Lightbulbs are technology

genius.
Instead of a centralised standard on lightbulb fitting, let kill energy efficiency.
Very based.

Attached: 70FA314B-E3C2-4D9D-BBD7-04CC0D75C276.jpg (1242x1747, 505K)

Other urls found in this thread:

earther.gizmodo.com/trumps-energy-department-swoops-in-to-save-us-from-tyra-1837889616
web.archive.org/web/20190906230838/http://earther.gizmodo.com/trumps-energy-department-swoops-in-to-save-us-from-tyra-1837889616
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centennial_Light
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homelessness_in_the_San_Francisco_Bay_Area
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Context?

regulation is theft

earther.gizmodo.com/trumps-energy-department-swoops-in-to-save-us-from-tyra-1837889616

Fake news what else

>According to the Washington Post, eliminating those standards will mean that inefficient incandescent lightbulbs previously slated to be “effectively phased out” by the start of 2020 will continue to be manufactured and sold stores across the U.S., potentially costing billions of dollars in extra energy costs annually.
then don't buy them. Easy. LED lightbulbs arent goin anywhere

polturds will defend this

LED bulbs already exist. I don't see why anyone would care about the subject of this article one way or another. The author is a dumbass though
>“It makes zero sense to eliminate energy-saving lightbulb standards that will save households money on electricity bills and cut climate change emissions,” Appliance Standards Awareness Project executive director Andrew deLaski told the Washington Post in a statement.
Just buy LED then! This is so stupid.

pol will defend anything their media backed orange overlord tells them to, what else is new?

Orange Man BAD!

web.archive.org/web/20190906230838/http://earther.gizmodo.com/trumps-energy-department-swoops-in-to-save-us-from-tyra-1837889616

>Just buy LED then!
Do you really think the average American knows or cares what type of light bulb they throw in their shopping cart? Be honest.

A better product doesn’t need to be forced on people. Fuck off.

When they cost 4x more they notice just fine.

don't you have voting machines to hack, russian bot?

>People are not responsible for their own actions

Attached: 1565723936381.jpg (852x1024, 123K)

I dont want to sound like a nutcase, but I have a LED lamp that runs off 12v DC and I just have it hooked to a car battery I charge up once a month or so.
It is just.. different from AC lamps
I cant explain it but its more calming and comfy

Based, removing regulations and allowing choice is always great.

Some people just don't like the LED light.
Or feel the placebo and claim to dislike it.

Either way if somebody wants to use incandescent and pay for it they by all means should.

LEDs are dumb anyway. Filament incandescent is the way to future. Bring BACK the 100watt incandescent bulbs.

Hey buddy, go back to r*ddit with your shitty bait.

>centralised standard on lightbulb fitting

where they going to lower wire guage requirements for electrical fittings or something? You're making it sound like they just said know what fuck edison fittings, that's some disingenuous shit.

MUH REDDIT BOOGEYMAM
go back to Jow Forums nazi

Tragedy of the commons. Ever heard of it?

LEDs are not light, they are blinking and autists can pick it up and be annoyed

>MUH REDDIT BOOGEYMAM
>go back to Jow Forums nazi

Consumers are so stupid they won't make correct decisions.

>Just buy LED then! This is so stupid.
While LEDs are good, they’re way more expensive upfront than incandescents. In true lib fashion, they have to force adoption via legislation rather than letting consumers decide by themselves. That’s why they’re so mad, consumers will have the ability to continue buying incandescents if they want.

Drumpfkin seethe amd cope

Pretty sure incandescent bulbs have been banned for sale or manufacture here in the eu for a while now.
It's taken years for led bulbs to be available for a reasonable price. Although cheap landlords still manage to fit every house with incandescent bulbs, I think they take the previous renter's led bulbs out and sell them.

What mouth breather is still buying garbage incandescent bulbs anyway?

Right, the only way they could force consumers to LEDs is to ban incandescents.

Don't need regulations to force a transition; better technology has a tendency to replace shittier technology. LED bulbs are cost competitive now (unlike a few years ago when they were >$15 a piece).

What made you think I support Trump?

You being stupid

Drumpf is dumb and hates thing that intelligent news journalists read in wikipedia

Attached: plebbit.png (594x582, 41K)

He is dumb though.
He has no awareness about anything.

"ok"

Attached: dem_soc_nut_butter_free_stuff.jpg (473x479, 24K)

why do democrats hate a perfect colour rendering index?

I'm extremely curious on what you anons think about the following:
>"18 U.S. Code §2074.False weather reports"
>"Whoever knowingly issues or publishes any counterfeit weather forecast or warning of weather conditions falsely representing such forecast or warning to have been issued or published by the Weather Bureau, United States Signal Service, or other branch of the Government service, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ninety days, or both."

