Windows:

Windows:
>Gamers and ordinary people

MacOS:
>Designers, web developers and status people

Linux OS's:
>Snowflakes, argues muh customization, but only plays dress up and themes the terminal, neglects the hassle of performing a simple task

Attached: 1563146222692.png (1080x1032, 1.92M)

Other urls found in this thread:

linuxjournal.com/article/9653
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Software developers in general use macOS. Not just web devs.

very much doubt, not everyones retarded u know?

UX designer here, can confirm this

Agreed

Get a job, kid. Businesses aren't going to rely on hobbyist solutions like Linux.

as i said, not everyones a retard, me neither since i use windows both as daily driver and also at my workplace where i - you guessed it - work as a software developer

Software developers are usually on macOS if they can and with whatever they need if they have to. Linux is mostly used in servers, either personal servers or not.

I bet you are developing software that has to work in Windows.

Then why is Microsoft selling more cloud servers running homebrew hobbyist Linux than running Windows?

>software development on Windows

Attached: angrdufr.jpg (600x595, 64K)

>servers
Not what is being discussed.

Linux good for servers and machines. But using as a daily is beyond retardation, what is the fucking point

I use Fedora at work because WSL is shit.

>Businesses aren't going to rely on hobbyist solutions like Linux.
What, businesses do not need servers and people to maintain them?

>what is the fucking point
freedom

Attached: 1567706641105.jpg (1920x1200, 537K)

>use default gnome
>don't customize shit
>everything just werks
proved you wrong

Attached: 1537530284138.jpg (650x919, 51K)

yes because our clients only use windows as they expect people to use our software in production as soon as possible with as little training as possible

>not retarded
>uses windows

Attached: 1549504339339.jpg (600x600, 78K)

Freedom??? Explain to me exactly what you can do on your Linux distro, that I can't on my Win10 or Mac. Changing colors on shit doesn't count.

>Get a job, kid. Businesses aren't going to rely on hobbyist solutions like Linux.
>Most commercial platforms run on Linux
>lol no one relies on that hobbyist solution
I think you're the jobless one, or an aging Windows admin having nightmares about CLI

Absolutely no point in using a linux distro over Windows if you don't customize anything

Can you read, modify and distribute the full source code of macOS or Windows 10?

>work as a software developer
What kind of software?

I know this comfy feel

Attached: qs6j4i5953l31.jpg (598x715, 65K)

No, there's no purpose for doing that. Explain to me what fundamental modifications that you have done to your OS and how it was not a waste of time.

This. Once I stopped trying to be a snowflake and gave Gnome an honest chance desktop Linux suddenly became viable.

Based rational user

>Absolutely no point in using a linux distro over Windows if you don't customize anything
There is most of the tools you need for work are written for Linux

the projection here is strong, also you have to be 18 to post here. kindly fuck off back to plebbit.

Attached: linux-coolaid.jpg (190x307, 14K)

>Explain to me exactly what you can do on your Linux distro, that I can't on my Win10 or Mac
Not get spied on and modify any program to work like you want.

I use basically stock fedora 30. Just werks. Not sure what op means by simple tasks being difficult. As everything is quite simple. In many ways. Easier for a normie to use than windows.

Plus it's free. And updates don't break anything.

software for the building industry, specifically for their factories

>Written for Linux

Ah yes, written in the leenux language

I've used a Linux distro as my main operating system for a decade, no I will not call it what you want me to faggot, and I have to say it's very nice seeing a whole bunch of people going through a kind of self motivational trolling process to get into the system now that proton and games work.

Keep it up user, it's a fully functioning operating system, you just need to relearn stuff like permissions and system services for a different way of looking at things.

>windows software developer

Attached: 1551593857501.jpg (690x720, 77K)

>uses Windows
>tries to act smart

software developers can only work on windows, or mac
if you work on linux you're a hobbyist

Gamer here. I use Linux.

>what is the fucking point
Linux isn't any different from MacOS or even windows. So, are you asking what's the point of desktop computers?

Distribute and resell the OS without being sued.

imaging using toys for work

Attached: smart_girl.jpg (300x168, 8K)

It doesn't matter if you don't see purpose of it. I can modify whatever I want if I don't like how it works without any kind of limitations. You asked what you can do with Linux that you can't do on Windows and macOS, and I gave you the main reason. I'll give you a simpler reason, you can't legally share working copies of macOS and Windows with your friends and family.

>Can you read, modify and distribute the full source code of macOS
Depends how you define macOS. If it is defined in the same way the Linux community defines an OS, then yes.

>software developers can only work on windows, or mac
No, just Mac. Windows isn't suited for software development.

Nothing like a linux tard coping with their inferior OS that takes 20 commands to install a program but with Windows you download the exe and press next a couple times and its installed. Faster than googling the commands to do so in Linux.

Most software runs and is developed on windows

Even Windows software is written on Macs. It is merely tested on Windows VMs.

>written for C
>written in C
Notice the difference.

