/hpg/ - Headphone General

What audiopedophile memes have you fallen for this week, Jow Forums?

post requests in this format if you want useful recommendations
>budget
>location
>open/closed
>past headphones
>sound preferences
>intended use

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1565484278861.jpg (2448x3500, 2.31M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lf_bCwaKvsU
youtube.com/watch?v=6WfpDgYP2Pg
youtube.com/watch?v=2YcJ8Wightw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

favourite shade of green?

Attached: dac1421_front_1200.jpg (1200x402, 41K)

Why is OP a shotafaggot pedo?

>budget
$210
>location
USA
>open/closed
Closed
>past headphones
n/a
>sound preferences
decent with ctive noise cancelling
>intended use
Block out insufferable coworkers

Attached: A399A874-0030-4488-B532-24717528B09E.jpg (399x399, 32K)

What's the comifest closed backs I can get for $50ish? I love my SPH9500s but apparently need to go outside

>budget
$50
>location
Mexico
>Open/Closed
Closed
>Past headphones
Chinese cheap headphones and a pair of Lenovo Ys. I'm more used to IEMs
>Sound preferences
Slight V
>Intended use
Gaming and listening to music, mostly electronic, classical and anime music

god i just want to break my snapheisers so bad so i can get these

Attached: elex.jpg (820x547, 39K)

OP is probably that young, so it's not exactly pedo.

Is there a better ear dildo for the price?

Attached: lTcB5XhySU6zN3sWC0ZO_PC3.png.jpg (500x500, 18K)

at least shop a pair of headphones and a sweater for the poor boy.

I bought a Clear once and it got a crackling driver in it's first month of use, I send it back and bought the Koss ESP-950 instead. Does that happen often with Focal? Is the Elex safe from those issues? I kinda want to buy one again.

no that never happened

Designated SUMMIT Fi post

Attached: 250A6696-C04F-40A3-8314-44BFD1B2FD25.jpg (3955x2789, 1.76M)

nice my new he560s rattle on the left when listening to bass heavy music.

last time I buy chifi I should have listened. it sucks they sound amazing outside of the awful QC

So the Elex is safe?

i want to fuck this boy

Reposting:

>budget
200-300 euros
>location
France
>open/closed
in-ear, good isolation
>past headphones
E10C, ATH-M50, Fidelio X2
>sound preferences
balanced, don't need a lot of basses
>intended use
music listening, CSGO (I know an on-ear headset is probably better for games but I like on-ear anymore), always in a relatively quiet environment but I still want to be isolated from any possible noise.

Will be connected to a Fiio e10k, sometimes on a phone, I will also hit the gym with the headphones on, nothing insane but some sturdiness is always welcomed. So far I was using an E10C and was satisfied with audio quality, but one of the earpieces stopped working and I'm looking to go up in quality.

Attached: zizek-ideology.jpg (900x830, 254K)

>I still want to be isolated from any possible noise

Cans I've used seem to "catch" low frequencies instead of block them. Only IEMs have worked for me.

What's with the rampant pedophilia on Jow Forums?
>anime image board
Not my question faggit

Why does shota disgust me less than loli?

>What's with the rampant pedophilia
how new to Jow Forums are you

Best DAP for ~200 bucks or less?
Looking at Hiby R3, Hidizs AP80, Fiio m6, Sony NW-A45/55, some others.
Prefer something with nonshit UI which will hold up over time (probably the sony?). The Hiby looks p slick tho

Did it fill with wax? Does it not have filters like expensive ones?

Is it ok to listen to Tokio Hotel while fucking or should I stick with Weird Al?

Looking good, thanks

>HiFiMan actually makes an excellent sounding headphone with a reasonable pricing

Who would have thought?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 139K)

Go back

>budget
$100 aussie dollars max
>location
>open/closed
what?
>past headphones
turtle beach, terrible quality. Never again
microsoft lifechat, better quality but broke after 1 year because the cord got pulled on too hard??? Also has usb instead of a jack. I want a jack this time.
>sound preferences
????
>intended use
General use with internet medias and occasional voice chat

Are there any IEM's that can compete with my MDR-V6's?

>budget
>open/closed
No preference
>past headphones
MDR-V6, Sennheiser Momentum, Senn HD600
>sound preferences
Emphasis on clarity
>intended use
Monitoring away from home

A pair of HD 206's would outperform what you've used in the past

What music do you listen to?

are pc soundcards a meme?

