What is happening to Wikipedia?

What is happening to Wikipedia?

Attached: 1567801969249.jpg (474x474, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/wikipedia-down-not-working-google-stopped-page-loading-encyclopedia-a9095236.html
twitter.com/UKDrillas/status/1170074170211934208
twitter.com/fs0c131y/status/1170101254820966400
kiwix.org/en/
twitter.com/UKDrillas
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you tell me

Did someone finally fucking notice and made a thread about it? It's been dead for close to an hour I think.

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/wikipedia-down-not-working-google-stopped-page-loading-encyclopedia-a9095236.html

En.wikipedia.org Status

Is en.wikipedia.org down right now?
It's not just you! en.wikipedia.org is down.

Nevermind, have this picture of Boris Johnson.

Attached: boris-bull-2.jpg (1216x912, 123K)

twitter.com/UKDrillas/status/1170074170211934208

We should've donated!

Attached: images (2).jpg (301x168, 9K)

newest advertising stunt for donation begging

this is just a ploy to get people to give them money isnt it

it's a DDoS attack.

Why bother DDoSing Wikipedia?

either that or the adpocalypse has entered a new stage.

kek

Good! Wikipedia has ruined so many people’s lives.

If you control knowledge, you control everything.

Fucking Bongistanis

how? explain.

So the Jews DDoS'd Wikipedia to gain control over information and now they're flossing on college students. Good shit.

kek, I rebooted my router earlier since Wikipedia wouldn't load

you couldn't just search another website

I'm not able to donate to wikipedia

It has ruined many scientists careers by telling them are not notable enough for an entry while thousands of obscure anime characters get articles.

WE NEED DECENTRALISED HOSTING
YOU WERE WARNED ABOUT THIS

How could you DDoS Wikipedia? I thought big and professionally-ran websites are very DDoS proof.

they are targeting Europe afaik

Probaply some ethical hacker trying to make money

Or just some nigger fucking around because niggers

>ethical hacker
An ethical hacker shouldn't deny free access to knowledge

I've never seen archive beg for money, but wikipedia does it at every chance..

Long nosed troll people, or just capitalism?

>capitalism
They literally do it for free. They're like an online charity.

Maybe it costs thousands of pesos to keep a server like wikipedia running

damn jonnes using loic again

Attached: 9b579c25.jpg (506x488, 29K)

I guess you could argue that they control a lot of information, and they could be paid by influential people to restrict certain articles from being created or disputing the validity of certain information. I don't think this is true, but it's probably "the argument" if there are people who think that.

If this is a DDoS attack, the one responsible for it should be euthanized.

go to töihin

some UK fags took the blame, but I think they're just a bunch of kiddos

=)

hopefully it dies forever
actually the only thing worth archiving from wikipedia is the editor profile pages and article change/discussion pages
the future hopefully will look back on the "project" with disdain and embarrassment

>donate to fake news
Lel

so, the way your parents look at you?

go outside nerd

the essential humanness of the whole thing - its drama, its obsessive literal autist editors and moderators, its tons of pages filled with debate and discussion on various things - are all more valuable than the """objectively written""" articles. wikipedia tries to make articles that are for robots to read rather than humans. it could do with some more soul (eg like stanford encyclopedia of philosophy which actually has interpretation and 'bias') and less delusional utopian sci-fi nerd fantasy about "muhhh free information, muhh objectivity".

the future is going to be insulted that we thought they were so stupid and we so unfaulteringly enlightened

chinese dynasties wrote their predecessor's history in an obviously biased way. but that's life, that's humanness. and literally fucking everyone understood this because as humans we have such things as unspoken rules and understanding. wikipedia is for robots not people and it's not valuable for anything except its only human aspects (comment sections and cringey user pages).

what, no holocaust reference?

what?

No need, those burocrats have enough money, they just didn't invest enough in cyber security (or at least in a decent communication channel, where you can check if they got problems or not - if only somebody invented social media already!)

Yeah, them. y tho?

>he hasn't downloaded the whole Wikipedia articles into Zim files
Pathetic

>objectivity is nigh impossible to achieve
>let's just resign ourself to nothing but bullshit
The 20th century is over you cunt, your kind is getting booted out of academia and there's nothing you can do about it.

it's your task to interpret the information, not theirs, faggot. Unironically kill yourself

twitter.com/fs0c131y/status/1170101254820966400
why is a random baguette security researcher posting screencaps of this thread?

>the frog conveniently forgets to post that euthanize post
why is Jow Forums right every time?

>steam broken for a few days
>numerous other websites broken for me
>now wikipedia is broken
what the fuck is going on?

The joys of SaaS

Uhhh, nothing?

Attached: works.png (200x193, 34K)

I run Arch Linux btw

>donating money to a free™ website

Attached: 1402428199869.png (1024x712, 168K)

implying (((they))) don't write what (((they))) want

>5 hours after troubles started
>1/2 hour after troubles ended

>how? explain.
How is controlling knowledge powerful? You got a lot to learn kiddo. Better get started. Sounds like you're a little behind.

That's sill. A scientist's career isn't hinging on Wikipedia presence.

>Long nosed troll people, or just capitalism?
I'd guess they require a ton of server space and it's expensive to keep the site running.

>literally anything ever I don't like
>IT'S DA JEWZZZZZZ also muh Jow Forums boogeyman

Wikipedia's hosting expenses literally go down every year, and yet they find ways to spend more money. They have literal lobbyists and spend millions flying people all over for conferences while e-beggin. Complete joke but typical NGO scam type behavior.

Who would do this?

Attached: wikipedia attack.png (711x415, 47K)

God is punishing Wikipedia for being CIA propaganda and having 90% of their sources be dead links.

For the record, most of the entries are done by some uber-Catholic dweeb

Hey, those self-congradulating conferences cost a pretty penny you know.

not work for me too

all you need to know is, never EVER donate to wikipedia. they don't need shit.

Get your Kiwix version

kiwix.org/en/

lmao how is fucking Wikipedia fake news???

twitter.com/UKDrillas

So is this guy for real or some edgelord claiming responsibility for keks ?

no hes black

Why even do this? How much of a loser can you be. I never understood these people. They’re always some lonely NEET incel hiding behind their computer and being degenerate.

Wow, sure showed them, until it comes back online and people donate to help, but you’ll still be a loser. Good job.

You sound retarded, why the fuck would you want to read something that's obviously biased?

The article on gender is anti-science and infactual. Many articles are just as bad, the entire site is filled with fiction presented as fact.

works now

Attached: Безымянный.png (1024x768, 244K)

Attached: Boris-Johnson.png (1192x1227, 3.65M)