>inferior OS that takes 20 commands to install a program
"sudo apt install firefox" vs hunt for the exe and click continue continue continue

Attached: tf2 1566870169644.jpg (435x384, 15K)

What? For me its a few clicks.
You know graphical package mangers exsist right?
This seems like a lame attempt to divert someones point rather than address it anyway.

>Hobby
>Most servers especially cloud ones all run on Debian
El retardado de mierda

Windows 10 LTSC is the only sane choice.

But it doesn't support any usable filesystems.

Can we all just are that
Windows, Linux without gay tiling window managers and anime wallpapers
>based
macOS
>gay

Just use chocolatey and do "cinst firefox -y" on Windows.

No, Windows is never acceptable.

so you have to hunt for an exe on the internet and click continue continue continue to have the same functionality that linux comes with out of the box?

Linux had app stores before Microsoft even knew what they were.

How about improvements in security, privacy, user control, and freedom?

ideologue

I was speaking from a solely practical perspective.

I installed MacOs onto my thinkpad. What does that make me?

Debian packages,48,000 (as of 2015)
Arch packages, 10,000(official, as of 2015), 58,000(AUR, as of now)
Chocolaty, 6994 (as of now)
Chocolaty is cool but it doesnt compete with linux package managers.

this is my face when i see some tranny at the local starbucks using linux.

Attached: 1547402149240.png (645x773, 11K)

>going to starbucks

Attached: spaghett.png (225x353, 68K)

wtf the AUR is massive

Attached: 1567802733537.jpg (720x695, 37K)

Yea sometimes I get sick of going to Target to hit on single moms, so i go to starbucks.

Its one of the main reasons to use arch over other rolling release distros.

>>Gamers and ordinary people
I see that gamers aren't exactly normal
>>Designers, web developers and status people
I know more people who use chromebooks for web development than I do people who use macbooks for web development. Protip: unless actively programming, wordpress does not constitute web development.

I'm a web developer and in my town people use Windows, Mac Os or Linux at random, at my old job we used Windows, at my current job most people use Ubuntu, with a few having Macbooks provided by the company. If they ever ask me if I want a laptop for work, I will try and get a Thinkpad (some older folks got those in the past). In my team only three people have macs, two people who got them recently, with the cheapest specs, so they usually freeze up at deploys/meetings and our middle manager who's got an older, upgradeable one. I'm into Linux and Windows both, since I was 15, I even dualboot Win 10 and Ubuntu at home, I like adapting to a new environment, but Mac might be too much for me, since I'd get the cheapest 2017 specs if I were offered one, which would make testing anything impossible. Apart from those two companies I mentioned, I have friends working at 4 different ones, where one of them uses Macs, two of them use Windows and another Linux. I would never consider buying an Apple product to be honest. I also have friends in another city doing software development, they use Windows and Linux predominantly. I am from Europe by the way.

Linux is a kernel, retard.

>I see more people who use chromebooks for web development that i do people who use macbooks for web development
lmao spotted the europoor.

>I am from Europe by the way.
So why would I care what your experience is? Europe is so irrelevant. You're also only a web dev, which is basically a platform independent field.

Seethe mutt and get a job.

Typical NPC response. Just spout memes. No independent thoughts.

You're all idealists

>Linux OS's

spotted the guy in OP image

>Windows
People who accept Brave New World

>MacOSX

People who accept IngSoc and are willing to pay 2x for brushed aluminum shitware

>Linux

Free people who demand value

The AUR are packages aren't official packages. They are installation recipes contributed by users and may (and did) contain malware.

You are just a useful idiot in the hands of dystopian faggotry.

You are the type of person who cooperates with being told what you have to buy and thinks it's normal for businesses to have to be licensed to do things that everyone did freely 100 years ago.

You are a serf.

linux is nonfree, and a kernel

how intellectual

Attached: 1547928469191.jpg (500x500, 88K)

>t. 17yo /v/fag

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>being this triggered after being called idealist

>hurrr linux is only worth it if you put anime wallpaper on it
idiot, get a job.
people use it for sound/video studios, servers and developing.

We just demand an OS that doesnt treat us like garbage.
That is the weakness of the AUR,its not super secure.

>Linux OS for sound/video studios

LMFAO

>Linux is nonfree

Linux is GPL2.0 retard.

Because I'm not an idealist I just want to control what I fucking paid for, and I'm tired of getting presented with a menu of shit options because naivete from people who only care about childish things. I used Windows up to Win7 because of convenience and I played more games when I was younger, but this new wave of malware shit and firmware intervention from MSFT is utterly intolerable.

Their OS is bloated and their new UI is cancer. This shit is only slated to get worse.

No, you are an idealist. You like the IDEA of being in control but you don't control anything.

No, that's just you justifying being a lazy nigger cattle.

British television uses Linux

My favorite movies were made on Linux. linuxjournal.com/article/9653

Get Shrek'd.

Mactranny utterly devastated by facts and logic

>Linux is GPL2.0 retard.
That's what LF shills want you to believr. In reality only a small part of it is really free. Many parts are binary blobs (i.e nonfree software) in the code. The larger part, the drivers, is mostly proprietary and some parts even have not any license.

If you're looking for an actually free kernel, try Linux-libre.