I don't have enough money for external DAC (yet) and used soundcards are dirt cheap. Do they sound better than onboard audio?

ety mk5

>Do they sound better than onboard audio?
Prob not.
You might have a mobo that powers headphones up to 600 ohms so sound levels are very unlikely to be a problem.
Main reason for external anything is having a physical volume controller.

Are these better than Tin T2's?

My cheap card seems to sound better, but it could be just equalizer presets. It's from my previous PC and I don't remember what necessitated it.

crank the gain

Attached: 1562641875459.gif (255x231, 112K)

If, like everyone says, they're identical to Ety-Kids, just without the added resistors and filter included, they start cracking after a few months of heavy use.

>OP is probably that young
then?

OP is underage.

Are you talking about the ety's or tins?

You need to be a grown up to appreciate MiA tho.

Etymotic mk5. Their cheapest metal is ER2XR

I want to nurture and protect this boy
pederasty was always more socially accepted as boys won't get pregnant.

What kinds of headphones make jarpigs sound best?

Attached: 1477765505820.webm (1280x720, 2.25M)

Can we report all offtopic shota-related content including OP's image?

Sure, just don't announce it.

no, they'll ddos you if you do this

fav tunes to enjoy while doing web design?

youtube.com/watch?v=lf_bCwaKvsU

I don't want your kind mucking up the algorithm for me.

my modd-

>barrista: how do you like your tea/coffee
>customer: American.. with a shot of insulin

for IMMERSION

just got a pair of tin hifi p1 and a chord mojo listening to the moody blues. days of future past. rather arousing.

you will break them, and you will not regret it.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy

Attached: 20190907_150857.jpg (4032x3024, 2.94M)

Nigga you hella gay

you have severe insecurity issues if you think that's 'hella gay'

Attached: 5TGeXw.png (150x202, 30K)

how old you are? i bet you gonna listen to some dubspoop and hipnigga shit i bet

>denon
that's the stuff my 60 year old dad buys

I'm boomer age myself and wouldn't use DENON

stax

I'm 24 and I like to listen to all kinds of stuff.
Gave it a spin with maximum the hormone, imaginary flying machines, Ghibli unplugged, but also some Noisia and Goreshit.
Got to say, I'm not too impressed with electronic music so far. I feel like they are much better with instrument heavy music.
Going with some Julia boutros right now and it's quite nice, fun.

It seems they've discontinued the infamous $500 ethernet cable?

Name one thing Denon is selling that they are actually bad in. Apart from their old ahd 600 lineup, which was just garbage by any means.

>Noisia
Weak shit. Listen to some current value and domronalds, fag. Also get your taste on variety stuff not just hardsht, like ambient and downtempo, experimental idm. And goreshit is ok, but if you listen to others like lolishit then it's-

Ghibli unplugged is hardly hardshit, but I know what you're talking about. I do listen to liquid dnb a lot, but I overall I enjoy music that pumps me up more than music that relaxes. Give recommendations and I'll give it a try.

Do you even listen to nip artists faggot
>Give recommendations and I'll give it a try
Search for them by yourself faggot. Get fucked

Every single one of their AVR and AVP which are a significant part of their business.

That just isn't true though. They tend to be on the pricey side, but they certainly aren't bad.
Rude.
I do listen to nip artists although it's mostly osts and stuff from Joe hisaishi. Back in the days I enjoyed ZUN and o life japan, today I mostly enjoy their jazz like Goldfish

I won't recommend you shit since you bought a shitty pair of headphones. So you take your own advice and get a better headphones. Example, start with open backs

But I have other headphones. Namely a DT 880, a T1, some tf10 and ue900s.
Always enjoyed my CAL!s and so I decided to upgrade them. What headphones would you recommend? Hd6xx I'm guessing?

You can get 6xx or ath openbacks or even x2 since it's inexpensive. Just start with ATH AD700X and fidelio x2 since you can buy them under 100 bucks then you will be more hooked to open backs

Is this the end, /hpg/?

Attached: 23495872349572.jpg (4032x2520, 3.08M)

There is no end, because the high you get from buying shit is very fleeting. Try actually doing stuff. It's far more fulfilling.

