Price starting at $5999

>price starting at $5999
>256gb SSD
>8 cores

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: mac-pro-2019-hands-on-10.jpg (1500x1000, 186K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amigax1000.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-amigaone-x5000-has-arrived.html
pcpartpicker.com/list/DnmmfH
raptorcs.com/TALOSII/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>$6000 cheese grater

Attached: grater.jpg (1000x1000, 50K)

It’s for professionals who value their time highly.

Same reason that if you go round a world class university or a selective company everyone’s using MacBooks and iPhones, people are doing real work and don’t want waste time fucking around.

Sent from my iPad Pro 11” 1tb

Attached: 6781AD41-ADD8-452E-A0EF-DAA0BB3CEDFE.png (1000x1000, 177K)

Well, you're not doing real work on an ipad, and those fucks with iphones and macbooks I can promise you that 90% of them are not doing real work and are more likely sending emails 99% of their working days or data entry or some other soon-to-be automated NPC job

>university
>doing real work
>on macbooks
good joke

Attached: shitpostlaugh.gif (500x287, 1.76M)

Its so apple hipsters can use it to make gluten free s0i vegan cheese paninis.

try to make a workstation yourself

the psu and mobo can cost you around 1000$

the processor can cost you arount 1000$

the gpu can cost you around 1000$

the case ram fans can cost around 1000$

and 20% more because its apple

Try not being poor next time

>gucci wallet
>$400
>fake leather
>doesn't even have RFID protection
WOOOOOOOOOW???
see how dumb you sound?

iPads are actually quite common in hospitals now. Sorry sweetie

Maybe if you had a good job or went to a selective university you could see for yourself.

>the psu and mobo can cost you around 1000$
>the case ram fans can cost around 1000$
no

>gucci wallet
>a fashion accessory where social status and looks are paramount
>applel workstation
>is a workstation
>a workstation

user are you buying case fans made out of solid fucking gold?

mainly the ram would cost you more i dont know how much apple puts into the cheese machine but if you fill your expensive mobo with ram it will also cost lots of $

>there's applelfags who will actually buy and unironically defend it

If you spend that kind of money on your own build you're going to have a much, much better machine that OP's pic.

I guess you could always try to buy Amiga instead
amigax1000.blogspot.com/2018/09/my-amigaone-x5000-has-arrived.html

it's a workstation for people that have already done enough work to be able to afford status symbol workstations. it's not marketed towards Jow Forums NEET "coders".

anyone who buys apple products right now is a marketed retard. since steve died, they have done nothing special.

Everyone in the computer industry has completely lost their minds at this point. $6000 for under specced cheese grater, $2000 for a mediocre video card, $1000 for a CPU that's 1% better than last years model. They'll all be going under and begging the government for help soon. There's no reason to buy anything new.

>X can cost you 1000
Yes, or it could not. If I decided to pay 6k I'd end up with something much much better than this gaming-tier computer. Also
>the case ram fans can cost you 1000
Lol

Every time Apple releases another shit product, the shill script is the same
>it's made for here
>you just can't afford it

so you need to spend $6000 to avoid "wasting time fucking around?"

either you are so rich you can throw 2k away and not even notice it, and then why the heck do you need to work on a workstation, or you NEED a workstation and you are so stupid to buy an overpriced shiny piece of shit to feel like a rich guy

literally could have spent the 2k on a nice watch, which is actually a symbol of wealth, unlike a fucking pc

then why are so many applel users wagie cukes?

>something much much better
Like what? A super loud rack server? A big tower with space for 50 HDDs that you don't need? Probably not with that form factor and noise level.

Seems pretty reasonable compared to Dell, HP, or Lenovo workstations. Especially since Apple's is the only one running Unix. The storage size is more than enough, since any business will have a local server to store data on.

$999 monitor arm to apple monitor

Just because you cant afford it doesn't mean it's bad.

If unix was a requirement they'd use linux or bsd
People use macshit for pretend work and art/design

>If unix was a requirement they'd use linux or bsd
Neither of those are Unix and only IBM offers actual support for Linux. Kind of important in the enterprise world. BSD and Linux are fine for servers, but for developers? No. Workstations are for work, not for tinkering.
>People use macshit for pretend work and art/design
Stop being a pajeet.

>art major thinks his opinion matters
Laffin

No, software developer. Go back to your call centre.

that intel xeon is like half the price of the mac pro

Why get a Xeon when a Threadripper is cheap and will have way better performance in game?

