Wi-Fi sucks

Use ethernet, faggot.

Attached: ethernet-laptop.jpg (525x308, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desy.de/user/projects/Physics/Relativity/SR/light_mass.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>using WiFi cables
>2000 + 18 + 1

with right hardware it does not

Attached: wifi.png (500x390, 44K)

d l8

My phone doesn't have ethernet.

I agree but kill yourself for making this a thread.

BAIZED

Attached: elite-pro-uk-green.jpg (700x466, 114K)

speed of light > electricity in copper.
faggot.

have appartment
only wifi
what do

nice, I didnt realise you could make cmd transparent. ty man

Buy a wifi cable, attach one end to your wifi box and the other to your CPU.

i dont have an RJ-45 in my 2000 + 16+ 3 MacBook Pro

sorry about your gimped hardware purchase, user

Ethernet can be physically transported through optical fiber though.

Have used a wireless adapter for a few years now, just use the 5Ghz band on router and have had next to no issues, occasionally will have minor spikes maybe once or twice an hour for a second or two but get the full speeds of my connection (14.5MB/s). No wireless congestion as live a decent distance away from any neighbour (nearest neighbours house is about 50 meters away so no interference from their APs). House is roughly 4,500 square foot (~430 Square Meters) so just use a repeater down other end of the premises (It's in an L shape). Might consider wiring it up with cat6 at some point but for now wireless suits my purpose perfectly.

>physically transported
>through optical fibre
here i thought light has no mass

Light has a momentum so it should also have a mass as well.

while ethernet gives 100% of my max speed when wifi might slow down once in a while, it gets disconnected at least 2 times per day, what gives?

Wrong

but photons are still physical objects.

Have to use wireless AC, but god damn, AC is such a step up from N its ridiculous, I was Ethernet only for the longest time but being over AC its pretty good either.

Theoretically they should have some kind of a mass, given E=mc^2.
I know Einstein models of quant is not perfect but we don't have anything better and it kinda works.

they don't. you're wrong and you should feel bad

>implying Wi-Fi doesn't use Ethernet
tell us more about your wireless token ring network please

Moving one has mass

I'm already using Ethernet over SFP+

Attached: Capture.png (425x556, 23K)

how do you get a fraction of a fraction of a byte?

Use lifi

You don't

Use WiFi 6.

Wifi cable plug is the worst thing ever and the plastic shit keeps breaking, after which the cable falls out by itself the moment you stop holding it in.

>blindly pull wifi cable out from back of desk
>gets caught on something
>pull harder
>"oh no why does plastic thingy keep breaking, these things suck, it is not my fault"
are you one of people who can somehow also manager to break microusb cables?

I've broken a total of one micro USB cable's movable pins and that's probably because I plug/unplug it multiple times per day. However, wifi cable combined with my laptop's shitty rj45 port (one side moves down with a spring) isn't held in all that well in the first place and, should I move my laptop a bit carelessly, quickly falls halfway out or at least tilts sideways, which eventually ends up with the plastic plug breaking.

A fucking lightning burnt my Ethernet port, sorry, user.

desy.de/user/projects/Physics/Relativity/SR/light_mass.html
tl;dr yes and no

not him but I’ve had the plastic clip break before by simply using the cable too many times. And I’m a very careful person. It can definitely happen without being a total retard.

dilate

I am, to connect to my wireless router set to client mode. Free

pls, no.

>2019
>not browsing the internet on your phone
wew grandpa

You're completely right. 802.11 sucks ass compared to a switched ethernet network. No go ahead and install the infrastructure that you need to get ethernet access to thousands of people in public places and I'll accept it as a reasonable substitute.

>live in a school
>Old adsl is slow as hell
>300mb Fibre everywhere in town except my house
Fuck Ethernet, fuck wifi
I just plug a USB cable from my phone to my PC
4G master race

Yeah lemme just jam an ethernet cable into my phone and my tablet. And drag one around the house when I'm using my laptop too.

Why are you smearing sunscreen on your ethernet ports? That just sounds like it would break it. Bad idea.

dicapucino

Stop chewing on the cables.

I use ethernet on everything I'm not constantly moving around.

