Previous thread:
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of Windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt

Attached: sqtsmugangelcute.jpg (684x844, 270K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Steam
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/AMDGPU
amazon.com/dp/B07WY51GBJ
amazon.com/dp/B07X33M4K8/
fakespot.com/
github.com/WeAreFairphone/flashable-zip_microG
github.com/mpv-player/mpv-build
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/The-logger
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In some games, I can see the "seems" of a 3D object. I know I optimized my nvidia control panel for performance but is there a specific option to make it so I don't see these "seems"? I think it might have something to do with transparency AA but I'm not sure.

Attached: weird lines in 3D.png (1013x892, 1.6M)

If I have my own domain I'm using with say Putin's Yandex and I want to migrate my domain to say something like Criptext (once supported) or another provider, would I expect issues migrating over or would it just work? Debating whether or not to buy a domain and set it up now or wait until criptext supports it.

When I play games in windowed/borderless mode (on 144hz, gsync monitor) fps gets locked to the fps of my 2nd monitor (60) if I have a video/stream/whatever open on it. Any ideas to fix other than using fullscreen mode?

Is there any way I can blur images in threads by using css? I'm an absolute brainlet when it comes to css so I need some spoonfeeding on this one.

is there a drug that makes time go more slowly?

yeah you can probably add a default blur property and then another property where it removes the blur if you hover, I'd have to look it up I don't know what it is off the top of my head

Why don't we have a real alternative to Windows OS, no one smart or hungry enough to compete with Microsoft?

Macos is pretty usable desu and not hard to install on most systems these days

Install Gentoo

Gnstall Ientoo

That's what I was thinking off. I know that the class selector starts with .thread and that the code involves blur:__px, but I don't know how to structure it.

Why the fuck does my printer add page numbers despite me not enabling it and why do the pages look different than in the print preview? Would it make a difference if I convert them in pdfs before?

>Would it make a difference if I convert them in pdfs before?
probably. what format is it in when you're printing it? printing a pdf is probably a good idea since it should just print exactly what you see on the page

just a word document but thank I'll try that instead

Iestall Gnntoo

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but it's kinda tech related, so I'll give it a shot.
So I've been trying to break into the field of IT for awhile now, looking for basic bitch entry level help desk positions. I finally got an offer for a company who seems to be fine with my lack of IT experience, but the recruiter says they'll only take me in on either a 1099 or a Corp2Corp contract. Is this a bad idea for someone trying to start out?

Attached: 1523993166574.jpg (639x891, 554K)

>get AMD system
>install everything
>flash new BIOS with CPU installed, takes 30 minutes, turn it off
>Apparently nothing should be connected except power cables
>ok.png
>remove CPU and retry flashing
>been going for an hour
What the fuck am I supposed to do now

i have a panasonic palmcorder from 1994. i bought three aftermarket batteries of two different brands since the original two don't hold a charge. all three aftermarket batteries only power the camcorder for five or so minutes before the camera's battery indicator starts to flash. i have a jvc charger alongside the oem panasonic charger and have charged the batteries with both. the chargers only charge them for several minutes before indicating they're fully charged. the camera works fully when plugged directly into the charger (no battery, just direct current), but not any of the new batteries.

why is this happening?

Attached: whatthefuckman.jpg (400x315, 19K)

replug the batteries in the charger, it may be detecting a false peak, if they are nimh they need to be exercised. old stock batteries suck.

What gapps package should I install?

Attached: 1566138158489.jpg (1024x580, 43K)

the old ones are NiCd batteries and are known to go bad over time. and yes all three new batteries are NiMH batteries, but what do you mean "exercise"? how do you go about doing that?

Can't run steam and modern graphic devices, not a real OS

Just search "9V" and you'll find a bunch of videos on it

>Can't run steam
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Steam
>modern graphics drivers
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/AMDGPU

how do i search on chan archives for posts that contain one phrase or another, but not necessarily for posts that contain both?

HOW DO I REMOVE "sppextcomobjhook.dll"
I'VE TRIED TO GET RID OF IT SEVERAL TIMES BUT IT KEEPS COMING BACK

Attached: a09.png (680x708, 387K)

Did I put too much thermal paste and if so how do I remove it?

