AMD WHERE THE FUCK IS MY 3950X ITS FUCKING SEPTEMBER

AMD WHERE THE FUCK IS MY 3950X ITS FUCKING SEPTEMBER
this cpu is the last part i need to finish my new build
liquid cooled microatx workstation + light gaming rig with large hotswappable RAID drives
im just one fucking part short of finally upgrading from my fucking antique i7 3770(non-k)
my money is sitting right here burning for you AMD
NOW WHERE THE FUCK IS IT
GIVE ME A LAUNCH DATE YOU STREET-SHITTING ASSHOLES

Attached: GIMMEGIMMERYZENTENDIES.jpg (216x233, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818
youtu.be/xbyWKufthS4?t=645
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Be ready. When they go on sale they're gonna go fast. I just upgraded from a 3770 too. I'm on a budget so I went with a 3700X. 3 NVMe's. 32GB of DDR3200. I'm into vm's. I got 3 OS's on bare metal and another 11 in Virtualbox and Hyper-V. The day after I bought my 3700X they were out of stock except for resellers who wanted anywhere from $369 to $420! Motherfuckers. I know at least 3 other people that are waiting like you. There's others online waitin' too. I been waiting ever since they announced Zen 2. Fukken agony. Worth the wait though. It's working fine except for the boost clock, which really isn't needed for vm's. Good luck with your new rig.

>liquid cooled microatx workstation
> + light gaming rig with large hotswappable RAID drives
>i7 3770(non-k)
cope, you fucking nerd

Attached: 1545263471807.jpg (500x552, 76K)

I'm also waiting.
Even 3900X in Germany is bloody 800€.
That's bullshit.
I'm already paying 800€ for a motherboard.

get an athlon 200ge retard lololo

I would Love to use AMD but there is always something they fuck up at, It has unironicallly become AyyyMD

what "workstation" applications are you using where you actually need all those cores/threads
if they're VMs then explain each VM you're running
for research reasons

just get a 3700x, you dont need that many cores

>microatx
which mobo?

Get a Threadripper you shitposting faggot

obligatory something something compiling

i play around a lot with 3d modeling, audio production, video rendering, general content creation type stuff at a hobbyist level

more cores help with game streaming

content creation earns probably about 1/6 of what i get at my not particularly well-paying job, but still enough on its own to justify the expense of the new machine over time

vms are a bit of it too
i have a cool setup that i worked on, but my current machine cant do much with it

running a minimal custom linux hypervisor to isolate and control the behavior of systems i dont trust (ie windows), and thats one core right there
any system that i will be using as an actual user operating system will need at least two cores
i also have a file server system running, which eats another core
unless i want to subject myself to numa fuckery and split up the threads as separate cpus, that's it for my current cpu

its neat when i dont actually need to do anything too intensive with my computer, but a vm with two cores four threads tends to limit what you can do

but even with that, 16 cores with hyperthreading is still completely excessive, as says, but i suspect that it wont be in the future
im the kind of person who will use something until i literally cant any more, so im hoping i can get at least 7 years out of this system, preferably a whole decade, assuming periodic gpu upgrades

im not really getting it for the things i do now, but for the things i may do in the future

basically, im getting the thing so that i have things to do and skills to learn while i wait for my body to eventually die

isnt that what we all do?

the asrock that is literally the only x570 micro that exists right now sadly

ryzen 3000 series is a good balance between single thread and multithread performance
threadripper sacrifices too much single thread for too little benefit for my particular uses
maybe the next gen will be better about that

>liquid cooled
oh no no no no

thats what I figured, I think b550 will be the chipset with new microatx boards

i really hope its a decent enough board
the case i got is going to be really fucking tight
if anything goes wrong with a part, i dont know if i will even be able to get everything back out of the system again

>still no b550 mobos or any info on them
>so many backwards compatibility issues with using 400 and 300 series chipsets
>multiple games being actually unplayable
>dishonest marketing of overclock ability (5 ghz debacle)
>majority of cpus not hitting advertised boost clocks

I like to root for the underdog, but this launch has had too many issues desu.
Don't get me wrong, I am glad that AMD is bringing serious competition to the market, because I was able to get a 9700k for 300$.
I am not concern trolling, but I was genuinely interested in building a Zen 2 PC. I decided to avoid potential hassles.

>so many backwards compatibility issues with using 400 and 300 series chipsets
MSI != AMD
>dishonest marketing of overclock ability (5 ghz debacle)
they literally never said 5ghz Jim, keep seething
>majority of cpus not hitting advertised boost clocks
already released bios update
but stay mad

Don't get too excited anyway, given 3900X availability, 3950X may very well be a paper launch for couple months.

The 3900X is probably only so rare because they're harvesting all the good dies for the 3950X. Most 3900Xs have one good CCD and one bad CCD to begin with, so the binning process must be hellish to find ones that'll hit the speeds they promised.

Attached: incel-npc.png (807x745, 173K)

seeing the 3800x availability and the 3950x has 2 of those chiplets, this

Theres no matx board that can handle the 3950x. Guarantee itll draw up to 200A

As long as an matx board exists with X570 it’ll handle a 3950X as X570 as a platform was built with the expectation of a 16 core

There are X570 with trash VRMs. Don't assume they're gonna be great just because they're X570.