I bought an old ass house and am using wifi for my networking. Having moved from a house with gigabit ethernet using wifi is slowly driving me mad. Every couple of hours some kind of interference pops up in the neighborhood and my signal quality goes to shit and sometimes I just straight up lose connection.
I have no one but myself to blame for not yet punching a hole in the wall and setting up proper networking.

Ethernet is by far how god intended computers to network.

The reason it's slower is because wifi uses csma/ca instead of csma/cd. (Collision avoidance vs detection) which is slower

If ether theory had been debunked a century ago, how come ethernet still works?
Lorentz 1 - Einstein 0

i do

Attached: 1567646656990.png (112x112, 14K)

who sells those cheaper? Best Buy or Fries?

My Wi-Fi is about 300Mbps slower than my ethernet, but it's not terrible. If I'm ever in dire need of the remaining speed, I'll just plug my laptop in.

Attached: wifi.png (350x200, 16K)

>use ethernet
>doesnt work
>you are required to give the university your mac address and routing number of any device you connect to it. if its a personal router we need access to that as well

now test bandwidth

Ethernet is a layer 2 protocol nigga
it works regardless what the layer 1 medium is

ITODDLERS BTFO

Implying we live in a vacuum

Just because mass is energy, doesn't mean all forms of energy is mass.

Full duplex > half duplex

Yuropoors use period(.) to group digits. And use comma (,) as radix point

Birger king

Is that available to the public yet?

dee late?

Attached: 4aab375c-6513-46e9-a4bc-7db3763e86c2.jpg (970x546, 95K)

why on earth would I use ethernet instead of wifi? what tangible benefits could that possibly bring to me?

ETHERNET GANG

Attached: 1563126517760.jpg (700x700, 99K)

Double the speed.

at a certain point, that's outweighed by the sacrifices you have to make to get that speed.
wifi speeds are extremely good if you use the right equipment anyway, so speed is no longer the most important thing in the world anymore.

funny you asked
just ordered usb-c to lan

I literally only use ethernet to install debian on computers.
My newest computer doesn't even have a goddamn ethernet port, I have this wii ethernet to usb adaptor that works out of the box on linux.
Then I immediately add non-free repos, install firmware-realtek and ditch the cable.

I tried streaming games into a macbook via wifi (n and ac) and had stutters. So, if you want almost zero latency streaming, wired should be great for that.

not just streaming video, i'm talking about streaming via nvidia + moonlight thing

usb adapter fag

is this accurate? why is mine faster than yours?

Attached: Capture.jpg (870x404, 64K)

Ethernet to USB

Attached: ethernet to usb c.jpg (1144x1144, 59K)

Literally doesn't matter which one you buy. Spend $5 or $80, it will die completely within a couple years at best, probably much sooner and have weird lost connections and shit constantly.

>A portable computer with ethernet cable.
>tfw it's 1992

I'd even take 100Base-T over using Wi-Fi. 100% stability and very low latency is far more valuable to me than convenience.

quit bein a ni

Attached: devilish.jpg (2999x3666, 1.91M)

>Ethernet in 2019

Lmaoing at you gramps

Attached: 0.gif (284x264, 69K)

Try running a campus off Wi-Fi and see what happens.

With WiFi you sacrifice more in terms of money
To take actual advantage of a gigabit connection with Ethernet you just need a router with enough CPU to route 1gb of bandwidth and an Ethernet cable
To achieve the same with WiFi you are going to want several access points on top of a good router and doing that means you are already going to have to route Ethernet cables to those access points

Are you 15?

are you retarded

everything has mass

Nice

Based retard. lmfao

>8.8.8.8

Get a USB adapter, then.

Based

lmao
his router isn't even 10.1.1.1
lmfao

why are you pinging a dns server to show off you wifi card?
dns servers are high latency by design dude

absolutely based

Based OP.

Also use USB cables.
Tired bluetooth/wifi zoomers EMI polluting my ham.

>not a gaymer
>Internet too slow
Maybe after nigganet fiber coming to my city

>he doesnt run MITM attacks

op is a huge faggot

but wifi is ethernet...

No, it's not.
Ethernet is 802.3, WiFi is 802.11.

The difference is just 0.8, it's not like it matters

lmaoed a little bit, nice one

Almost all students on campus use wifi.