Windows OEM's

Which laptop manufacturers should I avoid and which can I trust?

Attached: FB_IMG_1567665375155.jpg (301x301, 10K)

>avoid
acer
HP

>trust
asus
fujitsu

Avoid all except Xiomi

Good model lines:
HP elitebook, probook, zbook.
Dell latitude, precision.
Lenovo Thinkpad T, P, X, W series.

Anything else is low quality garbage designed in china.

Which of those letters is better for a Thinkpad?

They're just size differences iirc

Avoid apple
Trust apple to have shit keyboards

P and W: heavy, powerful workstation models
T: normal business models, cheapest
X: ultraportables

all oems are fucking trash software-wise.
honestly, I cant name a single one that didn't fuck up something. 90% cant even implement the UEFI standard properly

Is tianocore a good implementation?

yes, its the oems that fuck up everything all the time

Avoid the following
>Acer
Crap quality laptops
>HP
Same as above but crappy user serviceability

Only trust

>Lenovo
Thinkpads only

>Dell
They are pretty good but not as durable as a Thinkpad

And Asus is alright too

My ASUS laptop (UX501v) has a retarded "feature" where it dynamically adjusts the brightness of the screen, independent of the OS brightness setting, depending on how bright the pixels on the screen are. For instance, if you have a perfectly black screen, and some small, bright object appears in the middle, it dynamically raises the brightness of screen. It's like dynamic contrast or adaptive brightness or something like that, but it's a setting that cannot be disabled by any standard methods, including changing BIOS settings. Spent many, many hours on in before throwing it in the towel. It's not even a Winblows thing. The same thing happens on Linux distros as well. Terribly frustrating feature and I would never buy another laptop from them unless I knew with certainty that this "feature" was removed. My laptop also came with a damaged HDMI and 3.5mm port.

>God Tier
Acer
>Good Tier
Lenovo
Samsung
Microsoft
MSI
>Okay Tier
Razer
Dell
Toshiba
>Trash Tier
Asus
Gigabyte
HP
Apple

Attached: 1561576353098.jpg (1024x683, 53K)

Dell XPS are pretty fucking good. Only the 15 though, others are foldable tablet bullshit.

Basically if you want a laptop, your absolute best option is a used/refurb business class model from dell or lenovo. These laptops are sold for $1500 and up when new, and you can get them for like $400. They have the build quality and performance of an expensive machine on the cheap.

>Trus Asus
Are you guys retarded? They can't make hinge properly since who knows when?

Dell XPS are disposable macbook/surface tier.

my xps13 has a 10 hour battery life and dual thunderbolt 3 ports, a proper 4 core 8 thread cpu and 16GB ram. How the fuck is that MacBook tier. It's a fanfuckingtastic machine and the only thing I'd replace it for is a matebook x with the 3k screen

In general this. My Acer fucked up and became a brick. I sent it in several times to get it repaired because they couldn't do it right. But eventually they fixed it, and it's worked since then, luckily.

>How the fuck is that MacBook tier.
I'm talking durability and build quality. But you're right, it's not as bad as a macbook. It's HP Envy tier.