USB4 will only be for type c

>USB4 will only be for type c
This is fucking awful. Type C is great as a replacement for microUSB but is way too brittle to be a replacement for Type A. This kinda shit seriously makes me want to kill myself.

Attached: 1538255899164.jpg (425x425, 13K)

What's wrong with Type C?

>This kinda shit seriously makes me want to kill myself.

I think you need to take a step back from the computer and reevaluate your life.

yet another push by the NSA. These high speed standards rely on DMA and memory mapping which gives (((them))) an easy way to break into your system. Nobody actually needs, or asked for 20Gbps USB.

there aren't enough pins in a USB A connector for USB 4 because it needs two differential lanes (Rx and Tx)

It's fine, but it's clearly designed only for phone chargers in mind and is a really poor substitute for Type A.

in what way...?

Who cares what physical size the connector is, as long as it has the pins for 40gbps throughput, I don't give a fuck.

Type A is less durable than type c. Type A is only rated for 1,500 insertions while type C is rated for 10,000 insertions

40gbps

It's supposed to match Thunderbolt 3's bandwidth, which is already 40gbps, and already uses the USB type-C connector.

It's not about how many times it can be inserted, but how long it takes before it wears out from staying plugged in. Even the port on the back of my computer that my thin mouse cable is connected to would be worn out just from the stress of gravity in no time.

USB 4 basically is TB3

...alright well your opinion can be discarded entirely. You're just a moron. Thanks for clearing that up for the rest of us.

Why are you being such a dick?

Because you're being a complete moron complaining about a problem that doesn't exist and whining about wanting to use something besides USB Type-C besides the fact it's the BEST connector choice currently available, is fucking dumb.

MANY devices are using USB Type-C these days, it's capable of 40gbps as seen by Thunderbolt3, USB type-C is THE best option for USB 4.

There needs to be a new connector more similar to Type A. Type C was solely designed to be a replacement to microUSB and can't stand up to the rigors that Type A applications require.

That's bullshit and you're basing that off of NOTHING.

You have ZERO evidence to back up this position of yours that Type-C is SOMEHOW magically unable to manage

What is the endgame? Will USB replace Ethernet, or the other way around?

Nah, the tech reviewers need a reversible connector on their "bezelless" phones because they are too retarded to figure out how to plug Type A, B, or Micro into any device.

i'm still waiting for proof that USB type-C is somehow unable to "stand up to the rigors that Type A applications require"

autism

I figured that out right around this post

>Will USB replace Ethernet
my guess. i hope that USB introduces a standard that locks in but is still compatible with non-locking ports

Ethernet is entirely different than usb

remember when everyone shat on apple for the 2015 MB with only USB C, now look everywhere, even $300 laptops have type C

And yet Apple still manufactures iPhones with that stupid Lightning connector.

Lets go type B then.

Attached: Bb.jpg (474x474, 13K)

>not reversible

no, we aren't going back

have sex

Not him, but you don't need evidence. It's a smaller connector and that 100% means it is more affected by simple stresses.

This shit is just for phones, not real devices.

but that's 100% bullshit without also taking into account the thickness of the metal connector.

USB type-C is smaller, but the metal shroud is thicker than USB A.

USB can carry Ethernet. Already the case with port replicators where a single USB 3 connection carries audio, video, Ethernet, and communication with a USB hub. RJ-45 for laptops might be replaced by USB.

>USB can carry Ethernet
So can HDMI. But neither can run for hundreds of feet and still transmit a usable signal without multiple signal boosters along the way.

Except we have IOMMUs now. It's not 2007 anymore.

Oh so that's what they were called.
I have some old music stuff that use these ports and I had no idea what the name was.

USB-C should replace USB-A entirely, it's the samething but better.
>but it's clearly designed only for phone chargers in mind
Just because it's good for chargers doesn't mean it isn't good for everything else.

>Even the port on the back of my computer that my thin mouse cable is connected to would be worn out just from the stress of gravity in no time.
Metals don't creep without a significant load.

I had USB-A ports crapping out from prolonged use, i suspect it's oxidation and dust buildup or something. Nobody knows how long a type C is going to last but i think it's not any worse than A.

I like USB-C. Fight me.

This is fucking bullshit honestly. Those tiny pins inside that tiny ass connector are going to fail way easier than type-a. Ports are going to go loose over time but that isn't such an issue with type-a because it being physically bigger gives it way more room to wiggle around while still being connected. Also the overall feel I get from type c is that it's just one kick of the cable away from disintegrating. Still better than micro but there is literally no fucking reason why it should be used in desktops or even laptops.

no need for usb4 anyway, what will you use it for? portable ssds?

just stick to usb3

Usb-c is too expensive to produce. 20 pins vs 4, almost 3x the time for chinese workers to solder them

lol THIS is fucking bullshit

How will they OBVIOUSLY fail earlier just because they're smaller?

Smaller doesn't mean they're anymore prone to failure than a large USB A.