Attached: CC79383B-F673-4114-BD02-FBA109AB1826.jpg (4032x3024, 2.9M)

Heat sink

Attached: 588E8034-2945-4782-8936-A8D4B3E6BACF.jpg (4032x3024, 2.14M)

Remove it with a GNU/Linux livecd instead of from windows.

FUCKIN WHAT

dumbass. You might as well clean it off and reapply, cause now you might trap air or spread it where it shouldn't go

How do you clean it off? I thought you were supposed to take it off to check if you spread it right?

Run a different OS
Remove it using said OS
Boot Windows again

Are you a brainlet? I can explain in more depth if you can't into computers.

Can someone confirm this for me? Am I tripping or are random products' reviews appearing on these pages? I'm looking for a new screen protector for my phone, but these reviews are talking about Christmas trees and coloring pencils.
amazon.com/dp/B07WY51GBJ
amazon.com/dp/B07X33M4K8/
Is it happening to any other items?

That's a common way of doing fake reviews on the cheap. Just copy them over from unrelated shit and most people don't notice.

fakespot.com/

Building a raspberry pi retropi and I was wondering if anyone knew the best place for getting components like d-pad and speakers that would be easily be integrated with a breadboard if possible. Taking a basic electronics course so I can learn how to assemble this shit.

is there an option without getting another OS

It's not a permanent replacement

ok how do i do that :)

Find an USB drive with content you don't mind losing. Or a clean writeable CD.
Google "ubuntu live usb tutorial" or the variant for CD.
The tutorial will probably also say how to boot it up. Make sure to close the windows completely before that. Don't let it hibernate, it has to shut down, like for updates. If you don't know how to do that, google it.
Once you have it booted up, find the drive with Windows on it, find the virus file, then delete it.
Then just reboot into windows.

The virus should not recreate itself now. But if it does, it means it is coming from somewhere else and you're better off just trying different antiviruses until one manages to delete it.

those are just imperfections in the mesh themselves. not much you can do about it outside of replacing the mesh itself with a cleaned up model.

Should I be concerned about my heat sink fan touching the ram? It’s only barely touching from what I see. It’s not putting pressure on the ram stick.

Attached: 0B4781B1-F377-40BF-B75A-2E2D8EE03C62.jpg (4032x3024, 2.79M)

based pederast poster

no, it's fine.

Free software is made by programmers to fulfill their needs, not necessarily yours. I'd have no difficulty living without Windows, although I'd need to buy a different GPU to not have screen tearing, and my video game library would be shrunk to a lesser virtual infinity.

In 80 years, will I regret having done anal? Should I develop a diaper fetish and do it more?

Attached: Captain Vidya.png (533x697, 15K)

Just be careful with it and don't fuck like a retard negro and you'll be fine.

I have like, 28-32 laptops in my house. All of them range from old as fuck Dell's with floppy disc inserts to new alien ware shit. I gathered the collection from college/friends/dumpster diving. I hoard tech so my storage shed is filled with CRT TV's, random circuit boards, and a great deal of wires (I know I have like 60+ VGA cables)

Anyways, I've decided to fix the laptops and make a quick buck selling them. Most would just require a new screen/hdd/ mobo. I've diagnosed some of them and already started making a profit. However to fix the other's they need power. And it'd be nice to not have to replace the fucking charging cable for each one becuase it'd seriously eat into the profits. So how can I supply the required voltage/amps to the computers without having to buy each of them a fucking cable.

Get a universal supply. The voltage needs to be the same, or close to it, and the current/amps only needs to be enough. Too many amps isn't a problem.

Do you know how to find service manuals instead of guessing and brute forcing your way into everything?

Side note question. I have atleast 4 laptops that will turn on but the screen remains blank. Usually if the screen is cracked or something I pop in a HDMI/VGA cable to an external monitor and just go from there before replacing parts, such as the screen. But for some reason these little fuckers won't connect with the VGA and I cannot for the life of me get the fucking thing to work. Of course I don't want to buy a screen for it if it's not actually broken so I'm at a loss what to do here. Plugging in a bootable linux USB solved one of the issues where I could work with it but the others still won't show a cocking image. I can't just plug in a different video connector because each brand uses a different one, from 20-30-40 pin connectors either flat or blocked connectors.