Attached: president-trump-dorian-map-ap-jef-190904_hpMain_12x5_992.jpg (992x415, 65K)

NOAA technically IS the "Weather Bureau", correct?

Attached: 960x0.jpg (960x455, 48K)

Maybe he already pardoned himself.

did he do it knowingly though?

>trump is such a HUGE FUCKING MORON that it now becomes his alibi
Impressive desu

Attached: 1559947773648.png (427x415, 245K)

I'm not going to stop buying LEDs for my lamps, and some of my kitchen light sockets ring hard when I try using non-incandescent bulbs. Glad I don't need to stockpile more
Disappointed to see so much shitflinging that isn't even related to lighting

IIRC the person who posted that got canned.

What is wrong with good quality LED bulbs right now? Yeah, cheapo chink shit will probably flicker like hell and produce crap light, but good ones like Phillips/Osram/etc bulbs are perfectly fine nowadays.

What is wrong with Americans, why don't they respect their president? What a shithole of a nation. I stand with Mr. President, he is a good man doing right by the people.

LEDs are superior for general lighting around the house because they provide cheap light. Get ballasted lights with the highest CRI you can, the premium is worth it - but, Incandescent and Halogen are superior for lighting your desk, work spaces, and reading light because by their very nature their CRI is a perfect 100 and they have no flicker whatsoever.
A dollar or two a year in electricity to have very high quality lighting at my desk, in my workspace, at the kitchen counter, and in my reading light are easily worth it, the same way that a high CRI ballasted light is worth a few bucks more than a dollar store LED bulb

WHAT THE GODDAMN
FUCK FUCK FUCK
ITS ILLEGAL FOR ME TO BUY LIGHT BULBS NOW. FUCK NO

Attached: 1555455831523.jpg (800x447, 43K)

incandescent bulbs have longer lifespan and better color accuracy/rendering

Nothing, they last a super long time so the difference in initial cost is pretty meaningless. You can get dimmable and outdoor bulbs, and you can choose between brightness and color temperature. Sorry for the shilling, but
>t.works at a light bulb store.

>people angry about this
>as they fail to realize it would hurt poor people to force them to buy expensive light bulbs
why are privileged americans like this?

LEDs are not expensive here
Hell you can get (albeit crummy) LED bulbs from dollar tree
"Good" bulbs with decent drivers start at $4

>LEDs
>expensive
it's not 2009 anymore

the electricity savings are significant and energy companies actually subsidize leds

Sounds like we would be better served by getting rid of proles than by getting rid of incandescent bulbs.

Lets stop feeding and sheltering degenerates and third worlders for a little while. Let natural selection do its job again. If the world population drops to a couple hundred million, those remaining won't have to worry about their stupid light bulbs and life will be pleasant again.

Good idea, m80.

Underrated

>Instead of a centralised standard on lightbulb fitting
user, these regulations had absolutely nothing to do with socket standards...
>What is wrong with Americans, why don't they respect their president?
Don't worry, most of us support the president. As for the left, whether or not you can call them "Americans" is up for debate.
>better color accuracy/rendering
Depends on the quality of the bulb, regardless of whether it's incandescent or LED.
>incandescent bulbs have longer lifespan
Where the fuck does this retardation come from? I may be 22, but I definitely remember the days of incandescent bulbs, their lifetimes were fucking godawful. As for the claim I think you're making about LEDs, the problem in that case is shitty design of the power supplies in the "bulbs". A specialized LED light system with a central power supply would work MUCH better.

yeah he's so stupid, dumb and incompetent he turned a few million dollars into billions in a couple decades. and what have you accomplished recently?

What we need is more nuclear power.

And, if CO2 REALLY is what its going to kill us, we need to start cutting down ALL forests in the planet and reforesting

>the Department of Energy wrote that standards imposed in 2017 were composed “in a manner that is not consistent with the best reading of the statute”

okay, so they are not trying to "save us from more efficient lightbulbs" they are trying to maintain the intention of the legislation, but remove the bad side-effects of the poorly constructed legislation. basically they are going to refactor the legislation because after peer review it was found to be not only sub-optimal but poorly designed with many bugs.

Attached: 1567501656192.jpg (480x495, 62K)

>everyone must use one type of lightbulb
Leave it to people to make that choice. Each type has its advantages and shortcomings. The rollback on incandescents won't really do much. People now have cheap LED bulbs to choose from.