Attached: 1567827826035.jpg (157x117, 2K)

Attached: itoddersbtfo.jpg (1920x1080, 370K)

When there aren't any corporate dicks to suck, do you go into withdrawal?

xD

For $6K, you can have a dual socketed monster with ECC memory, an SAS disk array and Quadro GPUs

>why are so many applel users wagie cukes?
Because apple products are the shitty sportscar of our generation.
The pontiac firebird of computers.

in terms of $, it goes like this
pc > top-end gaming pc > workstation > apple workstation
so it's not unreasonable for those who need specifically a MacOS workstation

>BSD and Linux are fine for servers, but for developers? No. Workstations are for work, not for tinkering.
Says the increasingly nervous Windows admin

>need specifically a MacOS workstation
And what scenario is that.
Nothing apple builds is even remotely capable of being depended upon in the mission critical usage regimes that necessitate workstations.

What you see in the OP, is literally a fucking toy.

I mean a Unix workstation. Windows is a toy, it doesn't belong on a workstation.

Attached: BTFO.gif (220x216, 39K)

Unix is dead. Go Linux or go home.

>Unix is dead. Go Linux or go home.
The software is irrelevant.
What matters here is hardware, that is what defines the workstation.

If apple could manage to ship their software on something other than dogshit hardware, then I'd give them credit.

>those fucks with iphones and macbooks I can promise you that 90% of them are not doing real work
This is unspeakably fucking dumb. Every software engineer in SV has a macbook pro

Yes lets use Mac OS where the toolchain is 10 years old and there’s no package manager

You are essentially asking why people use MacOS instead of Windows or Linux.

That's what some pros with money to spare have been using all their life. Why would they change all of their setup, tools, patterns that they have developed for MacOS? Then there's software developed exclusively for MacOS, like Final Cut Pro. And most importantly, if you want to develop apps for Apple devices, you need to have a mac.

Homebrew is basically the official package manager, Apple even hired the guy that made it

the actual listed price combined of all the parts of the entry level pro besides the undoubtedly good case is hovering around $3000. THAT'S HALF THE FUCKING PRICE OF WHAT YOU'LL PAY.

based

Once you get a job you'll realise how stupid the Apple hate is. That or you'll just alienate yourself, since all of your co-workers will be running macOS.

>better performance in game
So you basically have no idea why anyone would choose a Xeon over an AMD meme processor

>Every software engineer in SV has a macbook pro
And look at their "software"

It's used by the entire planet and has made California the 5th biggest economy worldwide?

This isn't for normal consumers, mostly Pixar/Digital Art Firms.

Beautiful Case/Screen Design, I hope someone makes a similar one for the open market

I'm going to get the monitor stand also!

>parents don't have much money
>parents make sure to give you everything you'll need for studying no matter what, because they love you
>even though it's not much you'll be able to make the most of it and pass college
>they save up for you to go to university because you deserve it
>go to university
>see everyone walking around with the latest iPhones, MacBooks, and all the Apple junk
>first class
>everyone grabs their MacBook Pro+ X Gold Edition while you grab for your bag to get your cheap ThinkPad running a Linux distro
>"haha user, what is that thing you have there?"
>"Umm, I.. u-uhh.."
>people chuckling in the back of the classroom
>"I-it's just my l-laptop.."
>"A LAPTOP? Ahah! Good one user! Why don't you use Apple products like the rest of us?"
>"I..I-I..."
>laughing becomes louder and people start pointing at you
>"I..I don't have much m-money..."
>the entire class laughs
>"Hahahah! Looks like we got a broke faggot in our classroom!"
>start crying
>few months later
>literally score the best in class because you didn't fell for the apple meme and aren't stuck with using propietary crapware
>point at all the ones who failed the test, who are holding their MacBooks tight in pure anger
>"ITODDLERS BTFO!"

>Exclusivity bc fuck you
>Muh exclusive software
Oh poor user. Hackintosh has come such a long way and you haven't understood what we can do now thanks to Virtualization actually not being retarded.

Is that a true story user? If so, I'm fuckin' inspired.

>literally score the best in class because you didn't fell for the apple meme and aren't stuck with using propietary crapware
It runs the same open source software as Linux, imagine being so dumb as to not know this

I can just imagine some neckbeard trying to present some toy gaming PC running a hackintosh as a legitimate tech solution in an enterprise environment. Thanks for the laugh.

Attached: 1407400455791.gif (700x704, 295K)

I have a job. Everyone who does the actual work uses Windows or Linux. Only our dudebro sales guy uses a Mac and that should tell you all you need to know.

Damage control level 9000

>It’s for professionals who value their time highly.
With 8GB RAM and a 256GB SSD you're not getting much of anything done on a Mac these days. Outlook, a Firefox window, and a few terminals running lightweight programs will routinely drag your system to a screeching halt. Anyone who does serious workstation work these days is using Windows or Linux - and with the rise of GPU accelerated servers and VMs, very little needs an at-desk workstation when you can fob the compute cycles, power, maintenance, etc. off on to datacenter staff.

