What the hell is this?

what the hell is this?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-07_10-19-37.png (777x557, 269K)

Other urls found in this thread:

invidio.us
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/open-with/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Browsers have had DRM support for years now. Turn it on or get a browser that has it.

You're using a meme distro that only installs GENUINE FREE SOFTWARE by default. In order to use Youtube fully, you'll have to install codecs.

OpenSUSE -> Packman (this broke some stuff for me last time I tried, you have to change vendor for the packages)
Fedora -> RPMfusion (forget the packages)

Nothing of value OP

>using a browser to watch videos
>not streaming with mpv

>opening up an entire separate program, resizing your browser, and copying the link into it, then resizing said program
Holy shit

fuck you faggots, I'd rather abandon yt

Well man up and do it. What are you bitching here for?

What are you doing on Jow Forums? Automation is the main point of technology.

That's right, and it's all automated in my browser. MPV + scripts is just bloat in this context and bears no advantages.

Who does that? I right click a video and select mpv. And I don't have to resize anything, I have it set to open at the size I want automatically. The picture is better in mpv with my settings and I can use all of my keybindings. I also don't have to allow extra js in my browser which improves performance and security.

>click a video and select mpv
Is not supported by default. You can set your graphics drivers to whatever picture settings you want.

>bears
And yes, there are many advantages. See

just replace youtube with hooktube.com

so hooktube.com/watch(etc)

Gets past age restrictions, drm, etc... you're welcome

"It just works" - Linux Sebastian Trovaldis

Well, looks like your browser doesn't currently recognize their available formats.

Attached: 1540228718071.jpg (960x641, 116K)

I tried that and youtube-dl. They all say drm shit.

"And sometimes, it doesn't just work." - Linsux Tarballs

SCHIZOS BTFO

What's wrong with DRM?

Does not work in browser or mpv.

>only having one monitor
poorfags not welcome

>buy two shitty monitors instead of one nice one
>just to use technology worse than a grandma

this

Attached: 2019-09-07 09-45-53.webm (1384x720, 2.41M)

Aside from it not being compatible with anything its weird and does not stop copy right infringement. It just inconveniences and cucks the end user that is actually willing to pay.
You can still download the movie from a dvd rip, download screen recorded streams, basically anything you want.
What does this shit to with my computer?
Why should the end user have ridiculous limitations on their media?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-07_10-52-26.png (432x62, 7K)

didnt you read what he wrote?
poorfags not welcome

Why does your umatrix look different?

Of course I'll use a second monitor just for one program. Give me your details and I'll charge you a monitor's worth.
Why should you freely access media that is not licensed to you?

Probably because that is not umatrix.

what video?

Attached: 2019-09-07 09-53-28.webm (1386x720, 307K)

This is actually fucking beautiful, I'm weeping tears of joy

>He's never heard of newsboat, browser add ons, or tiling window managers
Based retard.

kELKz0VC0wg
It was just on the front page. I dont know what it is about. looking for something entertaining and they gave me that.

You said use mpv, not use newsboat, browser add ons, or tiling window managers and mpv.

have you tried invidio.us ?

That shit sucks always chooses a lower res than your monitor.

>Why should you freely access media that is not licensed to you?
why should anyone pay for media that is full of propaganda that is not openly disclosed before a nonrefundable transaction occurs?
Why should people be forced to pay top dollar for 50 year old media?
why should they have non-refundable transactions for media that could very well be completely enjoyable and they keep pumping out garbage and riding old names into the ground and tricking people into thinking something is good when it sucks and they laugh and say lol no refunds?
No other product works that way.

what do you mean? i never had issues with the resolution so far

>should anyone
You agreed to the youtube EULA.
>top dollar
Your choice to buy.
>non-refundable
Cause post-consumption refunds are a thing.
>no other product
Order a pizza without mushrooms, eat it, say it actually had mushrooms, and ask for a refund.

>>>/reddit/

It's limited to 720p, even if the same video on Youtube has 1080p60fps. You can download the full resolution videos, but they're video only - you also need to download the audio track and merge them manually.

This. Holy shit I want 60fps.

If you have youtube-dl and ffmpeg it will automatically merge the best video and audio together

Oh you're right. I was using it on my new 1440p monitor and it looked like 720p would on my old HD monitor.
lul

>You agreed to the youtube EULA.
nope, I did not. youtube did not have ads when jewgle bought it.
You are a contributer to the internet being shit, kys.
>order a pizza
a pizza is a real tangible thing. You decided to wast your time and sell out the internet for jewtube bux, I did not agree to be part of that. Kill yourself jew.

How are you running it with mpv?

cancerfag go away.
Plebbit is the type of retard that watches the ads and buys the same piece of media 11 times

youtube-dl and open with extension

>I did not
A prompt pops up every time they update their EULA, for confirmation. By using their services, you agree to the EULA implicitly.
>jewtube bux
I'm saying it how it is. I can watch all youtube videos, and you are stuck with a rock.

wrong. reddit is a commie shithole.
the place where you belong

>not even fullscreen
>that slow loading
Holy shit

Ive never seen a prompt pop up, and even if I did, I dont care what it says.
dont really care, this problem will go away soon enough.

Do you browse the internet without an adblocker and with all scripts enabled?