Tried one of those universal supplies. Half the connectors for the DC port didn't fit. And while almost all of them are rated at 19V some are at 4.60 amps while others at 3. Which would be fine but the one I grabbed was only rated for 3 amps. I checked with the multimeter and the DC port and some of the resistors had power. But tracing the circuit I found the voltage dropped to only about 2 volts when it reached other components. The laptop battery connectors had no voltage running through it. I suppose it's my fault for buying a cheap ass universal charger, but I'm hesitant to waste time on more. And yes I can find the service manuals without an issue (not user manuals mind) but that doesn't solve the problems. If I needed I could simply purchase the correct connector.

Honestly I've been thinking of just building a buck or flyback converter and rigging it directly to the computer's DC input.

Does your adapter happen to be lacking any kind of certification mark? Or maybe only a fake "CE"?

Anyone here got experience with "Sceptre" brand monitor? Are there any reliable?

Built my new pc
I am using my old hdd and ssd
When I turn it on it loads msi click bios
How do I get into Windows?

look up the model on tftcentral

Pc boots into bios
Red vga light on mobo
I'm lost

Scratch that
It's the boot light

is qbittorrent really that good? after all the people who recommended it from Jow Forums to /t/ say its the best one especially when i mention that i use utorrent. but now that i installed it in my new setup it seems to be rather weak when it comes to fighting for bandwidth

other torrent clients basically suck up all possible bandwidth it can get unless the download speed is limited in the options to the detriment of all other programs that also use bandwidth. now with qbitorrent it seems to easily give up bandwidth, a single browser tab watching youtube or a phone doing so on wifi is enough to dramatically decrease the client's download speed

I got a kvm switch and though I'm only using it to switch the kb+m between 2 monitors, the second monitor is flickering like there's a power problem. This doesn't happen when the switch isn't plugged (into the usb slots).

is it bad to run the monitor in this state? any ideas of a way to stop the flickering?

Attached: 1566978687688.gif (500x715, 519K)

So Jow Forums I recently purchased a netgear nighthawk M1 LTE router, I have two issues. First issue, this device supposedly supports IP passthrough so I can use a wifi router to extend wifi coverage through my home. However I cannot get IP passthrough or any internet whatsoever to function when I have connected my LTE hotspot to my router. Do any of you Jow Forumsentlemen have any experience with this and could provide any insight so as to help me get my router working with my LTE hotspot. For reference the actual devices in specific are the Netgear Nighthawk M1 (MR1100 4gLTE hotspot router with an OTR mobile sim) and a Linksys E2500 router. I have 4 bars of coverage and prior to the two issues starting was hitting 40mbps dl/ 15mbps upload.

Second issue, is that after the first night my DL/Upload speeds have plummetted drastically to a max of 15mbps dl/ 10 upload when connected directly to the nighthawk. Im not being throttled as OTR mobile is essentially providing trully unlimited enterprise data plans.

I have already tried installing gentoo on the router but that didn't help. Is this an issue with the router model or is it the nighthawk, or something entirely different.

ok

Bump for this

If i have OC and my PC shut down after like 50 mins of gaming, does that mean temp was too high or voltage was too low?

My i5-4670K seems to have a lot of leeway for OC, should i invest on liquid cooling since im gonna stay in this generation for a few more years?

What are some cool terminal commands for Windows?

Attached: me rn.png (295x306, 176K)

MicroG: github.com/WeAreFairphone/flashable-zip_microG

youtube-dl.exe -U

I have cygwin, so that's usually the only time I open CMD

what 3d object? it looks like a real-life rucksack
wait a sec are you trying to cheat me again

How can I keep the IP address I have at home anywhere in the world.

Set up a server at home to tunnel through. Your home IP address will likely change eventually, unless you're paying specifically for it not to.

