/PPG/ PowerPC General - Windows Edition

Welcome to the PowerPC general! A space to discuss all things POWER ISA related.

SPARC, m68k, PA-RISC, ARM, MIPS, etc. are welcome too!

Reminder:
>>>/global/rules/10
>No spamming or flooding of any kind. No intentionally evading spam or post filters.

Evolution of PowerPC:
wiki.raptorcs.com/wiki/Power_ISA

What's new on the Amigaverse?
acube-systemsbiz.serversicuro.it/shop/en/5-sam-motherboards

Moar Amiga goodness:
youtube.com/watch?v=P3k-6_-5ZIM

Next-gen G4?
nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/power-architecture-processors/integrated-host-processors/risc-microprocessor:MPC7448?tab=Buy_Parametric_Tab&fromSearch=false#/

About Power9:
ibm.com/it-infrastructure/power/power9

Budget-friendly Talos Blackbird:
secure.raptorcs.com/content/BK1B01/purchase.html

Literally when:
powerpc-notebook.org
SOON™
youtube.com/watch?v=qvx9n25mB6s
youtube.com/watch?v=Uf5oq0OTMu4

Operating Systems for PowerPC:
bgafc.t-hosting.hu/oses4ppc.php

Fixing Radeon Linux graphics on PowerPC:
forums.macrumors.com/threads/making-g3s-and-radeon-graphics-great-again.2191877/

Attached: 1262008176.or.029909.png (1152x882, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP-UX
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because you won't get one before your non-x86 thread dies.

Attached: 5e5e5.png (501x506, 208K)

>PowerPC
>FX!32
quite literally does not compute

You still come to spam?

Just got my PowerBook G4 12" up and running with a fresh 10.4 install, now updated to 10.4.11. I can't get the damn thing to use WPA2 though, but TenFourFox works pretty great. Lots of the core software has been updated with MacPorts as well, so I have reasonably up to date command line utilities.

With a terminal window with screen and emacs, finder window, and a TenFourFox window open with three tabs it's using about 300MB RAM, leaving me with about 450MB free. It's quite sufficient for shitposting.

Attached: 1567554132856.png (1023x767, 427K)

It's a bot.

>PA-RISC
What is the recommended OS?

if you are able to install 10.5. you can use the safari leopard webkit which runs circles around tenfourfox

Did mods banning you and purging all your posts off the board twice this week not get through to your tiny rat brain that you will never belong on Jow Forums?

LWK is unstable as fuck, though it is quite fast.

I haven't really had any issues with it, although desu I only use my G4 for shitposting on Jow Forums and software/games from the era.

Meh, I've found Windows XP to be comfier for old games / shitposting. The development scene is much more active, and parts for older machines are more plentiful. The lack of interest in PPC machines just makes me depressed for some reason.

I have a few PowerMacs I'd like to restore. What web browsers are supported under Gentoo? I'd like to use Brave.

Arctic Fox works really well, and it looks like someone working on the Void PPC port got Epiphany working.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP-UX

>reee stop posting computer related things I don't like

Right. I thought it was a DEC Alpha only thing.

Attached: 1567794698019.png (1613x1108, 2.38M)

Out of curiosity, did anyone ever got NT working on Power Amigas?

In order to install PPC Windows you need a specific bootloader. I believe someone could write a tool like myHack for PPC but honestly who would bother?

>REEEEE FUCKING MODS STOP BANNING ME

Attached: 1542878856619.png (1920x1080, 2.15M)

Is Artic Fox linux specific or can you compile it for OpenBSD?

are you the Jow Forums ombudsman

I always felt the community for PPC felt more alive than XP and 9x. Maybe just because the latter two don't really have any concentrated gathering places and huge encompassing archives like 68k/PPC Macs seem to have.

I think you're thinking of the scat fetishist faggot that obsesses over threads like these for some reason, sometimes the mods will just delete the entire thread instead of the individual posts.

Based mods. Manchildren fruit fags on suicide watch.