/iemg/ - In-ear monitor general

My target is better than your target edition.

How to request advice:
>Budget
>Source
>Location
>IEM(In ears)/ Earbuds
>Sound Signature(or genres you like)
>Past Gear and your thoughts on them

Attached: D9uGb3jU4AAGzRK.jpg (2048x1536, 493K)

Are the Dekoni Bulletz worth it? Or are there any other foam tips I should be looking at?

just get the $2 aliexpress foam tips

Hope Zhang and Hans don’t fuck me over, lads.

Attached: image.jpg (828x911, 153K)

Don't want to wait 2 months for shipping. I actually found a reseller locally but it's not much cheaper than just getting the dekoni ones.

>monitor

technicalities

how do you cut foam tips without fucking them up and making sure they are the correct size all around? I used a knife and one of them came out kind of okay but too short and the other one was completely uneven.

I'd just grab a box cutter with a fresh blade, just one of the long slide out ones so you can make a clean cut.

Stop being so poor

I doubt it would be sharp enough

Are IEM's actually superior to headphones? One would think that the ear gets in the way of receiving pure unadulterated sound waves, often justified as enhancing the so called soundstage.

I like them better because I hate feeling anything on my head.

Does anyone know which shipping company Linsoul uses for international shipping?

What's the current consensus on Etymotic ER4XR?

How do the TanchjimOxygen compare to the Moondrop kxxs?

overpriced but very dry (studio version is very dry and neutral, but that's the point)
you may not be used to the lack of thump w/ balanced armatures, in which case the ER2XRs are really good (very neutral w/ the same slight bass emphasis as the ER3XR / ER4XR but with a dynamic driver.)

Gonna buy the ikko oh1s for jazz fusion prog rock and electronic music. Using on the go from cellphone. Want a U shape signature and more comfort and isolation than my tin t2s.

Sound like a good idea?

They are only superior depending on use and personal preference. Based purely if sound quality I think they are not as good as headphones unless you spend a lot on the IEMs. I personally think for on the go or loud environments IEMs are the best out of the two, but there are people who think the opposite.

All of my orders from them have come through DHL.

What's a better neutral IEM?

Do they declare the full value or just put $5 on everything?

They put $25 on my Thieaudio Phantoms, so you should be good.

Cool

>Better neutral
Literally nothing
>Better bang for buck
Moondrop spaceships
>Better Live monitor
niceHCK DT 600

I'm looking at fearless s6 pro for a bright/neutral iem, y/n? 2nd choice is an er4sr.

I don't know what Aliexpress tips but the foam tips that came with some cheap Tennmaks are far inferior to the Shure "black olive" ones I'm used to.

I really liked Shure SE535 when I tried. Unfortunately, I'm too poor for them.
Is there anything similar Chinese? I can spend ~$150.

Less bass boost, a bit softer in the lower treble.

Quick review ?
niceHCK DT600
Black olives are special. There's good Chinese foams tho. Anjirui makes lots of different types and all are of good quality.
Just save up for the S8f if you are going to get a fearless. ER4sr is not bright at all either. Both of these are phenomenal but don't fit your description.

What's so special about the black olive foams? What makes them different from generic cheap Chinese ones?

Bought the QT2s but I heard that the cable isn't that great. Can anybody recommend a replacement that I can buy? I don't know shit about IEMs in general but I'd like to have the best quality

I'll assume that they are good for what I want then?

How disappointing are high-end wireless earbuds, $200-300? Currently have ER-4P's.

>in ear monitor
They're called headphones
Faggit

These are the wee ones you jam into your ear.

What's the reasoning for in-ears having cables like this? Drop emails me every single day and I always see these. Actually makes me want to buy one and replace these half dead apple earpods. Although I don't know it sizes up in quality with the HD600.

Just got some Moondrop stuff. From left to right are the shiro-yuki, spaceship, and Nameless. Was very curious to try their earbuds and see if they could actually manage something decent.

Attached: 31AC3868-E654-4BFB-A630-86C668BD0CD2.jpg (4032x3024, 2.14M)

What, the braided wires? It's more durable than the cheapo everything in one sleeve design cheap earbuds use. I've always preferred the Shure cables -- everything in one jacket but built properly and actually durable.

>Was very curious to try their earbuds and see if they could actually manage something decent.
Well, could they? Earbuds almost always sound awful due to lack of seal and not enough room to put a big enough driver to sound good with no seal.

Honestly both sets really impressed me. I need to run them through their paces and hopefully figure out a way to graph them, but they’re easily the best sounding buds I’ve ever come a cross. In fact, the more expensive Nameless pair almost makes you forget you’re wearing buds at all at times. On the cheaper clear pair, there was a moment in the song I was listening to where a hand claps suddenly and is actually sounded like someone clapped their hands in my living room. It was really neat.

Headphones go on your head hence the name. In ear monitors go in your ear. Pretty easy to remember...

I read people complain shiroyuki has no bass but nameless is very nice smooth sound. Do you agree?
Chink earbuds sounds amazing nowadays, especially if you have a strong amp. It can be very really close to open back.