Thats fine, as long as its not a vpn that has shared IPs, I know some VPNs have some "dedicacted IPs" but they are often recycled and got recognised by sites.

Is this something a raspberry Pi next to my router at home can handle, or do I actually need to buy something proper I don't need much download speed as my work shit is not very demanding bandwith wise.

I keep getting this error when trying to move photos/videos in the Gallery app on a Samsung Galaxy device, even though I have heaps of spare space on the internal storage. Any way to fix this?

Attached: Screenshot_20190907-181520_Gallery.jpg (1080x540, 73K)

How do I update my android phone?

My phone somehow doesn't have update software option in the settings

Attached: 1b7d251a-647b-4aca-abfc-5b3638f81410.jpg (960x1280, 281K)

plug in 2nd monitor to mobo

What phone is it?
Unless your phones manufacturer pushes out updates you can't.
Google is the only one releasing updates to its phones regularly, the rest doesn't care and rather wants you to buy a new phone.

Hi. I installed mpv player from the Software Manager on Linux Mint 19.2. But the release version was 0.27.2-1. Can someone help inform me how to update this to the latest version, which I believe is 0.29.1 or 0.30. How do I check to see what version I have installed, and how do I update the software?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-07_10-12-07.png (824x629, 254K)

You need to wait until it has been updated in your package manager or compile it from source yourself.
But if you do that then remove it beforehand, you don't want the package manager version and a custom installation at the same time.
Check out github.com/mpv-player/mpv-build

Why does Jow Forums look like this for me? It's only the one board that does this and it was fine the last time I went there a week ago.

Attached: FireShot Capture 224 - _adv_ - Advice - Catalog - 4chan - boards.4channel.org.png (1920x5869, 1.73M)

Try ctrl-f5.
Open the web developer tools and go to the network tab, post results.
Possibly your adblocker matches a part of the url? Jow Forums has "ad" in it.

how do i open web developer tools? keep in mind, i'm definitely retarded

On the top right, click the hamburger menu (3 lines) -> web developer -> and on top toggle tools

Is that firefox you're talking about? if i fix it there, will it fix it everywhere?

Attached: Untitled2.png (316x979, 27K)

Your screenshot had fireshot in the name, so I assumed you were using firefox.
Should have mentioned that it's in all browsers, so it's probably not a browser adblock.
In chrome it's in more tools -> developer tools.
Go to the network tab, then reload the page with F5.

Attached: Untitled2.png (1912x939, 275K)

So they are all blocked by something.
Can you try disabling your adblocker anyway, do they start appearing then?

I want to do something incredibly simple and it frustrates me to no end. I want to type the Euro (€) symbol on a UK-layout DURGOD K320 keyboard. Ctrl+Alt+4 doesn't work. Using Linux Mint 19.2.

Disabled adblock, and it looks like this now

Attached: Untitled2.png (1908x946, 268K)

Alt-gr 4 should still work, have you tried that?

You are right. I did try Alt+Ctrl on both sides, and that was my confusion. You are a Saint thanks.

Alrighty, seems like brave has some malfunctioning blocker enabled by default.
Disable the setting in pic related when you click on the lion icon on the right in the url bar, then images should start to appear.

Attached: 1564056872532.png (377x522, 31K)

It's showing up now. But does that mean if I ever want to browse Jow Forums I'll always have to turn off my adblocker?

Attached: Untitled2.png (1842x928, 819K)

You probably have some overzealous rule enabled that blocks images.
What adblocker do you have? What rules do you have enabled?
Ublock origin has a overview to check what rule filters what.
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/The-logger

I'm using adblock plus. I've never changed any settings it it, and didn't even realise there are settings you can change

adblock plus is borderline malware.
They sell spots in their whitelist.
Use ublock origin instead.

How is it malware? And once I install ublock, then what do i do to get Jow Forums to appear normal?

>How is it malware?
>They sell spots in their whitelist.

>And once I install ublock, then what do i do to get Jow Forums to appear normal?
Nothing, it shouldn't have any overzealous rules.

I just installed ublock origin, and it's not showing the pics again

did you remove adblock plus beforehand?

yeah