Worse than ubutnu and its forks for a desktop

>worse than ubutnu and its forks for a desktop
>worse than gentoo and debian for servers
>loses to gentoo in the meme distro contest
>worse than fedora for bleeding edge
give me one good reason why anyone should ever use this fucking trash

Attached: Archlinux-icon-crystal-64.svg.png (600x600, 32K)

Feels comfy to have a totally stock experience

I forgot to add, its a fucking waste of time compiling all your software

it looks cool

So you admit arch isnt for productivity?

That's Gentoo you're thinking about not arch

no shit

What do you mean?

I know this is a bait thread but someone please explain this to me. I have used Ubuntu, KDE Neon, Arch, and Manjaro and easily the two worst for desktop were Ubuntu and Neon for the simple reason of not providing bleeding edge software where I need it, such as video drivers. And Archfags like to shit on Manjaro for being casual or something but Arch is literally just too much busywork to justify using it over Manjaro. Sure it's more minimal and the busywork isn't hard, but it's a pain in the dick to install everything you need in the first few days, like automatically mounting USB drives for example. Manjaro just starts with it. So if Manjaro is so shitty, what should I be using with my other concerns in mind? Antergos is fucking dead.

>worse than ubuntu for desktop
Aww, what's the matter? Did the little baby try to install Arch and lose all his data screwing up the partitioning?

condres looks like a pretty comfy arch based distro with really nice defaults, basically what manjaro should have been.
I would give it a try but I'm happy with debian stable.

I like Arch.

The setup process for arch is a pain but doesn't take too long. Once you've that over, it's the same shit as any other distro, however up to date packages would make anyone happy. There's probably easier options for rolling release, however their docs are just too good compared to other options.

haha this owns

He's not me (OP), if that's what youre thinking.

anarchy

If you don't mind having a bunch of preloaded packages that you'll never use, then use manjaro. Defaults are pretty decent and it has a nice color scheme

You mentioned Gentoo as the top meme distro, but there's not much of a comparison between arch and gentoo because arch doesn't totally waste your time for placebo performance gains. If your argument is using bleeding edge software compiled from master, it's not worth it, a lot will be buggy garbage. You can do that with arch anyway.

>he thinks people struggle with reading instructions for 15 minutes
your shitty distro isnt hard to install or use
its simply obsolete

Strange argument to call a rolling release obsolete.

>arch is obsolete
>uses apt distro
jfl @ delusional ubuntu users

>t. cant read
its obsolete compared to fedora and 50% of the other unstable distros

manjaro works well for me. comfy distro.
never had any major issues with it. don't have any desire to set it all up myself either.

I don't use ubuntu you ape
arch is just inferior to other distros for any purpose
theres no reason to use it

>So if Manjaro is so shitty, what should I be using with my other concerns in mind? Antergos is fucking dead.
EndeavourOS is the new Antergos, plus it doesn't have all the pre-installed proprietary bloatware like Manjaro.

Attached: EndeavourOS.png (434x110, 4K)

Thanks, I'll check that out when they release a KDE version.

To brag about the fact they installed it. Overrated garbage