Source: have work issue Mac at company that uses AWS for backend

>Everyone who does the actual work uses Windows or Linux.
More than 90% of Google employees run macOS. Windows is banned there because it is a waste of time.

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: mac_kitchen.png (1335x812, 936K)

user, the normalfags don't know that.
>legitimate tech solution
It may have come a long way, but not to that level lol. You'd have to be fucking insane to do that. But if it works out despite all odds, fuck you and your 1000$ price-tags. You're treating MacOS as if Hackintosh was basically fucking useless retard

LMAO
pcpartpicker.com/list/DnmmfH

Attached: file.png (1487x769, 86K)

>It runs the same open source software as Linux
Linux from before Steve Jobs died

>With 8GB RAM and a 256GB SSD you're not getting much of anything done on a Mac these days
What kind of job stores anything locally? That is a recipe for disaster.
>Anyone who does serious workstation work these days is using Windows or Linux
Windows isn't Unix, so no one is going to use it and no company is going to put their faith in Linux. Apple is the only company offering a Unix workstation with professional grade support contracts.

>tfw user btfo of Applel
Proud of you son, very proud. Have a gold fucking medal.

>More than 90% of Google employees run macOS.
More than 90% of Google employees are affirmative action hires with no real world experience. G-Suite is full of stupid shit that makes no sense.

Damage control level: 18000

>More than 90% of Google employees are affirmative action hires with no real world experience
Wow, forgot how fucking dumb this board is. I guess you already declined your Google L5 offer right?

>non ECC RAM
>non-Enterprise CPU
>no OS included
>no support contract included
>SATA SSD
>useless motheboard
Good work.
Nice cover. Everyone who doesn't agree with you (every tech company in California) must just be retarded, right?

>Shitty desktop computer
$5999
>Shitty monitor
$4999
>Monitor stand
$999

TWELVE THOUSAND DOLLARS

Attached: 1562798549207.jpg (1920x1080, 67K)

exactly

Attached: no6pz2rhlw431.png (481x374, 345K)

>no company is going to put their faith in Linux
Confirmed art major with no job

That isn't much.
Enjoy killing productivity with 500 support tickets a day.

>More than 90% of Google employees run macOS.
And Google products made by people who don't dogfood Goobuntu/Goobian, ChromeOS, Android, and GCP are routinely pure shit.

>don't store anything locally
Then the OS doesn't matter and you don't need a workstation. Switch to RPi4s.
>and no company is going to put their faith in Linux.
Companies up to and including Amazon use Linux for ALL their development work. The Macs are glorified thin clients, and every model of Macbook since the USB-C switch has been crap. I wouldn't be surprised if the rise of dedicated Linux laptops like the Pinebook Pro and System76, or even just Android 10+ phones/tablets with desktop docks, replaced Macs for these roles.

>it costs 5x less
>it doesn't include retarded shit no one cares about
>it could be made 10x better if you spent the whole 6k
Cope harder resetera mod.

Yeah damn I guess I should just kill myself because I didn’t get a job offer from Google

this

>Then the OS doesn't matter and you don't need a workstation. Switch to RPi4s.
Hopefully satire, but I somehow doubt it.
>Companies up to and including Amazon use Linux for ALL their development work.
t. no experience stooge
>retarded shit no one cares about
You mean the exact things companies care about? This isn't about gaming, you stupid cretin.

>except for the problem that you can upgrade your PC to outperform your Mac.

>resetera
Apparently a gaming forum. Looks like I found you out, gamer. Now fuck off back to /v/.

raptorcs.com/TALOSII/

If you're going to make a stupid comment about affirmative action hires based on zero knowledge, then yeah maybe

>Enjoy killing productivity with 500 support tickets a day.
Special snowflake “muh premium experience” Mac users cause more support tickets than anyone else
>Airplay never works
>CIFS support is flakey at best
>My calendar/mail/reminders stopped syncing for no reason
Don’t even get me started on managing a large number of corporate iOS devices

>Special snowflake “muh premium experience” Mac users cause more support tickets than anyone else
That must be why every major tech company mandates users to use Macs...
>Don’t even get me started on managing a large number of corporate iOS devices
Your retardation lends truth to my claims.

>Sent from my iPad Pro 11” 1tb

I feel good that "professional work" nowadays consist of shitposting on Jow Forums.

Although this site helped me more that any IRL "IT spezialist"

>t. no experience stooge
He's right. I work at AWS and all the dev work happens on Linux EC2 instances or Docker containers, except for developing things on and for Windows/iShit. The EC2 instances replaced physical Linux desktops. Developers can request Ubuntu laptops as well. Macs are mostly used as "Unix laptops that can run MS Office and Acrobat", but that's increasingly less valuable as we shift away from MS Office formats and Linux gets good native PDF editors (PDF Studio, Master PDF Editor).

Ok, gamer.
Why should I believe you when my own experience is contradictory?