/spg/ - Smartphone General

OnePlus 7T Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com
phonedb.net

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/5QCem1YH

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: oneplus-7t-leak-2-1500x1500.jpg (1500x1500, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/search?utf8=✓&q=moto g3
browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/search?utf8=✓&q=iphone se
github.com/Saki-EU/XiaomiADBFastbootTools/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>90hz and multi camera setup on the OnePlus 7T
>still didn't bother to give it a pop up camera, eliminating the notch
I suppose if they did that no one would buy the 7T Pro.

I'm just hoping the regular 7 Pro drops in price enough that I can afford it.

It'll drop.

>just got my new phone
>it needs a nano sim and I have a micro
fuck

Just cut it yourself, it's easy as piss.

Apparently you also have to file it down to be slimmer, and you have to cut part of the chip. I'll wait a couple days for my new sim instead, I don't want to risk being without a phone for a few days.

God that circular camera array is ass. I hope they don't tack it on the 7T Pro because that would immediately eliminate it from my shortlist of phones I might upgrade unto.

>my zenfone 6 finally shows up (8GB / 256GB)
>everything on it is perfect
>no random rebooting
>no flimsy camera wobbling
>battery lasts for 10 years
>i can play dolphin games at 30fps easily
h e a v n

I'm still using my Redmi Note 3.
I installed resurrection remix recently and it breathed new life into it.

I snipped mine with scissors, didn't use a file or had any finesse at all.

Who gives a shit what the back looks like
and if we're talking appearances it's infinitely better than the one on the Pixel 4. And yes both 7T phones will have the same rear design so kys

Can I import the m30s when it comes out? I want that sweet 15 hour SoT

whats the bare minimum chinkshit phone just for calling/calling i can get without it being unusable or full of bloat, i had a mobiwire tthat was alright except for having most of its memory taken up by android/chrome

Redmi Note 7

uncomfortable fact:
notch > pop up selfie camera

How do I backup game saves that dont have cloud support on two non rooted phones? Will copying the files over work? Or just sometimes?

>Literally buying chinkshit spyware infested phones

I sure hope the shills didn't get to you.
>j j just flash a custom ROM!!!!

Attached: Mr0mt3M.png (1076x1095, 239K)

will I regret buying the one plus 7 instead of waiting for the 7t?

>he doesn't constantly tell his phone how great china is and how hong kong is shit
it's like you don't even want to impress your future overlords

I would buy the next iphone if it had a sd card slot.

>iPhone 11 in literal days
Time to set some industry standards yet again

Will the standard setting new iphone cause chinkphone prices to drop?

sub 150€ phone with lineage support?

Note 9 on the way in the post, did I do good?

Yeah it's a good phone. Enjoy it.

Depends who made it

Any feedback on the redmi note 7 64/4?
I am using a redmi note 4 but back when I bought it I only got the 16/3 version and I no longer have space for apps and stuff. I am quite happy with xiaomi's price and quality for now but am not sure if I have just been lucky with this one purchase. So.. Thoughts?

Attached: 1555227622454.jpg (369x387, 35K)

I used an RN4X for 2 years and opted not to "upgrade" to the RN7. There are no good custom ROMs yet, and MIUI has gotten worse with ads in every corner of the OS. Not to mention notifications still suck ass. I got an A50 to replace for $225 and it's better in every way. If you hate samshit there are other options like Nokia 6.2, or Mi A3 (if you can live with 720p).

Moto G3 came out in 2015, and iPhone SE came out in 2016. And the SoC in the iPhone SE came out in late 2015, after the Moto G3, in the iPhone 6S. And of course the iPhone SE is flagship-tier; the Moto G3 is budget-tier.

Moto G3 on Geekbench 4:
>Single core: ~550
>Multi core: ~1420
browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/search?utf8=✓&q=moto g3

iPhone SE on Geekbench 4:
>Single core: ~2550
>Multi core: ~4500
browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/search?utf8=✓&q=iphone se

So the iPhone is nearly 5x as powerful on single core, and over 3x as powerful on multi core. And the iPhone has a flagship-quality camera. The Moto G3 doesn't.

