pay for their 45+ years of incarceration when it could be put towards many other things that actually benefit the tax payers?

>Why the fuck should we pay for their 45+ years of incarceration when it could be put towards many other things that actually benefit the tax payers?
Because, compared to the other inanities the government spends money on, it really isn't that big of a deal.

First, if you seriously angry about this that's some mental issue. Second, I agree with you in principle but the economic argument is not really relevant for current death penalty cases, these are irrelevant prices given they are a minuscule part of the prison population.

Personally I would execute anyone who commits murder, but I recognize this is an extreme position both in theory and in practice as there are many considerations to make. Most people who are in favor of the death penalty are not that extreme and mostly relate it to heinous crimes that are difficult to imagine the person who committed them deserves any kind of mercy in this life. And that is the problem, that humans are incapable of defining the limit that warrants a death penalty and that we are inclined to believe in redemption.

Only for naivety and rookie mistakes. Certainly not for running Silk Road. Once you cross the lines with FBI, the law stops applying.

I suppose it would be a good riddance if the next time you got a speeding ticket, you'd just get shot in the head.

yes. he made too many mistakes because he was a stupid fucking moron.
> runs a website selling drugs
> takes payments from sellers
> should not be punished
you stupid fucking moron.

fpbp

As opposed to rampant corporate poisoning of the general populace?

theguardian.com/news/2018/jul/03/nothing-to-worry-about-the-water-is-fine-how-flint-michigan-poisoned-its-people
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47165522
arstechnica.com/science/2019/09/big-pharmas-image-sinks-to-new-low-amid-opioid-crisis-high-drug-prices/

>Amazon might also be a market place for illegal activities, but just because they do not have the ability to control their entire site, which makes them not responsible if illegal activity happens on their platform
The absolute state of burger logic. If the company lost control over its assets (Facebook being the most egregious example), then they need to be legally punished and cease operations until they fix the issue.

didn't he try to whack a few people?
dude should have shut it down once it got popular, he was never going to get away with it.

Are knives sellers murderers too? Knives can kill too

youtu.be/eQ2OZKitRwc
35:00

He was fucked from the start

you fucking neanderthal schizo

>Public execution helps protect against tyranny, as people are constantly reminded of what the government is able to do
i wish i had a brainlet wojak strong enough to respond to this statement

Attached: 1556455585040.jpg (470x600, 88K)

What? That has nothing to do with what he said.

Amazon is not open to criminal liability because they do not engage willingly in business to commit crime and they take steps to ensure to the best of their ability that everything on their site is within the law. This is the same standard every other site operates under, the intent is the most important aspect of criminal liability.

In the case of Silk Road the intent is exclusively to facilitate drug transactions, his criminal liability is clear because of this.

No, the clear intent of knife sellers is not for them to be used to commit crime. Silk Road was made with the intent of creating a platform to commit crime.

statists are the worst people

>Public execution helps protect against tyranny,

Attached: 1522711516318.png (653x566, 23K)

Not an argument.

Because you have no argument.
People not being aware of how cruel the government is are much less resistant to its tyranny.

Do you have any argument to make?

Attached: 24.png (300x300, 149K)

There is no redemption in life sentence so why even keep them alive?

>Public execution helps protect against tyranny

Attached: 1522712428326.jpg (645x729, 48K)

Any argument?

Attached: 729.gif (340x340, 137K)

your point was so stupid and self-contradicting it doesn't need an argument, just mockery

>tyranny helps protect against tyranny

Considering the western spy slavcar in the background, he's probably from CZ which means completely different laws from burgeristan.

Alcohol is much more poisonous than many drugs sold on deep web.

Arguing with retards (You) is futile

Public execution is tyranny u dumb tyrannsgender faggot

Tobacco as well

Tabacco isn't that bad. I think it's on par if not safer than junk food.
I never smoked a cigarette in my life though.

Nicotine is very poisonous by itself ans cigarette companies put even worse shit in their products

>tyranny
What is tyrannical about public executions?
Pretty much any tyrannical regime that I can think of DESPERATELY tried to keep its cruelty away from the public.

Do you think the Holocaust would have happened if Hitler had every single Jew shot up at some Market place?
No, of course not, people would have rebelled after weeks and that is why concentration camps were built far away from population centers and people and even personell were kept away from the actual executions.

What is tyrannical about public executions?
The US today practices the death penalty, the only difference is that it is hidden from the public.
And I simply do not see how that is any form of tyranny.
I am not against due process or "innocent until proven guilty".

