Someone's working on an add-on to always enable Flash on the new Firefox, right...

Someone's working on an add-on to always enable Flash on the new Firefox, right? Having to activate it EVERY SINGLE TIME is already getting fucking annoying. Getting rid of the built-in option was a mistake.

Attached: 2018-01-12-15-51-22-564015.png (430x286, 782)

Other urls found in this thread:

mspoweruser.com/neopets-will-convert-to-html-before-flash-loses-support-in-2020/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You probably can't even do that with the new extension APIs.

I'm giving it a week. If nothing comes out, I'm unironically downgrading back to 68 just for this solitary issue.

Version 52 ESR does not have this problem.

>tfw I've lost count how many times I've written and seen this written.
Weird feelings.

excuse me what the fuck is this

There's a plugin.flashBlock.enabled option in about:config. I have no idea if it does anything, but try disabling it.

>still using flash

The newest version of Firefox removed the option to remember where you've allowed activation of Flash, so now you have to manually enable it every time to go to a site.

Yes? There's still tons of sites that use it.

Nope, doesn't work.

In 2020 flash will be nuked from orbit. Just accept your fate that flash is not supposed to be used. If you have a crappy job or school that "requires" it then they will have serious problems.

every time YOU go*

Flash will still work dumbdumb, it just won't be supported. As long as it's available, there's no reason to hamper the convenience of using it.

>Yes? There's still tons of sites that use it.
Such as? I haven't seen one in years, except when actively looking for some old flash loop or whatever. I have the Linux standalone player somewhere, but I haven't installed it in years.

Neopets, Chaturbate, Jow Forums, stream sites

>Neopets
mspoweruser.com/neopets-will-convert-to-html-before-flash-loses-support-in-2020/
>Chaturbate
nope, if you have flash disabled it works fine
>stream sites
Which ones?

Not sure why would you want to use Neopets, but Chaturbate has been using HTML5 video for years, even FC2 does it this way. Not sure which stream sites still use it, like I said I haven't seen one using flash in years.

>mspoweruser.com/neopets-will-convert-to-html-before-flash-loses-support-in-2020/
"Will" is not "now".
>nope, if you have flash disabled it works fine
No? It's always used flash for me.
>Not sure why would you want to use Neopets
To play it?

Flash has been used to track users.

I don't give a shit. I know it has vulnerabilities. But if the option to enable it is there, there should also be the option to remember where you do it. There was, now there isn't.

Let's automate the addon to send hatemail to the webmasters as well. Fuck flash and fuck the cretins who supply it.

>Neopets
Based. I haven't played in a decade, maybe I'll check it out for nostalgia's sake

What site still uses flash lmao. I haven't seen flash usage in nearly 5-6 years.

>No? It's always used flash for me.
The site works without Flash. You can try disabling flash and loading any stream.
>To play it?
Let it go, man.

>It's always used flash for me.
because you're a dumbfuck
disable flash
it works fine

>Jow Forums
all of that shit is still going to be accessible in the stand alone flash player
but you shouldn't even use those because someone's going to post an exploit and own every retard using flash after it's unsupported

if you really want to keep running flash in your browser,
people are working on a flash emulator in rust that compiles to webassembly, and that shit is sandboxed so it should be fine to run just about anything
when flash is finally unsupported that's what people are going to have to use or risk being dicked on

>noo pls let me enable flash on every single page I visit nothing will ever go wrong
mozilla is right in keeping retards from owning themselves

>using flash
>b-but muh government websites
kys please

Attached: artworks-000032929385-a7qurv-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 88K)

> why won't firefox let a massive security risk be enabled by default!!111 rEEEEEEEEEEEE
consider suicide, you stupid cunt.

It's not enabled by default. That's not the issue here. Learn to read.

> learn to read
> from a fucking illiterate that is unable to read
AHAHAHAHA. shut the fuck up.

using flash at all makes you already the moron here

How obese after you?

What sites even use flash? I don't think I have used it in like 3 or 4 years.