----

I want to try blon blo-03 which has the same driver has tanchjim oxygen for a 1/10 of the price.

Are those 65" 4k tvs any good as pc monitors?

65" is way to big to fit in your ear

I'd try the Shure ones, but they're only sold in large packs of one size only, so I'd risk buying something that doesn't fit(I also can't find them for below MSRP locally so way too pricey). Maybe in the future. I'll get the Dekoni for now.

>$15
Actually considering the shiro-yuki now.

>but they’re easily the best sounding buds I’ve ever come a cross
Mind if I ask what other buds you have tried before?

What's the best go to budget monitor in the 15-30 usd range? Thinking about ZSN pro or 10 pros

No. Get those hd820 instead.

Hoe are the xiaomi redmi airdots?

cheap and break easily

I always wanted a planar headphones. How good are pic related?

Attached: Aks8AX3YSZK02fBj9d44_Tin-Audio-P1-IEM---Drop-Debut-MD-8739138382.jpg (500x500, 19K)

lads from hpg told me to come here
budget
>$35-50
source
>nothing oveseas, you can usually find chinese stuff locally so there's that
iem/earbuds
>In-Ear preferably hybrids
>Wired given I'll use them 80% of the time with my desktop
past headphones
>Xiaomi Piston V4 Hybrid Iron Dual Drivers / Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro / Mi In-Ear Piston Headphones Basic (yes, xiaomi stuff is cheap here, also I liked the curved design with the hybrids, as I never had them fall out)
sound preferences
>N/A in my budget, but I'll be fine with anything
Intended use
>Noise cancelling, general desktop use/gaming, music, in that order
preferrered music genres:
>Ambient, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Electro

need to be EQ'd for more sub-bass and need a moderate amount of power to sound their best (work really well with tube amps)
you have 2 know what you're getting into but for the price they're fantastic

blon bl 03

its shit dont bother with it

the blon has shitty lower mids. everything else is pretty nice though

dog shit. get isines and eq them or use cipher

>need to be EQ'd for more sub-bass
Is their bass worse than the t2s?

More or less yeah. The Shiro-yuki doesn’t have much bass. The Nameless have this weird midbass hump that I’m not particularly fond of now that I’ve listened to them some more. For the most part though, the Nameless sound like a mediocre pair of IEM’s, which to me is very impressive for earbuds.

I haven’t tried any “hi-fi” earbuds. Just cheap pairs from Walmart and Bestbuy or pack-in garbage from Apple and Samsung. So when I say impressive, I mostly mean in that context. I had insanely low expectations.

Old and busted. I genuinely feel that the KXXS is a better all-rounder, owing due to a much better bass response and texture to mids and treble. The ER4XR still has a smoother mids but that's about it.

Attached: moondrop-kxxs-feature.jpg (2508x2310, 619K)

I also forgot to add that to get the best of the ER4 series you need to use the triple flange and it's not exactly very comfortable. The KXXS is actually designed to be worn by humans.

>Both of these are phenomenal but don't fit your description.
Bright was probably a bad way to describe it. I'm looking for something close to harman but don't care as much for it's bass (I like my STAX, so maybe DF), something fast with clear and detailed mids/treble.
>save up for the S8f
I saw that these are pretty V-shaped, but if they respond nice to EQ then maybe I'll consider them instead.

So I bought the Tinfi T3 and a 15$ TRRS (stereo+microphone) cable. I also use it for my PC to chat when playing games but some people tell me that I am too quiet and sound muffled and also that they sometimes hear my game sound. I already boosted the mic by +10dB and it helps but with +20dB they say there is too much background noise and very loud.

Is there a better TRRS-cable that you could recommend? I want a really high quality sensitive microphone and maybe something that decouples the microphone better from the in-ears. Price is not very important but of course 100$ is a bit much.

The Tinfi T3 are compatible with the Shures.

Attached: Thinking_Face_Emoji-Emoji-Island.png (640x640, 111K)

get a desktop mic

I bought good in-ears with a headset specifically so I can use them for everything. I want to have as few technical items as possible. Any other suggestions? I would rather pay 50€ extra for a good cable instead of getting another thing that is on my table.

>Budget
>Source
e10k amd phone
>Location
USA
>IEM(In ears)/ Earbuds
IEM
Neutral
M6 pro were a bit sibilant for me
Beyer Byrons were too bassy
Tin T2s were ok but are shitting out on me and i want to try something else.

I need mmcx compatibility if possible. I would like to use my own cables.

Attached: hh08hlam0k421.png (700x1000, 83K)

Thanks. I was hesitant to buy from them since they offer free shipping. Usually when Chinese sellers offer free shipping, it's through the a terrible postal service.