>budget
less than $600
>location
Canada
>open/closed
closed
>past headphones
irrelevant
>sound preferences
good sounding with isolation as a priority
>intended use
electronic drums only

I could get the Sennheiser HD 280 Pro for ~$100 and be done with it but I could probably do better. I've been looking at the Beyerdynamic DT 770 M as well but heard that the sound is not great. The most expensive headphones I am considering are the Denon AHD7200, which look amazing, but would need to come down a few hundred in price.

Any other recommendations? They need to be closed with good isolation so I don't hear myself hitting drum pads and they need to sound half decent. I will be listening to uncompressed drum samples, after all.

Attached: thumb.jpg (600x600, 94K)

thank you based tsukushi

I just bought the L300 that this board constantly shill non-stop but I'm not liking them... it's very bright, bass is close to non-existent and comfort is pretty poor too. To be honest this don't feel like an upgrade over my previous daily driver, the HE-500... Thank God I still kept them.

I'll probably sell off the STAX soon but what headphone should I try next? Are the newer HFM stuff good, like said?

Old and busted.

Attached: KXXS.jpg (500x500, 29K)

tell me this user, just what’re you listening to?

Attached: 5DA71B89-2B61-4B7C-8D25-6320897D3405.jpg (1916x2250, 1.24M)

£120 tops
Britain
Closed/In-ear
M50, M50x, SR-80
Don't mind
Noise cancelling

In ear any good? I have noisy neighbours, I just want to not hear them play nigger music while I work until I move.

These folks don't use their headphones to listen to music. They use music to listen to their headphones.

youtube.com/watch?v=6WfpDgYP2Pg

Toberu mono by Nobuo Uematsu.
well did you get the 1k Energizer needed to drive them?

I bought the combo package, the L300 and SRM-252S. Is the amp not good enough?

well it should be enough. Guess you just fell for the meme, can't say anything about Stax all I know is that even back when I was relatively active in the "community" Stax was known for their shit comfort.
Hope you can get rid of them for about what you paid for them and find something more up your alley

I want to nakadashi him

I want him to be left alone. Away from sickos and degenerates.

You just fell for the meme, dude. The Lambdas have always sounded bright.

I'm planning on getting the Audio-Technica m50xBT, any competitive recommendations?

youtube.com/watch?v=2YcJ8Wightw

The last headphones I had were the Somic MH489 (pic related). I exclusively used them for casual music listening. Having no knowledge of audio, they sounded *fine* to me, and I mainly just liked how comfortable they were. Any recommendations for something similar in $80-$200 range?

Attached: somicheadphones.jpg (355x275, 11K)

58x from massdrop if ur american
Or shp9500 as cheap alternative

this but 58x even if not american. both only ship from america.

This is seriously impressive.

The distortion only seemed to be temporary there's ZERO now. I got high on weed and listened to these. It's like a zero distortion sound fabric angled to your ears at least that's what comparison I came up with when I was high.

I have them equalized to the Usound target.

Probably going to buy the iSine 10s because of the lower impedance.

Attached: isine_20.jpg (970x600, 121K)

>budget
Like 200 but could go higher if necessary
>location
Europe
>open/closed
I guess open?
>past headphones
superlux hd681evo
>sound preferences
Balanced and detailed
>intended use
Basically I realized that I could hear a lot more details on my tin t2 than on my headphones which sounds strange to me but maybe that's to be expected because iem are closer to the ear or something? Basically I want to fix that and get headphones that let me hear more clearly all the little sounds that cheap headphones kind of miss. I guess what I want is analytic listening. I was considering the dt990 but now I'm doubting it will make such a big difference from the superlux and thinking maybe I should get closed headphones or buy something higher end to achieve that?

tl;dr I feel my IEMs are better than my headphones and I'm not ok with that

HD 58X but you'll need to pay import fees. HD 599 should be decent and available locally. Both will sound much better, especially after EQ. If you are able to have EQ always enabled you can go with DT880 or DT770 too - they sound good but they have way too much treble by non-EQ'd.

And yes, an upgrade should get you more clarity, at least comparable to T2

Attached: 20190907_111241.jpg (2016x1512, 777K)

why tf is shotaposter here now

denon is good
also wtf if your dad is 60 then youre a millenial