Is this phone any good

Is this phone any good

Attached: Screenshot_20190906-193021_Kiwi Browser.jpg (1440x2960, 772K)

When I see a review for it, and I can buy it without a waiting list, then I'll tell you that the phone of the linux ~~desktop~~ phone has come, before then its a preorder of a linux phone, theres been several failures.

This

I'm obliged to tell you it's shit and privacy snake oil honeypot that only got sales because of years of astroturfing the idea that one could and should escape corporate surveillance when the truth is if you try you're a delusional paranoid misfit retard.

Truth is it's as "good" as you choose to believe it is.
At the very least, it won't hurt you, at least not after the hit to your wallet. Unlike google.

this my typo wasn't pure cancer.

They are corporate whores preying on your paranoia. If you wanna be private, save some money and use pgp

i like that it can double as a desktop.
i don't know why all phones don't do that.
i'm probably not even going to use it as a phone, i'm just tired of taking my laptop on planes.

It's nothing but talk, terrible specs and false advertising galore. See and don't bother trying to consume your way out of a self-control problem.

>the truth is if you try you're a delusional paranoid misfit retard
Only if you, like the Librem's target audience, think the solution to corporate surveillance is to just spend more money on a broken $700 boutique fashion accessory that you'll still attach to their spying network and continue making stupid decisions with that a full GPL stack will never protect you from.

Privacy isn't just something you install or buy, no matter what the posers here tell you. Stop spewing your entire life all over the internet.

Oh, look, it's the "astroturfing" poster. A librem thread wouldn't be the same without you. Please list all contributions you have made to open source cell phone hardware or operating systems. Did someone shove a librem up your ass? Seems that would be the only explanation for how butt blasted you are.

You have no privacy.

It's the privacy version of people who buy smartwatches to "look at their phone less often"

They're retards for not capitalizing on the ability to swap out batteries on the fly.

The last flagship to release with a replaceable battery was LGV20 in 2016

vaporware
ill believe it when orders ship

Nah, he's not me but I'm glad I hit a nerve. Please stop regurgitating this shitty non-argument in every thread. It doesn't mean anything.

You can maintain a decently private life, you just need to actually have principles which usually are incompatible with carrying a social media telescreen with you wherever you go.

This. It's all about the principles.

Phone is most likely meh, but all the effort they'll put into waylanding X apps will be useful as you will be then able to just git clone and make to get it running under sailfish (might even be binary compatible as they also go with libhybris), the more foss the merrier

Seems rather niche, but this one here is looking pretty good too.

Attached: B2C3B4DE-50D8-4FA1-82B5-214766EA3035.jpg (750x1008, 347K)

No!

Oh god there was some super expensive gold.encrusted phone that was supposed to run sailfish, they even got a release of software but like whole 3-5 phones got ever produced, not enough sheep to overpay that much

Yeah I don’t think the CIBA guys are that scummy. They haven’t released a price yet but I’m assuming 600€ going by some of his replies. Give it a look

Luxury at 600? The basic librem 5 is luxury then

They mean luxury designs not luxury prices. They seem to make their shit look good instead of a fat slab of plastic with vent grates on it.

Basically it is delayed until July 2020. "Evergreen" is the phone I paid for.

It might be worth investing another 700$ to get the new cpu and play with first batch, it should be worth quite a while for collectors

Oh shit this guy kek, I know him personally he’s basically a less shizo Terry Davis, he’s pretty fucking based behind closed doors.

You hav|e bee^n vis^ited by Laur|/\ Dyatlov.

Th-is thre|ad is currently r-e/\ding 26 repli*es (|not great|, not terrible).

Attached: 1555789903558.jpg (1160x580, 109K)