Yes, 8K is the future

>Muh 1080p is enough

Attached: B5717AEE-C3EF-4D0E-83AC-18FBDC6FD914.jpg (1160x774, 215K)

user my eyes are too fucked I cannot see the difference between 720p and 4K

We will have to get at least 16K to match 70mm film. After that we're good.

Virgin 720p Chad 8K

Attached: 5D3A8609-A48C-436B-B9F9-72953FD1FD55.jpg (1103x1418, 1.2M)

Enjoy being an early adopter and wasting shekels on an 8k TV with shit scaling, poor refresh rates, and light ouput

IMO, 4k is still in early adoption since nothing broadcasted OTA is even in 4k, just blu-rays/games are in 4k, i'll be good with my 1080 for another 10 years

>literally zero content
We barely have anything in 4k (capeshit blurays, once in a blue moon sports event) so other than 8k nature videos in youtube and linus tech tips, why would you bother with 8k?

>confident business getup
>manspreading
OH NO HE'S TOXIC MASCULINITY PERSONIFIED

It is. For both phone/tv/monitor it's sufficient.

l like how they just pasted the tv image in with photoshop. that fucking faggot isn't even looking at the tv. jesus fucking christ this is awful.

Attached: 1552811520822.png (540x550, 731K)

linus' 4k video quality is damn nice. too bad is by linus the e-whoring prostitute.

720p is enough

Real 8k would be 12800 by 8000. 16:10. Golden ratio, baby!

Czeched and true.

32k is the final frontier since humans can't se past that from up close or far 64k for vr just wait 50y it's coming

The human eye can't see past 1366x768 anyways

>Imagine watching TV in 2019

you a mongoloid?

>NOOOOO you can’t just watch anything you want on a TV it has to be cable tv programming!
I hope you realize a TV is just a display that will display anything you feed it
You don’t have to watch TV programming, you can hook your PC up to it and watch anime or something

Good, because then I can get 4k for less

People who stream content don't give a shit about quality and most people just stream.

4K has already hit bottom barrel prices
I doubt they can go any lower

>no one mentions 1440p
what bunch of faggots

>Want to buy 1440p monitor
>Worried it will soon be replaced by 4k
What do? Is 1080/1440 good for a while still?

I have a 4K TV.

I game at 1440p.

Even 4K is a meme.

>inb4 leddit spacing

No one mentions it because it's not a resolution that media tends to be mastered in, 1440p was always a resolution relegated to mostly PC monitors

burns out 4 times as fast! wow!

DVDs came out in 1997, nuff said

>nuff said
jesus fucking christ

It's gonna take years/generations for GPUs to evolve to a point where we can game on 4K for reasonable prices.

Past 1080 is just a meme, still rocking a 768p laptop and TV and dont miss anything from higher res displays.

I saw one of those 8k tvs in a store the other day. Everything looked like it was animated. I was disappointed.

there is literally difference between 8k and 4k to your eyes on almost every display except an ultra gigantic one. seen them in person. this shit will not sell.

Indeed.

A 2080ti can still barely run video on it, let alone gayming.
It's still a few years away.

I don't even know where I should place a 88" TV, I've been sitting 2 meters away from a 32" screen for most of the last decade. Such large resolutions are the domain of projectors for me.

honestly if I'm not monitor distance away from a display I can't tell if it's higher than 1080p

So why would I care about an 8k gazzillion inch TV?

>OLED
Shit durability, no thanks.

agreed, cheap, low latency high resolution projector's are the way to go

8k wont go mainstream for a decade faggot. It'll take at least another 5 years for 4k adoption to completely take over if even then. Climate change keeping a nigga down I know right?

>projectors
>high resolution
>cheap
Pick two

Everyone seems to have very strong opinions about what the human eye can or can't see, and they all seem to disagree with each other. I'll believe it when I see a well-run double-blind experiment, planned by opthalmologists, funded by an unbiased and disinterested party, and featuring a wide variety of different test content, conclude that participants could not reliably distinguish an PPI display from an PPI display.

>Everyone seems to have very strong opinions about what the human eye can or can't see
It couldn't be that people may have varying levels of eyesight which may or may not affect what people distinguish

Still trying to find a decently sized 1280x800 monitor. Golden ratio 4 lyfe

I had this doubt a while ago, experimented with 4k and 1440p monitors and went with 1440p.
If you like high DPI, then go ahead with 4k, but I think it's a meme. All I want is more space for my stuff on screen, and scaling kinda defeats the purpose
If you want 4k without scaling, then text will be way too small on 32" screens and under. Go over that and you'll be turning your head around way too much.
I think a 28" 1440p monitor is right in the sweet spot, I don't think I'll ever want something bigger (unless monitors are somehow radically reinvented, of course)

guy looks like me

He is not even looking at the screen, imagine how chad he must be.

>2 minute input delay
sure, great for gaming.

>8k
>vertical and horizontal resolution is below 8000

Attached: hol up.jpg (500x500, 68K)

He's looking at the glorious future he's secured for his people and his whaito piggu children

>giving a shit about 4K and 8K when it's still 24fps garbage

minute input delay
>sure, great for gaming.
How did you reach this conclusion?

1440 is a meme resolution with shit content scaling outside of DVDs, and you aren't going to watch DVD resolution shit full screen anyway.
4K 120hz with decent colours (97.5% DCI-P3 when tested) has been a decent price for almost a year now, however it has issues (higher than average backlight bleed), the next round of cheap shit meant to come out soon should fix that.
So you can either wait for the high DCI-P3 1080p240hz monitors and then wait for a decent Rec.2020 coverage 4K monitor with high refresh rate in a few years, or wait for high DCI-P3 4K144hz without the teething issues.

tv reponse times get worse and worse the larger you go.

what an absolute meme post, yeah just pay insane amounts for 4k high hz or wait a couple of years :^)

or just get a great 1440p screen now

4k is nearly pointless for most homes, and 8k is absolutely pointless, as a resolution metric.

HOWEVER

oled and 2 panel ips/va for pixel perfect local dimming, 4k and 8k suddenly have a reason to exist, a pinprick star that can output a full 1000cdm2 or more, thats where the resolution makes sense

however oleds are trash for burn in, and 2 panel is yet to hit the market in a significant way.

RX 5700xt

4k high refresh rate at the same colour gamut coverage isn't that much more expensive than 1440p currently. You will absolutely hate yourself for doing 1440p if you do any kind of content consumption due to its shit scaling from 1080p or 4k.

>confident business getup
>manspreading
Based

That's more casual than business.

I know right? We still have fuck all for 4k

Get a larger screen, I recommend something like a 55"

Current OLED TVs have sub 1ms response time for 55 inch
Going to 88 inch won't make any difference
Bigger screens having worse response time is a myth anyway as you can't quantify the difference in response time between a larger vs smaller panel since there are so many other factors that can affect response time

He has his shirt tucket in with no belt. Autism?????