What is Jow Forums‘s view on transhumanism?

What is Jow Forums‘s view on transhumanism?

Attached: 43E121DD-E758-4F75-92EF-0B6A980AC496.png (960x542, 1.15M)

wishful thinking

its based and makes tedposters seethe

fuck my shit up stellaris style, senpai

How so?

Don't care. I'll die before it becomes a real thing.

fuck off back to /lgbt/

You're already dead.

people greatly overestimate how fast they think these major changes are going to take place. things that transhumanists claim will happen in our lifetime, if they ever happen, will take hundreds of years. from a certain point of view scientific progress has accelerated, on the other hand really the low lying fruit has been picked and certain things have stagnated hard.

I can't wait for limbs as a service. I'm gonna subscribe to the premium package to unlock such cool additional features as sprinting and the stairs compatibility update.

Not fair, I was born too soon. It’d be a win if cryogenics were perfected.

It's fucking epic and I want it. Hope it happens in the next ~80 years.

>tfw you realize the first eye augments will record and stream everything you see to a server somewhere, to "improve your experience."

nani

I like my deus ex games.
But this is never happening in my lifespan.

>born 2 soon
In 60 years people might be skinning eachother alive and eating their meat

the world can be in utter chaos.
we're living in a pretty good time most likely, yeah we dont get cool shit, but hey that cool shit may never ever come because of global disasater

dilate

I will only accept that bionic shit in me if it's running Free Software. The botnet is bad enough do we really want it in our bodies?

Synthetic ascension is objectively the best path. Fleshbags need to be turned to batteries.

I was thinking about this recently with my friend. we were talking about whether we'd rather go forward or backwards in time, just to hang out for a while but you can't bring anything back.

I was thinking the future to see all the cool new stuff. but it would be interesting to see the past and know how things really were back then day to day since a lot is actually not known. but then we realized going into the future even like 50 years could mean nuclear war or near anarchy from climate migration. being put in the wrong part of the world might mean living in hell. there's actually really no way to know if the distant future is even going to exist. I mean who can really say what the planet will be like in 200 years? destroyed? saved? completely different in every way? so much could happen now that things have accellerated.

>that things have accellerated
Elaborate

>Future bad! Scary! Y2K! URRRRRGH!

If we haven't done it yet, we're probably not going to.

Attached: 756311_orig.jpg (648x478, 79K)

yeah bro, asteroids, disease, war, will all be a thing of the past in 60 years ;^)

Thats why humans shouldn’t do anything about it and become depressed doomers :^)

Modern Moloch worship

Time travel isnt real bro ;)
Yes, time travel is what we were talking about.
You're excused from this thread now

>scientists double human lifespans within my lifetime
>I now live until 200 years
>Within the next 100 years they double human lifespans again, meaning I have 200 years until they have to double it again
>Repeat until immortal

>Time travel isnt real bro
If we can't travel through time then why do we need clocks?
Idiot.

Cant arrive too soon, i am 20yo and idont really want to die soon.

Trannies are trying to hijack that too.

bump