Become a minimalist

Attached: 9BB002B3-272A-4D4F-99C4-CF5B32CB211F.jpg (640x360, 19K)

no

why?

consumerism
>buy stuff to make you happy
minimalism
>buy experience to make you happy
building
>just make gaem

Attached: build-things.jpg (800x600, 148K)

becoma a maximalist

Attached: 1561405087001.jpg (1200x900, 301K)

There's an argument for this. The more stuff people have the less easy they are to satisfy. Possessions just become a distraction from working on oneself. This is why monks are normally told to give up all possessions to become fully realised. It's probably also why Jesus said it's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter Heaven.

Comfy

Based

Unironically though.
I spent three months throwing out or selling everything I didn't use often, from old technology to childhood items.
Also went through and filed all my important documents, bills/accounts etc, cleaned out all my computers hard drives. I just kept finding more stuff to do. Then fixed up my car and pushbike and did some handyman stuff around the house.

It was a spiritual experience. I feel much more mentally centered and able to make decisions about what I do and don't need. Its easier to get out of bed in the mornings and it helped my depression a lot.

it was the opposite for me, without all the clutter around me i realized just how worthless my life is and that i have nothing to live for

i did something similar when I moved out of my parents' house. I through away about half of what I owned. That was 15 years ago and I can't even remember what I threw away now.

I'm going to, really. I'm selling more and more stuff I don't really need and never regretted it.
Some wise man once said: "Life does not become much brighter, easier or more enjoyable just because you have 50 cool synths and piles of colorful shit. If you cross the line, it actually gets darker." And these are fucking words of wisdom. I definitely crossed the line.

I have too much old tech/components, can't be assed to sell them but I feel like it would be wasting money if I just discarded them so they pile up somewhere. How'd you guys get around it?

Attached: ikar.jpg (768x1024, 409K)

My wife has 'shiny new stuff' syndrome. Would just constantly buy new things she didn't need. She ended up spending a load of money and admitting she had a problem. She would buy clothes, wear them once and then throw them away.

I also know a woman at work who's addicted to buying shoes. She told me she has pairs she never wore and some of them are going moudly.

I personally only spend my money on food, drink and going out. I can't remember the last time I bought myself a present of any kind, but I don't feel the need to. It's all about habits one develops. Actually I did buy myself a 'present' in the form of a trip to Norway, I'm going in a few weeks.

ironic

Have neck problems.

Not technolo/g/y.
Jesus was a child molester.

Hi, Chaim.

This is the truth, it is what people fear. It forced me to keep busy. I'm off work at the moment, so my clutter free, neatly organized house is pretty boring. if I'm not doing something productive on the computer, I need to be out of the house. I go for bike rides often, work out, seek normies to hang out with.

This is an Anglo and broadly Western European board. Leave, Jew.

Jesus saved Jews, btw, nigger Jews, iirc.
So... You're worshiping Jew lover.
I bet Jesus started a tradition to cut children foreskin after he found it disgusting while molesting them.

I have minimalist tendencies but you can't really avoid clutter when you're into cycling. My whole place is pretty much a bed, a TV, a laptop, and a shitload of bikes and bike parts.

I currently watch anime in a window on my desktop computer, right next to VIM and Firefox. If I had a 2nd display for dedicated video output, I think my workflow and anime watching would improve.

Nice try, synagogue of Satan.

I like to buy myself presents, why not. I don't think it is something wrong with this. The problem is I was buying a lot of used things that were just cheap (and good). And I ended with many LCD monitors and every single one is different, with 9 lenses, 5 flashes, 15 flashlights and 5 laptops. Maybe not extremely a lot of things but I feel like I have become a hostage to all these things I bought only because the price was good. The only good thing is that a lot of this stuff keeps the price on the market and I'm won't lose money on selling. Maybe I will even sell some things for higher price than I bought.

You're autistic aren't you. Autistic people are drawn to torches (flashlights) for some reason. It fascinates them.

>t. jew bootlicker
Christianity is modern Jewish religion, to appeal westerners. Imagine falling for Jewish traps
Worshiping Jew savior, a literal Jew
And Satan is another Jew instrument

Nice try, Shlomo.

that isn't minimalist. If he was a real minimalist he would've eaten out of the pot and also wouldn't have used the wooden block to keep his utensils. The floor is enough.
God I hate pseudo-minimalists.

Maybe, I never tried to get a proper diagnosis. I like flashlights since I was a child and I don't think a good quality one is very different from a good wristwatch or knife or multitool. Just nice to have. But of course I don't need 15 flashlights. I'm going to keep maybe 5 of them.

Stay mad, cuck.

I already am, but not to an extreme degree. For example, I have a single TV, but made sure it's phenomenal quality. I also have a vehicle because I work 3rd shift, and walking or riding a bike for 10 miles through the bad parts of town is a bad idea, but I got a rebuilt Honda Fit (cheap and can double as a carpeted truck bed). I spent the extra $100 to get the Sport version for the premium sound system, as it only had 65k miles on it, it has 70k miles on it 2 years later, and I plan to use it until the wheels fall off. Worth the $100 investment.

