Linux kernel is incredibly stable and Just Werks™

>linux kernel is incredibly stable and Just Werks™
>all userland stuff like KDE, Gnome, etc is extremely buggy, crashes and freezes constantly
why

Attached: 1565974440574.jpg (612x816, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TbOpPelzv94
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There are millions of reasons. The code quality of GNOME and KDE, the underlying display servers, dbus management, IPC etc etc, millions of different variables.

But in short, code quality.

what does a kernel have anything to do with DEs?

t. brainlet

Did you even read his post?

Fucking retard OP those two things are unrelated.

Kill yourselves.

Xfce is fine

it's more of a lament than anything

seems to be for linux DEs it's like this:

1. Stable
2. Looks good
3. Easy to configure

Pick two.

durr durr whi si software buggy guize

Attached: br.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Refute the argument. You can't.

Ever hear some retard talking to himself?
That's you right now except its on a forum.

Attached: fedorafag.jpg (400x533, 43K)

but xfce fits all three points

not once in my 4 years of me using linux have i ever had a crash relating to kde/gnome. the only time something fucked up was when I was using WINE and alt-tabbed (sometimes completely froze)

thats kde lmao

Kernels are unironically easier to write and test than userland stuff

@72623614
Don't respond to my posts ever again unless you have something interesting to say.

>"@"

>being this new

Xfce fits all of this. It's the easiest DE to use, it's stable as fuck and it looks good on Manjaro and Mint.

lol

dumb cumbrain

ITT works on my machine

Linux is a kernel.

instead of focus in one or three things you lintards make 174 alternatives and none of them work
>inb4 it works on my machine

Correction: Graphical applications are harder to test. That's also why cli is often a superior experience

That's the downside of so called GNU/Linux Freedom. Instead of one polished userland we have a freedom to choose one of the userlands coded by literal whos and with fuck all consistency.
This is exactly why Linux will always be a geek-only system and Windows will stay dominant.

why are these cumbrain op pics allowed?

>Gnome, etc is extremely buggy, crashes and freezes constantly
that was true 20 years ago

Works on my machine™

>comes to Jow Forums
>complains about lewd anime pictures
back to bible study Jow Forums boomer

OP clearly said kernel, DEs are not part of the kernel, drivers are

Do you think nerds use linux because they want normalfag shit?

Because megacorps use linux for server shit mostly, so they put all their paid programmers in working on server shit.

where did OP imply that DEs are part of the kernel?

which one is 1+3

OP said
which is he was being sarcastic that linux kernel is good
next, he said
>all userland stuff like KDE, Gnome, etc is extremely buggy, crashes and freezes constantly
to prove his point (that linux kernel is shit) which all of it have nothing to do with linux
it's like saying that the sky is shit and you blame mankind on earth for being shit which is totally unrelated
also I forgot this braindead retard
kill yourself, retard

I whana nut so bad to these tits

>which is he was being sarcastic that linux kernel is good
Saying something "just werks" isn't necessarily sarcastic. Learn 2 post-irony.

your premise is wrong so you came to the wrong conclusion, congratulations.

The issue with Linux is not bugs, crashes, etc.
I don't get that all.
The issue with Linux is these 3:
1. Ease of use (Linux is definitely lacking in this lol)
2. Application compatibility (so many applications don't exist on Linux that do on Windows; especially bad since a lot of the open-source alternatives (Pinta vs paint.net) are so bad its actually wtf)
3. Easiness to fuck up your system: It's really easy to accidentally delete something important. Atleast on Windows some things you simply cannot delete from the inside or you have to use a special SYSTEM account. On Linux, just do sudo and enter your password. Congratulations; you have full access to the system.

>wrong
>wrong
>wrong
so no argument?
what if I say that you're wrong

I am telling you that you have poor reading comprehension and as a result you misinterpreted the original post.

no, your reading comprehension is the wrong one, not mine
reread and come back when you're finally 18+ yo

Imagine actually being one of these autists

Let the retards stay on Windows, since it is a walled garden toy OS, and leave GNU to the intelligent people. Seems an easy compromise to me.

No. Originally, people said the phrase "Just Werks™" on Jow Forums ironically as a way of making fun of unstable things. But people say it earnestly on Jow Forums these days. Keep up.

Forgot to add a 4th reason: You

Because you're full of shit basically and haven't actually used KDE. Gnome and all that are a thing of the past and can crash, but why care?
youtu.be/TbOpPelzv94

OP here and I'm literally using plasma right now. It's unstable as fuck and locks up for no reason on a weekly basis to the point where I have to REISUB.

>Do you think nerds use linux because they want normalfag shit?

You mean "normalfag shit" like not having your programs randomly crash?

That sounds like a Windows issue.

imagine having to REISUB

xfeces never crashes
but it looks like feces

i want to lick her tummy

because userspace foss programmers are wack

u think somebody who actually knows their stuff would waste time with stupid graphical whizbangs and doodads when they could be working on cool kernel stuff?

idk dude xubuntu's defaults are comfy

If you can't figure out how to make something as simple as Windows to not crash all the time, then you're obviously too retarded to be using computers.