So your solution to USB 4 using USB type-C is to force them to use a connector that can't handle the 40gbps bandwidth, negating the entire purpose of USB 4?

Great solution you've come up with.

>This kinda shit seriously makes me want to kill myself.
don't forget to livestream it

>USB type-C is smaller, but the metal shroud is thicker than USB A.
it clearly isn't though:

I need and I asked for 20Gbps USB.

No, just keep using A ports with one or two c usb 4.0 ports

>large thin metal without any support is somehow better than small thin metal with plastic shroud all around it providing extra support

lol whatever you think

lmao, shut the fuck up and neck yourself if you honestly think that's a good idea

USB A is loose and held in place by the contact pins, they ultimately make the contact pressure and they slide in and out with significant friction.

USB C is held in place by the fucking metal rim, is a lot snuglier, has barely any play to it and employs a non-retarded mechanical design as well as having redundancy because ever single pin in it has a double so when one craps out there's another one reserved.

All in all I have good faith in type C i hope it replaces everything else entirely and maybe display port too.

Why the fuck would a monitor have it's own PSU and power cord?
Why would a printer?
Why does a scanner need it's own power cord?

We could get rid of all that.

Dos this mean future motherboards will have nothing but USB-C and I will have to use my peripherals with a dongle?

>b-but I don't like it...
it's the standard now, get used to it.

Robots don't get paid.

When USB C is the only connector you have to make then maintaining just one production line is a lot cheaper.
Use same tooling, same parts, same everything. standardization is the fucking basics of serial production.

>MUH ROBOTS
Not any time soon nigga

>tfw no port for my connector

Go watch a youtube video on how they solder electronics.

The only thing people do on those factories is standing there and looking at the work doing itself.

How is a tiny strip of metal going to fail earlier than a considerably bigger strip of metal? Well gee I don't fucking know maybe I'll just go fuck myself then.

>phone, usb-c
Has to be thrown and tossed about, cable is probably going to be at the bottom of a backpack or purse 99% of the time
>desktop, usb-a
You plug it in once and forget about it
Gee I wonder which one is more durable???

...bigger isn't better fuck head.

There is a reason USB A is dying, and it's OBVIOUSLY just to piss you off, thank god.

lmao dumb luddites

Why the fuck would you still want to use a port that doesn't plug on both side you mouthbreathing fuck?
It's been 20 fucking years we had to live with this fucking garbage and now you want to go back?
There's a special place in hell for retards like you.

Attached: 68105659_p0_.jpg (1066x1491, 178K)

How is it not going to fail easier you fuck? Type-a is even longer than usb-c which gives it more support than the type-c has. It's just objectively sturdier you can't fucking deny this.

Yes I can, if it were better, they wouldn't be replacing it.

So either it isn't better, or if it is, it's a negligible amount that doesn't make it worth using over Type-C.

Type-C is simply better, end of statement, no discussion needed further.

Okay I can see that you are just baiting and I'm getting drunk and angry so fuck you. Here's a last (you) for you.

>mad boomer realizes he's wrong and a luddite, but to save face just continues blustering

whatever you say bud.

I'd love to make 10,000 insertions if you know what I mean

Getting rid of USB A means devices like this can no longer exist in this form factor

Attached: 1538824671919.jpg (270x267, 9K)

good?

They can make usb c dongles.
Or use fucking bluetooth 5.0 since it's actually decent now.

good fucking riddance, either use bluetooth for mice or a cable, there is no reason to use proprietary rf, aside from selling you proprietary dongles every time you lose the really tiny thing

these things are fucking retarded anyway, too easy to lose

USB 5.0 has done nothing for latency you retards. It's still AWFUL. Logitech's lightspeed receivers are lower latency than some wired mice from other brands

Why would you think that?
If anything they could get even smaller.

Silicon chips are so fucking tiny you have no idea, the plastic part is only there so you could grip it.

Attached: ASDFASDASDASDASD.jpg (270x267, 7K)

>M-muh gaymen

USB C dongles can't exist in such a way since these types of dongles actually take advantage of the physical largeness of USB A to house most of the electronics inside the plug

You're missing the point, the logitech adapter is just an example

If it was that easy they would have made it by now, but again not the point, there are plenty of other devices that work of the same principle described above

>If it was that easy they would have made it by now
The reason they aren't widespread is because of retarded redditing luddite fucks like yourself.

Dude you're a fucking retard.
Wireless mouses are only meant for one thing only that is to fit inside your pouch along with your ultrabook.

For any stationary or desktop solution you just buy the dumb wired one for the sake of never caring about your battery charge, degradation or the charging port wear. Less components = less problems.

And for an ultrabook it's legit more convenient to have bluetoots rather than a connector sticking out of it.

>they would have made it by now
And they have.

For now USB C is a niche ports that only the phones and the most expensive laptops have so it's very niche.

Eventually Usb C will become the standard port for the keyboard and mouse on every PC and these will be commonplace

Attached: download (6).jpg (275x183, 3K)

Are you sure you aren't the retarded one?
I have never lost a single bluetooth port.