>not just becoming a brain in a jar, placed on a single, white marble column in an empty white room, with a hidden minimal pump system inside the column supplying all the fluid required to keep your grey matter healthy and functioning.

As you now have no physical distractions, you have all the time in the world to achieve perfect bliss and harmony.

You interact with the world through a minimal and elegant terminal system (custom made by Apple of course) where you can share your thoughts and revalations about the elegance and beauty of the minimalist lifestyle with your occasional guest.

Simple. Elegant. Minimal.

Jesus the bastard was a slut's son as well.

You mean poor?

Cardboard boxes. Lots of cardboard boxes

This isn't minimalism. Minimalism is unpainted walls, rough floor, a mattress to sleep on, and a table, chair, and laptop for entertainment and or work.
Everything else is BLOAT

I literally give old stuff away. I'll wipe the drive if it's a person I trust, like a friend for years), or if I'm just giving it to the first person who comes knocking on craigslist, I'll just take the drive out, and tell them that it's free - they can spend a couple bucks on a new HDD. If they don't like it, they can return it for a complete refund.

>fuck yeah minimalism!

Attached: proud npc.png (843x500, 195K)

Minimalism isn't a sacrifice, dude. At its core, minimalism is the intentional promotion of the things we most value and the removal of everything that distracts us from it. As a result, it forces improvements in almost all aspects of your life. That's why the definition is different for everyone. For example, some people can live a minimalist life without pets, while others would literally be sacrificing their happiness not to have a dog or cat.

Being a tasteless pretentious poorfag =/= minimalism

>minimalism is the intentional promotion of the things we most value and the removal of everything that distracts us from it
so the only thing you value is your bed and laptop? that's sad dude

No. That's why I told this guy that he was wrong when he said "everything else is BLOAT."

>so the only thing you value is your bed and laptop? that's sad dude
lmao minimalists btfo; they'd hang themselves if they had not thrown away the rope

Minimalism I'm the sense of not taking and hiying more than you need.

Do not do minimalism in the sense of socratism nor nihilism.

anime posters and sailor moon body pillows aren't worth living for

yeah well, it's just like normies to take everything to the extreme, including a lifestyle specifically advocating not taking things to the extreme

Did you read the post? He said that it isn't a sacrifice. It having the minimum of what makes you happy and/or comfortable, and getting rid of the excess. If there's a necklace or ring that you really love to wear, there's nothing wrong with that. If you like exercising, and go on long runs or jogs often, there's nothing wrong with spending money on a good pair of sneakers that make the experience more comfortable, or a dog to join you (if you'd like that). If you enjoy watching movies or playing video games, there's nothing wrong with dropping coin on a really good display. If you enjoy cooking, you can still spend a lot of money on really high quality cooking utensils that make it easier to cook and clean, or a self-cleaning oven.

It's all about focusing on what makes you happy and comfortable, and not buying shit for the sake of buying it.

that's where you're wrong kiddo

minimalism is for children who can't get themselves to focus on their work. Seriously if you find yourself having to get rid of a whole bunch of shit in your life just to focus, you're pathetic. I'm not saying to become a packrat, but pics like in OP where it's a dude sitting on the floor like some homeless squatter, you fucked up in life.

OP's pic is the minimalist version of the purity spiral. "Oh, you can live without that? Well I can live without that, AND THIS! What now?"

like anything else. When I feel I need to get some focus, I might clean up a little, get rid of some papers or junk mail I had laying on my living room table. These "minimalist" types are just dick waving at this point.

Yes

I go further than that. Like I don't give a shit about cars, but I need one, so I just make sure to go for the cheapest, most efficient car that can do almost anything. It's the same reason I do absolutely everything digital that I can, so that I don't need to deal with papers/disks in the first place. But I still spend money on the things I enjoy using. I had no issue dropping the cash for an Xbox elite controller, so that I could customize it based on the game I'm playing.

based

Now I know why corporations threw away their hardware every decade, they were minimalist and redpilled all along.

yea you just make sense although I disagree about buying the basic bitch version of a car. I like my sound system when I'm driving. Other than that, I'm the same way. I used to have a collection of various books/novels. We're talking 350+ books. They sat around collecting dust and while I love the feel of a book in my hands, I now own all of those works on my Kindle Paperwhite E-ink.

These fags who have nothing but a folding chair, and a laptop as their "workstation" are just pretentious.

no, i don't wanna become a faggot

ikr? Imagine believing a +2000 year old slut being a virgin, because she says so

>Calling other people children on Jow Forums
Vast majority of people here are manchildren who find saying naughty words funny and reckon blindly trying to emulate their fathers is being a "real adult".
Get over yourself you cunt, there is nothing childish about reevaluating one's lifestyle.

>find saying naughty words funny and reckon blindly trying to emulate their fathers is being a "real adult".
That's actually what most adults do

>People defining themselves and their superiority based on their purchases
I despair for Jow Forums sometimes, I really do.

imagine eating on a wooden block instead of a table.
Wtf man.