The GOAT mouse just got an upgrade, thoughts?

The GOAT mouse just got an upgrade, thoughts?

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9IL1gvODQ5NTI1L29yaWdpbmFsL0xvZ2l0ZWNoLU1YLU1hc3Rlci0zLW1vdXNl (1510x849, 1.04M)

Other urls found in this thread:

logitech.com/en-us/product/mx-master-3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the old one had defective batteries, thumb button is trash gets stuck and looks mouse, plastic part changes color. Also its high profile not for everyone.

Where's the cable? Also is it small enough for claw grip?

Is the scroll wheel still amazing?

>2019
>mouse
memes are real
literally all you need is emacs

Bought it day 1. It should arrive today.

Attached: 1564196595440.jpg (1632x1224, 463K)

2 years going strong with none of those problems, only the plastic becomes shiny at some places due to wears, which is to be expected.
Apparently they designed an entire new wheel altogether for the new mouse, which uses electromagnetic instead of optical encoder like the old one. I did kinda dislike how the wheel on the 2S is kinda loose and the middle click feels weird, not sure how the new wheel fares in these regards.

the thumb buttons seem to placed and shaped better, that old stacked diagonal design is kinda dumb

I had the Performance Mouse MX which had battery issues, but my Master MX2 has been great for 2 years now. I did get the thumb button issue but it's actually easy to fix by just loosening the screw on the pcb. I also got a free mouse out of it by making a support ticket, so now I still got one in the box.

They should have made the horizontal wheel either clicky or an analog axis. It's fucking useless as anything but horizontal scroll.

Not a huge fan of the new look.

Unfortunately I agree, the smooth scroll just doesn't feel right. They probably couldn't figure out how to make a stopping mechanism in that tiny space.
At least it's bigger in the new mouse so it should be a little easier to use.

what can you do with those side wheels?
if you're not a moron gaymer

as my post says in it's actually pretty useless for gaming because it can't be used as an analog axis. you can bind it to an on/off bind, but that's difficult to use because you don't know how far the travel has to be before you trigger an input.

same problem if you use it for zoom in photoshop for example. you'll slowly turn the wheel waiting for it to zoom, sometimes going too far. pain in the ass. it only works well with horizontal scroll

Scroll horizontally? Quite useful for stuff like Excel, Premier or DAW software.

The g700s has a feature where you can use it as a wireless mouse, but it has a usb port and comes with a cable, which you can use to charge it, or you can just leave it plugged in and use it as a wired mouse.

Does this mouse have that feature? If not then it's not even worth considering in my book.

I use it to switch between virtual desktops. Pretty swift.

There's no wired mode, the cable is only for charging.
Why is that even a problem anyway, this mouse is not for gaming so don't tell me it's about latency.

because batteries die at the most inconvenient times, and I for one am constantly forgetting to charge them. In all sorts of devices, not just mice. Batteries are enough of an inconvenience that I'd rather be able to just use it as a wired mouse.

You can leave it plugged in while using if you so desire even if that would be dumb, and when the warning led starts blinking the battery should still last for an entire day anyway.

I currently own the 2S

The buttons next to the scroll wheel were moved from behind the side-scroll to under it.
Is there greater chance of accidentally hitting these buttons? It seems like it to me.
Is the thumb button still there or how does it act different? it seems like there is a little "notch" for it now.

Attached: IMG_0919.jpg (967x725, 365K)

It's still there and works the same, but the position is a little different.
I'm guessing they redesigned the mouse to be more in line with their current products.

Attached: 1504031023_1357320.jpg (1167x550, 106K)

My G502 scroll wheel gets clogged up with gunk after a year of use. While the G502 scroll wheel is cleanable and also purchasable, I'm not so sure about this complicated scroll wheel.

mx518 the best

might be lucky, maybe you know/got a link on g900 scroll wheels?

You can actually buy original wheels for the 2S on aliexpress so I bet the new one will pop up sooner or later.

Last time I looked, they're on aliexpress and extremely overpriced, in the range of 15-20 usd. So I did some DIY cleaning on my G900. I managed to remove the wheel from its plastic socket. Try it at your own risk.

damn it. fucking aliex with overpriced plastic parts, thanks user. i'll probably just clean my g502

MX2S is pure trash though. Pic related is a far better productivity mouse.

Attached: 20170908_214719-100738077-large.jpg (1200x675, 83K)

>cope

now it says the supports linux, i hope the includes the gestures

This is exciting, I didn't even know this was coming out. It's hard to justify an upgrade from the 2S without any change to the sensor though. I also like the side buttons on the 2S. I don't think going back to the old style is an improvement. It's more natural to move your thumb slightly up and down (2S) than to move it forward and back (3). The steel scroll wheels certainly look like an upgrade.

logitech.com/en-us/product/mx-master-3
>6. Sensor, wheel, and buttons will be supported without adding additional drivers in most popular Linux distributions.
It looks like the same generic support all logitech mice have had.

>gaming mouse

Attached: mx-master-2s.png (500x391, 163K)

is that one whole wheel on the side or two? i can't tell.

I have no problem with them but apparently a lot of people complained about the side button placements. Looks like a lot of these changes come from community feedbacks.
Just one, the 2S has a similar looking wheel too.

the thumb button just started to get stuck on mine.

when did you made the support ticket?
I heard that their support got shittier.

It was actually one day out of warranty. I had been procrastinating, finally decided to do it, and see that, but they gave me a new mouse anyway. Just had to do some troubleshooting steps first.

Oops I think you meant the actual date it happened. Wasn't that long ago...sometime early this year/late last year.

>bought a 2s three weeks ago
well fuck me then

Attached: 1562254394982.png (426x404, 220K)

The 2S is cheaper by like 35 bucks so you're not missing much, really.

M4 and M5 are too small.
Not wired.

:D

Aesthetic

does it have onboard memory that can save remaps and macros? Pretty sad that their gaming mice are better for productivity than their office mice.