Since when did YouTube have DRM'd videos?

I cant seem to get mpv to show up in the context menus, any help? I installed MPV, added autoplay/default program changes, and have YT-DL in the same directory.

Oh, I never realized that
Guess I'll try opening stuff with mvp then, just hope its not hard to find my way around it
which extention are you using it?

Just use youtube-dl

More and more will be DRM'd, at least until ad blocking is impossible or heavily impaired.

Yes why?

Then youre either a liar or clinically retarded.

Not an argument. Stop being a paranoid schizo.

>blocking scripts on the internet is paranoid schizophrenia behavior
lol ok, shitty troll/10. Try harder next time.

Breaking websites out of FUD is indeed that.

>Breaking websites out of FUD is indeed that.
you have no clue what youre talking about.

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/open-with/

Not an argument. You can't even watch youtube without javascript.

>making 100s of connections to random websites every time you load a page because you're a stubborn faggot who can't be bothered to install an adblocker
They let anyone post on Jow Forums these days

I have a pi hole and adguard dns takes most of the burden. Increasing your latency and wasting cpu cycles is for morons.

You don't even realize that blocking js by default and allowing only what you need will help performance.

Yeah you'll save a ton of performance with a static non-working website. That's after ublock rapes your cache with its shitty lookups for 2 seconds.

thanks user

It's obvious you don't understand

Don't understand what retard. For your next trick, disable hyperthreading and run firefox on one core.

Thanks user. took a sec to configure everything but this works flawlessly.

yes you can

Attached: 1556239307614.webm (880x524, 2.47M)

You can watch it without 90% of the javascript they run and if it wasnt made by pajeets it could run without 99% of the dependencies.
All of these websites are nothing but bloat.
What do you do that youre so butthurt over someone blocking bloat?

>I have a pi hole
>wasting cpu cycles is for morons.
and running a bunch of other devices and gimping your bandwidth is acceptable? What you're doing is for morons, proven by the fact that you lied. You are blocking shit.

Great let's run a gimped subset hazardous machinecode instead. Can't even see the video metadata. Try youtube.com
>90%
That's not 100%. You said with javascript disabled.
>pajeets
If you think you can improve youtube's back-end, Google will gladly pay you a 6 digit salary. No joke.
>bloat
If your criterion is going to youtube.com and clicking one of 5 videos, maybe. Hooktube and invidious don't even support google accounts and other functionalities.
>other devices
Yes of course, I don't like flushing my cache with ad blockers.
>bandwidth
Pihole saves bandwidth, especially when most of the shit is declined a connection by adguard dns in the first place.
>lied
I denied having an ad blocker. Indeed, I don't have an ad blocker. I have a raspberry pie running remotely.

>I have a raspberry pie running remotely.
does it block ads?

Considering that DRM is fundamentally flawed and can be broken, ad blocking will never be truly impossible.

not OP but I'm using ungoogled-chromium with DRM support and still doesn't let me play anything. Netflix and others work ok, this is more of a stunt to force users to use backdoored browsers

Yes, of course. Look it up.

>flawed and can be broken
Oh. Like ME can be reverse engineered and neutralised? How 4K Bluray can be ripped? Soon enough webpages will switch from html+css+javascript to a proprietary format. Think of google stadia but for webpages, by cloudflare.

>I don't want ublock to add a few milliseconds to my internet requests
>instead I'll use a device that connects to the internet through USB 2.0 to filter them
I don't understand

>connects to the internet through USB 2.0
Lol what?
My router is running pi hole.

>says you cant watch youtube without js
>prove user wrong
>gets buttblasted
kek

You literally cannot watch youtube with javascript disabled. You can't post on Jow Forums withut javascript either.

Oh that makes sense then.

Websites have way more js then what is needed. Sites are still functional even when blocking most or even all js. And by blocking js sites will load faster and you're using less resources. Everything you said about it being slower and takes more resources and sites wont work is false.

Also, since when has yt made it so searching on someone's channel also brings up videos that aren't from that channel?

see

>Yes
Then you have an adblocker.
Why are you even in this thread running your mouth?

I don't think you understand how pihole and similar systems work. Your traffic doesn't go through it at all.

I have a router that blocks ads. I don't have an ad blocker. The fuck is wrong with you?
>will load faster
How when currently you fetch a webpage and then neuter the script divs? Or that's how chromium and firefox do it.
>wont work is false
I can show you some more websites that don't work with javascript. Perhaps you meant selectively disabling javascript instead. I've done it, complete waste of time.

*with javascript disabled

>I have a router that blocks ads. I don't have an ad blocker.
>I have an ad blocking mechanism. I don't have an ad blocking mechanism
The city of (You)

Attached: 1567803464886.gif (639x720, 439K)

>what is youtube-dl
>what is mpv
gee whizz the inept neo-Jow Forums users

Read the thread newfag. I already said I tried all of that.

>pic related
the absolute state of google..

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-07_13-43-44.png (559x813, 304K)

I only get this screen when I fuck up my audio output

As far as I'm aware there's no way to block requests without the requests going through it at some point. The device looks up what addresses have been blacklisted and kills those requests or sends them to another address. With his setup its not going to affect much but if you had to send all your requests through a RasPi with its shit internet connection it would probably fuck up your internet speeds quite a lot.