All the people who think this can be made are fucking stupid.
All these dongles have the electronics in the connector itself, it's a double-sided PCB with components on one side and contact pads for the connector on the other.
This is mechanically impossible to do with a Type-C connector, since just the solder pads for the PCB side would fill the entire plastic part (what appears to be the dongle) by themselves, leaving no space for additional electronics. Usually that plastic part just holds a PCB antenna.
Even if you could fit the electronics in the plastic part, you'd have to remove most of the mechanical support for the connector itself, leaving you with a flimsy piece of shit, even by consumer electronics standards.

Attached: 3b44bd9f57bc642805d841b1a41c10d6.jpg (1000x1000, 79K)

>authentication key which is just a tiny as fuck microcontroller, probably a bare die/epoxy blob
Now fit a flash chip or an antenna with a receiver/transmitter in there without fucking up the mechanical integrity of the thing. Protip: you can't.

>Even the port on the back of my computer that my thin mouse cable is connected to would be worn out just from the stress of gravity in no time.

I'm other user, but my old stuff like vga connector on 750TI bent a bit from being in the same position for past 5 years. The screen itself is loose without screws already, too. Power cable was coming out just after touching it. Other ports and connectors did, including usb for my mouse, did deform over time too. I was actually surprised once I got a new computer this month that connectors are tight and require some more "force" to pull out or plug in.

Also even more importantly the soldering points for type-a are way bigger than the ones for type-c. Those play a big part in longevity of a connector.

are you a cute girl(male)

welcome to 2019 retard I hope you enjoyed your coma because good wireless mice now have equal or lower latency to good wired mice, there's no reason to use a wired mouse except for muh batteries

Muh batteries.
Now name a reason to use a wireless mouse.

I don't need to care about charging it, I don't need to have a charging port crap out on me, I don't need to buy a new mouse when the battery stop holding charge.

What kind of retard would pay money to have more problems and no fucking benefit?

Call me when wireless mouses are significantly better than the wired ones, rather than just equal but cost more and bring a fuckton of issues i don't need to have.

Oh besides I just had a pair of wireless 200$ earphones.
>They don't hold charge for a day
>ANC is a meme
>after a week of use the buppon craps out
>We won't just give you another ones in store you need to ship them to a service center that usually takes two weeks
Fuck that shit I just went and bought another pair of CX-300II and i will never be stupid enough to buy a (((smart))) thing ever again.

The more tiny little unnecessary parts a device has the sooner it will crap out on you.
Henry Ford figured that out and then went on and made an industrial revolution.

Stepping over the connector: With A, the shroud bulges inwards, although you can try to fix it with pliers, the interlocking crease splits open and it will never fit tightly anymore. With C, the shroud's tip may warp a bit, but unless you're a bulldozer, structural integrity won't be affected.

Accidentally kicking the cable: With A, either end's device gets thrown away, or has it's port maimed. With C, the C end just releases and whips away.

Forcing connected ends sideward: With A, the fit feels somewhat tighter but allows more movement, but the signal interference caused by moving contact points limits the throughput to a point where even USB 3.0 will hardly reach it's max, nevermind 40Gbps. With C, it feels wiggly but constrained, and the contacts are disposed in a way that minimizes interference.

>one mentally defective mutant cripple decides he doesn't like it so millions of people and entire industries are full of shit

Just end yourself already subhuman

The USB 3 type A has enough for this, with its 5 extra pins.

USB A lasts fucking ages. USB C does not.

based on your random conjecture?

Well shit, i guess that solves it boys, pack it up.

Either way, these connectors don't even need USB 2 speeds... I wonder what advantages could 40Gbps bring to your mouse, keyboard or headset... The only small form factor devices that could benefit and I can think of are thumb drives, WiFi and Bluetooth dongles, but these already have a bad habit of taking up space from adjacent USB ports in some cases...

>billions of flies cannot be wrong
>Planned obsolescence is a lie and corporations are my friends

This is you being a consumerist retard.

>USB C does not.
Did you have usb C fail on you?

As far as I know USB C lasts forever because I never had any failures over the two entire years of using it.

>USB can carry Ethernet.
the other way around is also true

ethernet isn't going anywhere

Based on A ports from like 20 years ago rarely having issues despite being used for that long, and C ports and plugs breaking all the time despite being new.

>C ports and plugs breaking all the time despite being new
Now I know you're full of shit

I had a lot issues with shitty A ports.

Half of the of front IO on all of my desktops would fail eventually.
There's always that one A port that doesnt work and the other A port that only works with that one cable and not the other ones.

Rear IO is basically never touched but even on the rear there's always a crappy port for some reascom, maybe it's dust or oxidation.

The world seems to disagree with you. We never had these issues with USB A.

Attached: Screenshot_20190907-152259_Firefox.jpg (1080x5680, 1.88M)

That's just smd mount ports in general. Through hole c does not have that problem

You don't seriously try to tell us that USB-C is as stable against mechanical stress as USB-A is?
It's retard to even consider this being the case.