Linux on Wii

I did it fags.

Attached: 8395b52f-79b8-418e-8424-9919014048fe.jpg (1280x722, 175K)

>sysvinit

>muh systemd
Cringe

Install Gentoo

Yeah but when you finally get to tty let us know how hopelessly outdated every package is.

do a switch faggot

hard mode: new firmware

>not using OpenRC
Double cringe

Nice I guess. What's the screen resolution ? Hopefully better than 640x480

This. Install Linux on a light switch

Nice job user don’t listen to the naysayers.

Do post more, I'm genuinely surprised you managed to do it.

can you run an X server?

Cool

since it's got the logo in the corner, it's definitely a graphical framebuffer mode it's in, not a true text mode, which means, memory-permitting, you can run X on it (the Wii has enough memory for X)

Nice, now install Gentoo.

Nice

show some other pics ffs

Now host another wii imageboard

It has a framebuffer driver, so you *can* run Xorg. But I haven't bothered, it would be too slow.

Someone get linux on an xbox one.

Not much to show, really. It's Debian running on a customized/patched kernel. I may use this as a server.

Attached: 2019-09-07-192341_1366x768_scrot.png (683x290, 30K)

Does openrc get shilled here because it has a BSD license?
I'm guessing that's the reason.

Attached: 1511648731732.jpg (979x1000, 163K)

wiis used powerpc cpus?

why no screenfetch
and lshw?

it's not systemd and it doesn't get in your way. i'm sure there are people here who like it because of the licence, though.

It's Debian Jessie, so not unusable. But I will install Adelie Linux later.

Just 640x480

There you go

Attached: 2019-09-07-193130_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 109K)

It has two CPUs, an ARM9 one that is used to control the hardware and a PowerPC G3 used by the apps.

Attached: 2019-09-07-193257_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 69K)

It was an overclocked Gamecube with more ram. Wii U was also PPC. Thats why backwards compatability for both Wii/GC works so well.

Based. I've always thought it would be cool to slap Linux on a console and use it as a work computer.

>not using runit
triple cringe

>not using busybox init
quadruple cringe

Now see how well it runs PCSX-R user

There are people here who shill anything and everything BSD. So much so, I suspect they may be paid by the enemies of the copyleft concept.
But then again, there's no global shortage of conspiracy theories, I suppose.

I thought people here shill it because it (was?) the default init system for Gentoo

>you now remember wiichan

>But then again, there's no global shortage of conspiracy theories, I suppose.
especially on Jow Forums lol

>t. seething kike

>19MB of ram
wew

shame it got shut down because people were posting cp

ackshually, it's 73MB of RAM. And if you use ZRAM with the Linux kernel, you can double or triple that, sacrificing a bit of speed

>Does openrc get shilled here because it has a BSD license?
Because it's not run by RedHat

i don't think Jow Forums cares enough about them. i don't at least. if people weren't retards kikes and their tricks wouldn't even be a problem.

Attached: 1522177246582.png (279x131, 8K)

I was referring to the amount used, retard

Cool.

>not using suckles sinit
quintuple cringe,

Took you long enough. I mean jeez there must be a billion tutorials online on how to do this by now, all you had to do is follow instructions. Thanks for shitting up Jow Forums with your periodic posts though, really good blog. Subscribed.

Now piss off.

>he says as he bumps the thread
common sense has escaped you.

Forgot to sage.

>not using Pentoo

How'd you do it? I tried this a couple of months ago and I fucked it up so I gave up.

I was going to tell you all the steps you had to do (that include editing the kernel with a hex editor), but the loser retards that police this place banned me for "racism" because I jokingly called a guy a kike. So I am not going to waste my time contributing anything of value to this shithole. You can thank them.

>punishing another user who enjoys your work because jannies are fags
Not that dude you responded to btw, but that's some serious butt hurt.

I'm not trying to punish any user for what the retards that run this place did. It's just that I will not bother to spend fifteen or twenty minutes of my life describing what I did over a mobile connection. I just won't bother anymore, I will not use this shithole for anything more than "peepee poopoo" threads now. This shithole does not deserve it.

Type it on pastebin or some shit and drop the link then.

Attached: 1564701646773.jpg (376x359, 23K)

Nice

>not using daemontools-encore

In other words you are talking shit and dont know