Windows 10

Hello Jow Forums.

Can you install the license of Windows 10 onto a new computer IF your Windows 10 was updated from Windows 7 back in the day for no charge? Does anyone have experiences?

Sorry about the dumb question. My first time building a new PC by myself and it was a massive oversight not to think about the OS as I was ordering the parts.

Attached: virtual costanza.jpg (309x249, 19K)

Did you fucking google it you overdeveloped cum fart?

I did. The sources I found were a bit inconsistent or oddly phrased about it. My apologies for my helplessness, english isn´t my first language and I was hoping someone would just state simply "yes" or "no", lol

No. Licenses for Windows are bound to the motherboard they were activated on. If you want to install an activated copy of Windows on a computer you've just built, my advice is to just buy a grey market key off of ebay.

Ahh shit, I was afraid it would come down to this... Thank you for your straight forward reply, man

No. But you can install Windows 7, activate it with KMS, then upgrade to 10.

And dumb question: what is KMS?

A tool for activating Microsoft software without a product key. You just download KMSpico from mydigitallife.net forums.

Sounds like a good strat to try! Thank you kindly, user

Attached: Y e s.jpg (515x476, 120K)

Are you all stupid or what?
Do you have a 7 pro key? Use that to activate 10!

This does not matter, because you should be stealing For Workstations.

I don´t, unfortunately :/ My Windows 7 came on a disk ages ago for the old PC, and my new computer doesn´t have a disk drive to install with that. And I´m missing the key, no idea where it could be since I haven´t installed Windows 7 anywhere in ages. Doesn´t seem to be on the container for the disk either..?

Buying those keys is worse than pirating. Don't pay thieves. Go legal or do it yourself.

Is the accessibility trick still working? If not, the time of regular free upgrades has long ended.

That's too bad for you, the key was on the old casing.
Your best chance is to install a cracked win7, do the free upgrade to 10 and activate it.

I don't know, I used that only one time until I figured out I could use my hell bunch of 7 keys to activate (and even upgrade from 10 home)

I don't think you can move it period.
Even changing your hardware might invalidate it.
It's not really bound to the motherboard but windows will most likely shit it's pants if you change it.

You can just upgrade with the media creation tool. If 7 is activated 10 will be activated.

Install Arch or Gentoo.

katcr.co

download a preactivated win 10, or dl KMS.

Jesus fuck its not hard to be a pirate.why is this thread filled with absolute retards?

Install any version of 10 you want, use the enterprise upgrade key, reboot, then activator batch file and you'll never need to worry about it. Oh yeah and with enterprise you can disable most of the botnet. Use local account only.

>older Windows versions
>install, enter your key, activate
>newer Windows versions
>OH NO THIS INSTALLATION IS NOT VALID BECAUSE YOU'VE CHANGED TOO MUCH OF YOUR HARDWARE AT ONCE, PLEASE CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE
And this is supposedly an upgrade and the future.

On the past, you didn't even get installation media with your computer. Now it's offered as a download for anyone. I remember my brother needing to phone TinyFlaccid is to get XP activated on a different motherboard. Things are much better now, not needing to deal with shady ISOs and manually entered keys.

accidentally words. I keep getting headaches when I bend over with ear dildos in so I'll need to change my procedures.

Attached: ur_pp.jpg (300x300, 7K)

Some guy went to jail for providing recovery cds to people who didn't get any with their pcs. He charged like $0.10. All because he enabled people to reinstall instead of buying a new pc. He wasn't selling licenses or anything, just manufacturer recovery cds. Basically like the installation usb you can download from ms for free. Fuck Microsoft

That's why you charge $50 to reinstall for them.

I'm going through all this now too. I just said fukkit, I'm a pro, I have important work to do, pay them the money. But pls note, I don't love win10, I really wish I knew a linux/gnu good enough to do all my coding, web dev, ide, and adobe stuff on.

The box I'm getting ready to go live as my main gun just might run w7

Attached: 1559729130993(3).png (373x369, 222K)