Was he right? Are we mere cogs in the system, slaves to technology?

Was he right? Are we mere cogs in the system, slaves to technology?

Attached: iu[1].jpg (474x374, 28K)

yes, but I like video games so fuck him.

do you really though? are you sure you don't actually hate video games for turning you into a fat virgin and long for a simpler time when you and some friends could entertain yourselves with nothing but your imagination and maybe some sticks?

Im not a cog I'm a man

IM neither fat nor a virgin, I did however check out of social society after putting up with too much bullshit for too many years. People are shit. Video games allow me to live out my fantasies and escape the mundane existence that is reality. Maybe im cynical but I don't feel like there is anything in the real world worth working towards. Im 37 years old, I earn more than 70% of people my age and I just don't see the appeal of starting a family and competing with my neighbour over who has the prettiest wife, most expensive garden, or who takes the best holidays. I haven't met a worthwhile human in years.

don't care

yes

imagine your city getting a 2-3 day blackout

my point exactly.

Yeah I'm pretty sure

I used to be like you. Cynical, disliking humans in general, living in my own world. And then I met those people. I have two very good friends and a girlfriend (don't know if the term is correct, we're not married but have been together for ages and girlfriend sounds like im 18 years old).
Nothing, absolutely nothing comes close to that feeling of belonging, love, companionship. No videogames will ever come close to what I feel when hiking with my best friend or literally just sitting at the beach for hours with my girl. I'd say it is just pure innocent happiness.

He is a schizo who can only think in black and white terms.

He was unironically an incel

>Was he right?
Not really when he was a massive hypocrite as well. Used modern technology for building his bombs, travel, building his cabin, etc.
>slaves to technology?
You choose this.

>don't care
So what was the point of generalizing and insulting him then?

So is RMS but most of Jow Forums worships him.

>gets cucked
nothin personnel

Never question uncle Ted.

Cucked by whom?

I went the wife and kids route, and ended up feeling the same way, user. 41, plenty of money, I can be sociable, I think people generally like me, but I don't really have anything to say to most people. I've met two people in my life with whom I can have a genuine conversation. I get accused of being shy, or standoffish, but, I'm really more of an asshole. Most people's opinions are not equal to mine, and I therefore don't engage with most people about anything more than the weather.
Almost everyone else gets a filtered version of me. Even my wife.
Then some day I'll die; my sons will struggle with the same issues, as I now realize that's what happened to my dad.
It's all a big fucking cruel cosmic joke. I like being able to come here, say whatever, and somewhere in the world there are people that get what I'm saying. I just don't know where they are in real life. I find them with computers.
Ted can fuck off.

>I used to be like you. Cynical, disliking humans in general, living in my own world. And then I met those people. I have two very good friends and a girlfriend (don't know if the term is correct, we're not married but have been together for ages and girlfriend sounds like im 18 years old).
>Nothing, absolutely nothing comes close to that feeling of belonging, love, companionship. No videogames will ever come close to what I feel when hiking with my best friend or literally just sitting at the beach for hours with my girl. I'd say it is just pure innocent happiness.
If you've been with her for less than two years, you're still getting the lovebomb. Once you get married, she'll get more comfortable. Once you have a kid, she'll have you and reveal her true form.
That chick you're sitting with at the beach is fake. You won't meet the real version until you have a kid with her. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.
Our instincts drive us to mate with people who fill our percieved inefficiencies. We instinctively try to improve our genetics. The drawback is we try to have kids with people we are fundamentally incompatible with as far as actually living together and getting along.
Again, cruel fucking cosmic joke.

It's been 13 years. I'm old. And you sound bitter, no offense. How are you so extremely certain that I don't know her "true form"?

>Our instincts drive us to mate with people who fill our percieved inefficiencies. We instinctively try to improve our genetics. The drawback is we try to have kids with people we are fundamentally incompatible with as far as actually living together and getting along.
Now that is actually interesting. You got any good read? If that's true it sounds like the reason why people ar so bad at getting along.

of course he was

Jewish technology ? Yes
Chinese one ? I would rather.

no, he's just autistic.

>It's been 13 years. I'm old.
Fair enough. I assumed you were 20 like most people on here. You don't need advice from me.
>You got any good read?
I think it's Hegel's theory. Maybe Schopenhauer. I'm sure most of it has been discredited by mainstream, but I think there's merit.
>you sound bitter
I am. Marriage didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, and I try to project it outwards onto everyone else because I'm too chickenshit to leave.

Its more like toxoplasma gondii and you are the mouse

No, he was a mathematician who was worried that math would be automated but that's not possible. Even with AI and machine learning etc math is a human thing, proof-writing is at least.

Doesn’t this statement make you a schizo as well?

Except videogames are the lowest for of entertaining ie worst animation story written by the guy that gets coffee for actual writers repetitive hallways or baren huge maps an the new commer feminism and sjw crap

You know there's a lot of games, right?

Ted K may have been as well

brainlet

>I haven't met a worthwhile human in years.
rationally I try not to judge anyone for being the way they are, but yeah ... i feel the same way.

too many in my opinion
they're all the same these days

The story goes like this: Earth is captured by a technocapital singularity as renaissance rationalitization and oceanic navigation lock into commoditization take-off. Logistically accelerating techno-economic interactivity crumbles social order in auto-sophisticating machine runaway. As markets learn to manufacture intelligence, politics modernizes, upgrades paranoia, and tries to get a grip.

The body count climbs through a series of globewars. Emergent Planetary Commercium trashes the Holy Roman Empire, the Napoleonic Continental System, the Second and Third Reich, and the Soviet International, cranking-up world disorder through compressing phases. Deregulation and the state arms-race each other into cyberspace.

By the time soft-engineering slithers out of its box into yours, human security is lurching into crisis. Cloning, lateral genodata transfer, transversal replication, and cyberotics, flood in amongst a relapse onto bacterial sex.

Neo-China arrives from the future.

Hypersynthetic drugs click into digital voodoo.

Retro-disease.

Nanospasm.

Attached: 1567700524216.png (750x433, 435K)

In any organized society consisting of more people than a clan where everyone knows each other, every individual almost inevitably becomes a cog. Complex legislation fosters humans as cogs. Bureaucracy fosters humans as cogs. Etc.

If you think you're smarter than everyone else and you're still quoting philosophers, you're not as smart as you think you are

Video games don't do that, though. In moderation they don't stop you from lifting weights or getting a laid.

he was, he is, and he will always be right

>he says, using technology to post on the internet

alright settle down i'm not about to take away your toys
*ruffles your hair*

>I am. Marriage didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, and I try to project it outwards onto everyone else because I'm too chickenshit to leave.

At least you are reflective enough to notice that. One day you'll find a way to improve this situation. Maybe you'll leave her and make it work for yourself or you two find a way to make it work despite the bitterness.

none of these words have meaning.

Perusing Jow Forums is equally as childish.

Attached: 1567204622970.png (402x516, 180K)

thats my fetish, daddy!

>another luddite schizo thread

>globewars
Why? Just call it world wars you dummy.

triggered, flat-earther?

He was part of a Harvard psychological experiment and he spiraled out of control.

>I am. Marriage didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, and I try to project it outwards onto everyone else because I'm too chickenshit to leave.
that's honest and good on you

>Ey maaaan, shiiieeeet, he tellin' me I haz to stop bulging ma eyez on them flat screen fo sum nature and shit?! Man fuck that shit I likes mah boomboom on my screen bebeh
Thinking like a nigger.

No, globewars sounds unnecessarily autistic.