Attached: 798.png (593x540, 415K)

No, but since he facilitated a platform for organized crime to do business with, he deserves a long time in the can, no less than 15 years imo.

>anime pic
>braindamage
Yeah, checks out.

Not an argument.

You are simply wrong.

Attached: 5e7d2681f41320c669f59325845d3b7b64556d26_full.jpg (184x184, 7K)

No. He is a hero and should be honored.

Are big online markets on .onion domain atill a thing? I know there were a couple after the silk road, but do they still exist now?
Asking for a friend.

Stop trying to defend a convicted criminal, faggots

You commit a crime, you go to prison, simple as that, this criminal had his day in a court of law and was found guilty

Just because it is the law doesn't mean it is just.

>What's the difference between public and private executions?
public executions are to induce fear in people, that's why it's a tyranny.
Killing bad people it's not a bad thing if it's for the good of society. But making it a show, that's pretty fucked up

>DUDE LAW = MORALITY LMAO

Obvious troll is obvious

Attached: 1493409851692.png (980x742, 266K)

I'd say so, but only because I want harsher sentences for the bigger crimes. I'm personally more interested in gulags making a comeback so that we may fill them with people who launder money and commit fraud on a large scale, and just general corporate/economy related shit that, for some reason, frequently nets you only a big fine that will be paid with a chunk of the spoils. The fine should be repaid by working minimum wage 16 hours a day by those responsible instead.

>public executions are to induce fear in people
Yes, fear OF THE GOVERNMENT, because that is exactly what they should be feeling.
They SHOULD be afraid of the power they are giving the government.

And that is the exact opposite what every tyrannical regime wanted, look at what Hitler or Stalin did, they had a show trial, which was a big propagandistic effort and in the end the person on trial was shipped into some concentration camp/Siberia, where he eventually died.
Genocides and purges only work because people look away, if you force it into their faces it breaks the entire propaganda machine.

What government should you be more afraid of, the one which is open, but outwardly harsh or the one that is secretive and outwardly gentle and cares so much about "the people".

>But making it a show, that's pretty fucked up
But you aren't making it a show, very few people want to actually see people getting shot and this isn't about dragging his trial out into the open, just the execution.
If a person deserves death, he deserves some last words to the public and the people should not be allowed to ignore what happens to criminals.

What makes you more angry, a person who you believe was innocent being dragged to the courts for years until he eventually is sentenced to 30 years in prison or him being shot in front of your eyes?
It is very easy to look away from injustice if it happens behind the guards of bureaucracy but if someone is publicly executed you can not look away.

If you faggots believe you're above the law, make a new darkweb site like Silk Road then

what jail are we talking about?

For that? We already have dozens of big darweb markets.

Yeah dude he made a website, definitely worth a double life sentence

True, but you can smoke every day for few years and not feel much effects. Same can't be said about alcohol or McDonald's.

You're extremely naive honestly. Public executions are indeed attended by the public, this is the case in Saudi Arabia for example and it was the case in the west when public executions happened here.
Do you think the fact they know full well that people are executed will lead to less unjustifiable executions? A nation with public execution to instill fear in its populace is already tyrannical and the public executions serve that.

>Nicotine is very poisonous by itself
Not really. It's actually a cognitive enhancer.

You shouldn't let your emotions cloud your judgement like this. You sound like a hysterical woman.

>Public executions are indeed attended by the public, this is the case in Saudi Arabia for example and it was the case in the west when public executions happened here.
Yes? Obviously they were, where did I say they weren't?

>Do you think the fact they know full well that people are executed will lead to less unjustifiable executions?
Yes.

>A nation with public execution to instill fear in its populace is already tyrannical and the public executions serve that.
Explain yourself already.
What is tyrannical about having public executions?
The US has the death penalty and has had it for a very long time, is or has the US been a tyrannical regime?

>You shouldn't let your emotions cloud your judgement like this.
I am not emotional about this issue, I try to calmly explain my reasons and use UPPER CASE, to mark important parts which I think the person I am talking to is deliberately ignoring or not understanding.

Did he actually hire a hitman? He deserves the lifetime sentence if he did.

I'll enhance your anus if you keep talking like that.

Not really. They just did that to make an example of him.

>Obvious glownigger is obvious

He broke the law and should be punished accordingly.
That said, the law is retarded and you should be able to buy and sell anything you want to.
If you don't like a law, just bribe politicians to have it changed the way God intended.