If you want an Android phone there are much better options than a budget phone from years ago. Also I'm pretty sure the Moto G3 doesn't have a removable battery? I had the Moto G first gen, and the battery wasn't removable (removable back, but not removable battery).

However I don't think you will get ANY phone for less than $100 that is more powerful than that iPhone SE. Or will have as good a camera. So if I were you I would definitely stick with the iPhone. Unless you really want Android, in which case spend a little more than $100. And even then you will have to spend a bit to get a phone that is actually better than the iPhone. Why not just stick with it? It's a great phone.

Still no good roms? Shite. Miui is absolutely horrible. I guess I'll keep looking around then.

Attached: 50lxqdym67131.jpg (758x767, 47K)

There's no real reason to get an upgrade from the OnePlus 6T yet, is there?

What are the best foss alternatives to Facebook and instagram? Been using Frost for Facebook but whatever it does to collect info from Facebook makes it think there's a phishing attack and forces account reset.

You can get a chinese stamping machine to cut it out.

>current phone restarts when using high power consuming apps
>don't crap itself when being charged
So what would be the best course: repair or replace?

Also is Nokia 7.2 ok or just wait for Nokia 8.2?

None, because the problem mostly is that the people you want to talk to are NOT on anything but facebook/instagram. Use email I guess?

For twitter, pleroma/mastodon are pretty viable because of the usual read-only access and easy registration drawing people in.

Industry standard in ugliness

>Literally buying chinkshit spyware infested phones
A lot less bad than Google, facebook and so on. Because what are the Chinese going to do with your information? They won't be able to fuck you on your real estate purchase research or what restaurant you pick or anything more sophisticated.

7.2 will be good enough for most people

Frost is an open source app that connects to Facebook dude, I'm not looking to make the world move to an entirely new social media platform

Yes, correct. No one thinks the notch looks good

Thinking about buying samsung Axx or Mxx series and wanted to hear some opinions. Main concern is the build quality and 6.3+ display. Picking between A40s or M30s.

The rear camera layout is pretty jarring too

Build quality is nice. Get the M30s. It's got a solid processor, same as the A50 I think, and of course the 6000mah battery. The body is plastic so it's good, just slap on a Ringke case and you're good to go. Those are probably the best rugged cases you can buy for these phones.

Yet

I sport a 3T since a few years now, and it works absolutely seamlessly. I don't see why you would upgrade a 6T if you are not a developer or need the absolute top phone at all times for some other good reason.

AAAAAAAAH WHY IS IT PAJEET EXCLUSIVE WHY WHY WHY WHY REEEEEEEE

what app is he using?

Not entirely smartphone related, but is there any reason to upgrade my Huawei Watch 2? It still works fine and although a bit slow gets the job done.

you
he kind of right but also wrong. i upgraded from a 4x and its decent overall camera is great, day to day use is smooth opening apps playing games the usual. as for the custom ROMs hes right theres only 3 official builds i believe as for the ads on miui they can be completely disabled all Ez Pz like by downloading an app from xiaomi and ticking a few boxes. all that being said ID wait ID i was you lots of good new phones right around the corner

>Ads disabled by downloading an app from Xiaomi
What the fuck are you on about? What even is that? The Ads can be disabled on app-to-app basis from each app's settings.

Finally ready to move from a 6s+ given to me as a gift what's the best phone I can get that I can put lineage OS on and shit on over priced flagships in terms of performance?

Still chink manufacturers will follow suit

Pixel 3a xl

Is the s9 worth it over the redmi note 7 given it's an year+ old phone?

You're better off looking at their website instead. It's not like that many devices are supported.

The RN7 uses a sd 660, so it's not as new as you think.

Depends on if there is a big bump in camera quality

What's a good phone for under $200 on Mint (Tmobile)?

It's really the best non chink budget phone I've seen in years. Wonder why Sammy didn't go for a global release.