Even the trash ones will handle the 16 core, X570 boards have to be made to support it at stock at the minimum
Traditional all core OCing is a different story but for normal use it’s best to let XFR/PBO do it’s job and it’ll have to be seen how it acts even on a bad board (which only select MSI boards seem to be truly garbo)

>3950x + x570
>wanting to burn your house down
Just get a 9900KYS if you want to die by fire that badly.
I hope this GlobalFoundries/TSMC legal battle ends up with one pulling way ahead of the other. I'm tired of MOAR CORES/MOAR BOOSTCLOCK autism turning computers into ovens.
>4770 tops out at 108W, 60c
No reason to upgrade. Won't upgrade until they get their shit together.

Attached: Quad-Core-cpu-properly.jpg (332x325, 32K)

its a good point, and one i definitely considered
unfortunately all the other brands are slacking off on the matx side, going for either atx or mitx boards instead
i would have happily dropped the extra $150 on a good ROG board if one existed for this chipset and form factor, but it seems companies arent willing to invest that much in amd yet given their track record, which is a fair position

the board seems to be working fine for people with the 3900x though, and i dont think the 3950x will be too much more demanding in power or cooling
it still is using the same two chiplet design
if there are issues, i could (probably) take the least efficient cores and underclock/undervolt them and assign them specifically to my less compute-dependent virtual machines

as far as the reviews i have read go, they seem par for the course
the general consensus being "its a decent motherboard but dont expect to get too crazy," with the occasional DOA as to be expected and the odd brainlet here and there who shouldnt step within 10 feet of computer build

granted, im not expecting to be able to do any overclocking with it
hell, with the recent news i wasnt even expecting to get close to the advertised boost clock
i know this going in
the case im using is so tightly packed in, i doubt i have enough air flow to support the kind of clocks it would take to stress the board
i actually had to use liquid cooling because, with the hot swap drive bays installed, i doubt this case even has enough room to fit the stock cpu cooler

worst case scenario, i have to send some shit back

if a quad core were enough for what i do i wouldnt be wasting the money to upgrade, but once you consider virtualization it makes more sense to get something like this
i know x570 can run pretty hot, but the board has dedicated cooling for the chipset so im not too worried
as for the cpu, i can disable boost entirely if need be

And given how they were overly optimistic about the mid-range chips' clocks, they may be having binning problems with actually finding dies that can achieve boosts they promised for 3950X

least you can backward compatibility if this was intel you wouldnt have the option

Gonna put one in my a350 just to piss you guys off

>I'm already paying 800€ for a motherboard.

What the fuck are you doing?

And the 3900X is ~530€, unless you're overpaying because you can't wait for the next batch.

Attached: full retard.jpg (560x463, 44K)

>Even the trash ones will handle the 16 core, X570 boards have to be made to support it at stock at the minimum
That's just not true and there's evidence of that in past AMD products. Not all 990FX chipset boards had the guts to support FX-9000 series. Actually, I believe most didn't.

Aorus Xtreme (the only Mobo without the fan) is ~800€
>3900X
Of course I'm waiting.
I'm not going to pay German Jews a 400€ tip on a 500€ CPU.

At least Red devil 5700XT is cheap and available here.

buy a decent x470 instead

>i know x570 can run pretty hot, but the board has dedicated cooling for the chipset so im not too worried
That's exactly why you should worry. Those baby fans rarely hold up. I've had them die within 2 months just from playing games on it.

hardware unboxed did a vrm test with the x570m and it handled the 3900x okay, should be doable with the 3950x if you have case airflow

Past actions are not exactly evidence for what is going on now

Don't know about that... AMD marketing is as bad as it was back then, wouldn't be surprised if some other things haven't changed.

990FX predates FX 9000 by a few years, it was probably never on the table that 220w CPUs would come out when the 990FX platform was being released
X570 and Ryzen 3000 was developed at the same time and the 3950X was basically announced at the same time as other CPUs
they where fully aware 16 cores where going to be on X570 as evidenced by the near universal VRM upgrades they had motherboard vendors implement

There's only one mATX x570, the ASrock one, and Buildzoid said the VRM would cook itself under 120A

At stock a 3850X wouldn't necessarily pull no more than 120A
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

It will survive but overclocking could be an issue, this is without case airflow though
youtu.be/xbyWKufthS4?t=645

if it fails, i will just get it refunded
the board is advertised to work with all of this generation of cpus, and im not doing any overclocking or anything
hopefully, if such a thing does happen, it will be far enough in the future that i have alternatives to replace it with

airflow is a bit of an issue i think with the silverstone cs381

air intake is going to be mostly blocked off by my gpu, although it and the chipset should be getting more than adequate cooling
the power supply can intake from below the case and exhaust out the back, so it shouldnt hurt anything

to get better cooling in the core section of the case, I may have to mod the other side panel of the case to connect more intake fans
not a tough job, and i knew what i was getting into

hmm, maybe i can pick up one of those wacky RAM cooler fans from a few years back and find a way to mount it over the vrm
it wont do anything for my intake issue, but it could at least help me direct what airflow i do currently have

>AMD
>2019

ISHYGDDT

September 23rd/24th. You're welcome.

Der8auer is now dercuck because he said something bad against amd