Incandescents are particularly good in applications where power supply is unstable and would kill ballasts on CFL and LED. Also, their low efficiency makes incandescent a good choice for heat lamps. Some people like the glow as well. It's probably not going to make a comeback to conventional lighting anytime soon.

this. there is absolutely no reason to spend government time and resources writing and enforcing a law because people are naturally going to opt for the cheaper choice anyway, 80% of the time. that's a higher conformity rate than you would ever get with a law.

here's another example: whale oil vs electricity. did people continue using oil after the cheaper and better alternative came out? did they need to force people to stop using oil and start using electricity? answers are obvious "No's" because electricity is cheaper and better

As much as I think incandescent bulbs are a pain in the ass, I'd also add that they do tolerate heat better than any other bulb I know about, and is more reliable than other bulbs in applications like oven lighting, stove hood lighting, water/chemical resistant enclosures, etc.. Personally, though, I'd go with LED lights fed from a central power supply with surge protection.

how the FUCK do I fix my led light buzz, that shit is annoying as hell and makes me want to kill someone. It increases when I lower the dimmer but is there even at 100% and even on switches with no dimmer. Does my power just suck or something?

Power the lights with DC not ac

... How exactly am I supposed to do that? The socket for them is in the ceiling, i.e. they are hooked up to mains power, not separate lamps and things. I'm a brainlet about this sort of stuff, but for what it's worth my incandescent bulbs never had this problem.

Buy better bulbs

Good bulbs have constant current drivers that do full AC to DC conversion to power the LEDs

Cool, got any recs/links? What price should I expect?

The American "president" wasn't democratically elected, there's no reason to respect a Russian puppet

>got any recs/links?
The best bulbs I've used that seem to have the best drivers and regulation where from GE a few years ago lettering on it was LED10DA19/827, haven't bought any since then that proved to be any better
I paid something like $20 or so for 4

Thanks user, much appreciated

>A russian puppet that tells russia to fuck off
Whatever, retard.

He didn't, stop getting your news stories from alt right blogs

>people are the problem
Sounds like we need a solution to the people problem, comrade.

Because the game they were playing was electoral college, and Trump used electoral college strategies.
If it was a democratic direct election, Trump would use democratic direct election strategies.
Also Hillary is not the hill you want to die on.
Trump is the symptom of the failure that the democrats are, by not doing the basic 101 strategy of actually talking about things that interest the public at large instead of literally chasing gamergate.

Hyperikon on Amazon have good lights for the money, particularly the LED retrofits for florescent tubes. I've actually made a decent amount of side money installing them for some local businesses.

incandescent are toxic both to the environment and to humans in more ways than one. libtards effectively poisoned an entire generation of people and tons of land with their pathetic attempt to mandate away incandescent bulbs.

It's not the first or last tech fuck up they will do.

Attached: rohs.gif (630x630, 53K)

NOOOOOOO
NOT THE LIGHT BULBS
DRUMPF CAN BE ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH THIS

Attached: 1534703138945.gif (320x240, 2.87M)

>he turned few daddy's millions into billions in decades
ftfy

>ITT: lightbulb is technology thread
Might as well. Anybody have recommendations for mock incandescents? Id prefer to stick to incandescents but the power savings sound nice. However, I hate the whine and low flicker rate of shitty LEDs, plus the blue tints and inaccuracy of colors in my house.

Privatize everything then.

olololololo

did you mean fluorescent? because this post is the most retarded shit I've read all day, otherwise.

Hi, I'm an electrician from Finland. The LED bulbs we install as a part of our service come with a 3 year warranty. If they go out in the first three years of their use, they will be replaced by the manufacturer at no cost to the customer.

LED's have retardedly long lifespans
Incandescent is literally a metal filament in a vacuum that is on the edge of melting
Please try and tell me again the latter will last longer

>We should blindly follow our dear leader
I too enjoy blissful ignorance

>Right wingers suddenly caring about poor people when it suits them
I love this meme

Here's your (You), gaylord

Attached: original-orangemanbad.png (537x280, 31K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centennial_Light
OK Kid

DUDE

Right wingers are the poor though, that's why you don't see em much in the more developed states.

>The Centennial Light was originally a 30-watt[4] (or 60-watt[5]) bulb, but is now very dim, emitting about the same light as a 4-watt nightlight
>The bulb's long life has been attributed to its low power, nearly continuous operation, and dedicated power supply
Wow it's almost like things last longer when run at lower energy levels
Fucking retard

>After being re-lit, the bulb burned at close to its original brightness for several hours before dimming again.

You have poor reading comprehension and you just moved the goal posts. Show me an LED that's been on for 100 years, I'll wait. . .

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homelessness_in_the_San_Francisco_Bay_Area

>High tech companies exist here
>Works paid very highly
>Real estate speculation explodes housing prices
>Inefficient low density suburban sprawl prevents efficient housing density
There's some things to blame

Excellent post, comrade Xiao Ping.