Moonlight KXXS or Tin P1?
I like balanced sound signature. I like Sennheiser headphones (currently have HD800S which I love).

if you want something like hd800s get the Etymotic ER2SE

>Etymotic ER2SE
One of the best things about HD800S is how comfortable and open they are. Etymotics look like ear dildo.

well you arent going to find many wide sounding iems under 200 usd that match your preferences. do not expect iems to sound as wide as headphones. etys are comfortable to me. for some it takes some time to get used to. both of the options you put are not anywhere close to hd800s at all. KXXS is oe harman and p1 is a warm mess.

None of these
Just keep the hds then. It's an in ear and its always going to sound narrow as fuck.

But surely there's good narrow and bad narrow.

>Just keep the hds then.
I want IEMs for listening to music/podcast at work. I know that I can't get the same sound stage, but I what about something with balanced sound? All the IEMs and esrbuds I tried either have too much bass or too much treble.

About to bite the bullet and purchase KZ ZSN's, whoever, I'm a bassfag. Would you guys recommend this for a good budget earphone or is there something in the same similar price range (preferably with good cables) that has better bass?

How do I become good like /iem/ and understand whether I like bass or treble?

How bad is bad?
Is it as bad as the kanas pro or way worse?

Moondrop sucks at earbuds
Try RY4S instead. Cheaper and better

I am going to buy the melomania 1's. I hate proper headphones for day to day because its hot where I live most of the time and I don't want to get sweat all over them 30 seconds into my day. The sound cancelling on the wf-1000mx3 isn't good enough to justify the increase in price, plus the melomania's have a better battery and more charges in the case.

ok

Okay Jow Forums, I need wireless, but connected, earbuds for running. Need to be sweatproof, or waterproof if possible.
No more than 80 usd.

I've gone through 2 pairs already, Mee's and Phaiser models. Both died in less than 5 months. I may just break down and get a pair of Bose because at this point, I just want something reliable.

>Bose
>reliable
Highly debatable.
Check out comply tips that feature the wax guard. They have 2 or 3 variants I believe. In theory, they should help with preventing the ingress of moisture and at least keep your choice of earphones lasting longer. Note that they don’t last forever, my pair lasted about 3 months of almost daily use before they started to separate from the core. Also note that wax guard does alter high frequency response. For the most part it reduces overall output around 5k and up, but it varies considerably from earphone to earphone.

That's some good advice, but I thought were overpriced just for the fact they are reliable, not because of their sound quality.

1k USD
my laptop
Buds > IEMs
I like to listen to Spotify and Soundcloud and youtube. I like all genres. Need big sound stage
IE80: vocal is not very good. I like the soundstage though
Westone UM3: too small stage, ok vocal
Earsonics custom IEM mmm EM3 ? idk everything is good except the sound stage and the discomfort
UE triple fi 10: great high and good stage, not as good as IE80. bad vocal
Phonak pfe 012: love the clarity and instrument. Too harsh at time. Sound stage not large enough.

aliexpress.com/item/32302987270.html

Some IEMs are so niche just being seen using them could reveal your reddit account if you've ever posted about your IEMs. Mine I just bought have serial numbers under 9000.

Attached: b29gdt6mjdd31.png (960x490, 121K)

I'd say not, but my headphones can't be used longer than five hours before getting too moist, replacement cushions get costly, I get sebaceous cysts from using them, and I need maximum noise isolation where I am right now. IEMs with filters don't accumulate gunk like headphones with all their porous surfaces do.

I had their noise cancelling headphones back in the 00s and the structural engineering was severely lacking. The cups were attached to the band by only a millimeter of plastic at the most stressed point, so one eventually broke off.

Are they still doing those trash bag cushions without fabric reinforcement, so they'll split open if snagged on a jagged fingernail?

Why do these range from $148 to $716?

General wisdom is open back headphones > IEMs sound wise, but headphones have a lot of downsides like being less portable, trouble making a good seal, being uncomfortable with glasses, sweat, worse isolation than IEMs, etc., that make a lot of people prefer IEMs especially when going outside.

Yo I'm trying to get some Bluetooth IEMs for the gym. Are the Galaxy buds any good?

>Budget
$100 or less.
>Source
No idea what to answer for this.
>Location
USA
>IEM(In ears)/ Earbuds
Whatever is good.
The best for J-Pop. It's all I want to hear at its finest.
Skullcandy Green Ink'd: Good noise elimination, but felt kind of annoying in my ears a lot. To the point my ears just push them out sometimes. Used these for a long time until the tips kept falling off.
Sony MDRZX100: Felt pretty good until they started flaking, then you don't really want to wear them anymore.
FashioNation Retro Stereo Headphone: Conflicted between this and the previous one, this one had better earmuffs and probably sounded better, but they tore off and kept falling off, so I had to abandon them.

Campfire Andromeda

not funny youre retarded

Tin T2s

T3 has better sound and is still under $100

If want better soundstage, go
Spend that 1k on a decent headphone dac/AMP. All your current IEMs will have better soundstage, believe me.

Seahf AWK-F32MG

Attached: -165913386-1920694309.jpg (800x800, 209K)

Not that user, but what does soundstage even mean? I can't tell where I should be hearing things from except inside my head.