Absolutely not
S9 SoT is dogshit

redmi note 7
i get lte 99% of the time in the city and H+ when camping

Is it okay to buy a K5 pro from ebay or aliexpress?

No. System wide ads can't be disabled unless you onstallcanother ROM. The Mi Ad services spyware cannot be disabled from within apps.

github.com/Saki-EU/XiaomiADBFastbootTools/releases

eere ya go m8, its a debloat tooli used when i had miui. i disabled notifications and ads Juan by Juan but still got em. used this tool to remove all stock xiaomi apps and it stopped ads i was seeing. idk maybe i messed with the notifications wrong.

Attached: example.jpg (561x612, 36K)

what's /g general thought on xioami?

user above asked about s9 vs rn7. What about m30 vs rn7?

Would the Nokia 7.2 be compatible with Verizon? On GSMArena it's listed as having band 13 but I'm not sure if that information is correct or not

Thinking about getting the OnePlus 7 Pro... Does anyone know if it will work with Total Wireless (a Verizon MVNO)

I did some research and it seems you need the carrier to activate a CDMA-less account for the phone to work. Anyone have experience with that?

Why does Jow Forums hate Samsung phones? Is it because they're for normie android users? Or because they're the "iphones" of android?

Samsung's budget line is getting really good now.

Would not recommend buying Nokia.
t. Nokia owner

Does the larger screen and battery of the 3a XL make it worth it over the 3a?

S9 owner here. Fuck Samsung, they keep pushing their shitty Exynos SOCs on their flagships

>worse performance then equivalent SD
>worse thermals
>worse battery life
>even fucks up the camera quality (see anandtech review on S10)

Hell yeah. Pixels have shit battery anyway, the 3a xl is the only decent phone they have, battery life wise.

>normie

k20 pro sucks ;(

Oh okay, thanks user!

>tfw got scammed by getting the Note 7
learn from me bros

The Xiaomi? or Samsung? Cause i literally just ordered that one from Amazon

a verizon branded LG V20 that I tried to use couldn't make or receive calls and SMS wouldnt work indoors, which is why i needed to replace it, and it has the same t-mobile band support as the note 7 except that LG didn't support VoLTE, I'm guessing that's the culprit? I do want to get this phone I just want to make sure i don't run into the same problem again and I'm retard with this stuff

I'm memeing.

h'why

thank you, ive got this piece of shit phone from MetroPCS cause my other one broke in a complete accident, this one is the biggest piece of slow shit and ive needed a cheap but way better replacement.

>Just bought a note 9 for $370
What am I in for and did I get a good deal?

M30S if you can find it for a similar price. AMOLED screen and 6000mAh battery is awesome. OneUI is much better than MIUI.

why there isn't an official LOS build for the redmi note 7?

Ffs, new?
Its good deal anyway, enjoy it, absolutely best phone out there still.

Is showering with my Note9 safe? What precautions should I take?

Soapy water will penetrate it as well as that burly homobear you sleep with penetrates your ass.
I dunno how steam would affect it.

Thanks. I'll make sure to keep the temps down so that there will be less steam.

Used but no cracks, no dents, new condition. Used in a case it's whole time with the previous owner.

Looking for a nice Japoneese phone on Amazon.

>Umidigi F1
>Umidigi A5 Pro
>Umidigi Power

Which one of these is less of a scam? It's for my mum. She doesn't need anything crazy.

Awesome phone you won't regret it especially if the price drops when you buy it

do you use night light

Will the chipset (Exynos vs Snapdragon) difference be noticeable?

buy Asus ROG 2

How the fuck? 128gb or 512gb?

Does Xiaomi Note 7 play 4K videos? And I don't mean record 4K videos I've seen enough about it as is, I am interested in whether or not I can watch a 4K ass movie on that phone as it's deciding factor if I'll buy it.

Attached: f897093e-3076-4598-b192-514b47c40296.png (800x800, 456K)

Sure, im thinking to get it like that too, only things that im aware about is battery life and screen health, otherwise im okay with used.