Use Mint then

Windows isn't simple. It's a clusterfuck. It doesn't even support a working filesystem.

>Windows isn't simple

For (((you))).

Baby duck detected. When you actually look at Windows you see it is not simple at all. It is an illogical, unintuitive mess with barely working software within its walled garden.

>Baby duck detected
(((You're))) projecting. I can figure out how to use any mainstream OS, because I'm not retarded.

>anime
stopped reading right there

>I can figure out how to use any mainstream OS, because I'm not retarded.
That says nothing of simplicity.

Cinnamon?

when wangblows breaks, you have to apply shitty hacks and pray the vendor fixes it soon

in linux, you can fix it for good yourself.
sure, you can make windows work, but why spend time fixing an os thats hostile to the user?
t. guy who monkeypatched a buggy broadcom wifi driver and got changes into the kernel

xfce

a fucking MOUSE

I don't know, I use Xfce and it just works.

much of it is legacy UNIX shit aka shit piled on top of an OS designed to output to paper ttys

>imageboard being a forum
dumb ribbitors

>xfecee
>looks good

>KDE, gnome
Found the problem, use a wm idiot.

YIKES

> Stead of focusing in one or three kind of shoes you shoe company make 174 alternatives for different purpose

This is how dumb you sound

Ah yes. The old bugs meme.

actually this
fuck kde
xfce has never been buggy on my hardware and it's pretty easy to make it look cute

I'm using Ubuntu 19 right now and that should tell you just how much I care about appearance. Why bother if it's gonna be hideous anyway? The last thing that looked decent was probably Mountain Lion, after that it's all "broad" palettes of black, one over-saturated orange and two greens, autistic geometry that doesn't resemble anything and "minimalism" that puts the fan on max settings. Oh and fucking gradients everywhere.
Why are all design standards dictated by cheap phones for blind boomers?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (800x1422, 1.36M)

GNU coreutils are fine, and there are lots of good window managers, and the appropriate software you can modularly use with them.
I use:
Slackware Linux + Window Maker as my WM
SpaceFM for my file manager
Palemoon for my browser
Nano/Emacs for my text editor
urxvt for my terminal
and I get along just fine. Most full fledged DEs are really outside of the scope they should be, and should just be ignored generally in favor of using a solid, well tested and stable window manger with whatever FM + terminal etc that you want.

>urxvt for my terminal
Why not terminal.app if you use Window Maker?

Layers of shit piled atop layers of shit piled atop layers of shit piled atop layers of shit.

Because you need to know how the suff works if you prod and poke things that require understanding of dbus and gtk/qt at the Desktop customization level and windows ricers look at arch fags and think they can get the same out of KDE or Gnome.

Don't install "themes" in linux is what this man means, you need to know what you're doing.

clean you notifications bar

Linux is a kernel. Very low level stuff. Every software stack ontop of linux is reliant on the kernel to be stable, or nothing else will be stable as a result. Needless to say, there's a lot of code auditing happening to ensure the kernel's stability is rock solid at all times. KDE and Gnome, existing in userland on a much higher level in the stack, would also benefit from the same type of code auditing, but there's a very telling difference in what is considered acceptable; A userland application that is misbehaving is only seen as a nuisance to the end user, while a misbehaving kernel would be fatal to the operation of the computer itself. The kernel must not bug, must not crash, must not freeze or panic ever. Ever.
Two completely different standards of quality required for two very different types of software.

i want to lick her cunny

>X
>awesome
>just werks

one of these two things have an actually competent developer as the tech lead.

>Xfce
>Manjaro
I tried 4.14 on Manjaro because it was new, fuck it was buggy. Changing the icon for the "Start" menu took a good 15 seconds for the dialog to show up. Might have been ok during the GTK2 days, but with the update to GTK3 they fucked up a lot of stuff.

KDE is based.

Attached: Capture(UpRGB)(noise_scale)(Level3)(tta)(x3.000000).png (1824x2439, 1.25M)

FOOOOOG IM COOOOOOOMING AAAAAAAA

>tfw no Kaede DE

>XFCE, MATE
Stable and easy to configure.
>LxQT, Cinnamon
Stable and looks good.
>KDE
Looks good and is easy to configure.
>Pantheon, Budgie, Deepin
Looks good.
>GNOME
???

based cooomposter

Because server Linux is king and desktop Linux is trash.

Practically no one uses linux on the desktop

This! I bet social engineering attacks would be easier on linux if it was in as wide use as Windows.

Deepin is stable for me

You only have yourself to blame.

Attached: Xfce_logo.svg.png (2000x2000, 672K)

Imagine being this fucking retarded LMAO
OP was serious, linux does just werk
GNU stuff is absolute fucking shit
answer WHY Is that?

>The kernel must not bug, must not crash, must not freeze or panic ever
it mustn't, but it does!