Why is it disliked around these parts?

Why is it disliked around these parts?

Attached: Gnome-logo.png (600x364, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=679658#c10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I dislike the fact that you have to use workaround after workaround just to get the titlebars to be smaller.

Time to go back to Jow Forums

Foot fetishists disgust me

>criticizing things because of the sexual behavior of community members instead of for technical or
practical reasons
absolute state of Jow Forums

fpbp

/thread

Attached: 1521627285520.gif (300x169, 464K)

fpbp

One shekel has been donated to your savings account, Zohan

>fisher-price tablet baby OS
>built with JavaScript, slow as shit
>devs constantly remove useful features
>gnome files is the most useless file manager available on linux
>each update breaks your extensions
>no file picker when uploading images
>fuck huge title bars that take up half the screen
>csd fucks with GTK apps in other DEs, devs dont' care
>devs don't know other devs exist
>has dependencies on systemd
>hot shit but default linux de due to being pushed by redhat

Need I go on? There are plenty of technical reasons, and it can be summed up as built by trannies for trannies. You have to be a brain-dead tranny to use Gnome.

Attached: 1560223372029.jpg (1242x1222, 262K)

Attached: 1508539520091.png (1629x661, 945K)

absolute state of gnome lovers

Attached: 1508531982327.jpg (678x757, 243K)

what does any of that have to do with a man dressing as a woman?

No features at the cost of a gig of memory.
Just use openbox and throw a stick of ram in the trash instead, it will still run faster.

you're a brainlet

Attached: 1523374042130.png (731x1330, 166K)

I don't know what GNOME is or does sorry.

Only a man dressing as a woman would be mentally ill enough to make those design choices. It's fairly obvious famalam.

highly based

nah i use dwm, i just like watching you retards freak out because of a desktop which is optional
>waah but it's the default
only on meme distros made for windows plebs like yourselves

>lol men who dress as men never make bad design choices
this is some shit bait

I kinda like how tightly Gnome is put together. The problem of course is the its usability is complete dogshit.

My only interaction with gnome recently was debugging a segfault in a program I was working on, which seemed to be specific to gnome. As it turns out, triggering the segfault in a debugger causes gnome itself to freeze, requiring switching to another tty to forcibly kill it. So I have a pretty low opinion of gnome from an engineering perspective.

If anyone it's mad, it's because its high adoption ends up hurting everyone else. Same thing with systemd: now than giants such as Debian+derivatives and Arch+derivatives use it, there's much less attention and support given to alternatives. Gentoo is still decently sized, and runit is inherently small and simple enough to not need a large base of support, but if tomorrow Gentoo and Void and a few other meme distros decided to adopt solely systemd instead, what would you do? Not everyone is happy to just install slackware.
Another example, though exaggerated due to its nature, is OpenBSD. If it had even 10% of the market share of Linux, its compatibility would shoot through the roof, and it'd become a pleasure to use. Instead it's basically only usable on old thinkpads and dedicated machines.

GNOME isn't quite as bad as either of those examples, but the Free Desktop Foundation or whatever it's called is still the one to receive the most funding, when they deserve nothing. If it were a bunch of retards quietly coding in the corner, then fine. Instead, millions of $ that could have gone to improve KDE, XFCE, or a variety of other projects, get pumped into this piece of trash.

openbsd will never have more than 0.001% marketshare, and that's a good thing. compatibility is a meme, just port the programs you want to use, your programs are all open source right?

>complaining about projects you don't use getting funding
get over it faggot, there are not enough minutes in the day to be angry about all the stupid shit people waste money on

>compatibility is a meme, just port the programs you want to use
>"Dude just reverse engineer all your closed source binary blob firmware drivers yourself, bro! Stop complaining over basic stuff!"
Nice meme

>there are not enough minutes in the day to be angry about all the stupid shit people waste money on
There is if the money's being wasted on Gnome.

>lol men who dress as men never make bad design choices
You're right, but people with an 11% IQ drop statistically have a higher chance of making bad design choices. That's why Gnome is a shit DE. It's built by trannines on hormone blockers, which lowered their IQ, which led to thicc title bars, CSD, JavaScript, no desktop icons, horrible performance, and all the other poor design choices described in

Attached: xyhpqqm38ib31.png (599x607, 86K)

simple solution, stop using closed binary blob firmware drivers
cry more and get over it faggot
this bait gets worse every time you post, find a new meme, this "everything i don't like is tranny" shit is old

it's not bait

>simple solution, stop using closed binary blob firmware drivers
I would if OpenBSD could get 10% of Linux's market share and thus get the funding and developer manpower to reverse engineer them. As it stands, I'm either forced to use them, or stuck with very specific versions of hardware.

yes it is faggot, you are trying to "red pill" me into hating trannies which is a dumb meme, i don't care if some asshole dresses like an anime princess

>stop using closed binary blob firmware drivers
If the solution were that easy, then the Linux-libre kernel and Libreboot would be a hell of a lot more popular then they are now.

So they are trying to be like Apple, establishing a fully consistent interface design. The difference is that Apple has a fucking clue about good interface design, Gnome does not.

openbsd doesn't have any interest in doing that. in-tree linux drivers don't come from magical mysterious no-name "funding", they come from either the hardware companies themselves paying for them or from volunteers doing the reverse engineering

>Apple
>good design
Pick one

>Apple has a fucking clue about good interface No, no they don't.
I don't care either, but I do when they're forcing their low IQ designs in the Linux world.

Volunteers who contribute their time because Linux has such a huge reach and statistically they're able to find some such autists here and there. Plus, doesn't Linux have a program for grants and/or payments to helpful devs? I remember that one pajeet girl who made 300 commits adding "const" and got awarded something, but I forget whether it was monetary or just purely symbolic.

If gnome is so bad why does the creator of linux use it

>uses Ubuntu's custom sidebar meme extension
>this is somehow GNOME's fault
At least blame Canonical for it

Linus just uses Fedora with the default GNOME setup because he doesn't care about userland code and just wants to get access to his text editor, dev tools, and emails with the least amount of effort possible.

Pantheon is what GNOME developers want GNOME to be but can't make because GNOME is a complete clusterfuck.

Source? I hate reading text from images and want to read this from the original source.

Attached: 1541008599110.png (1140x641, 144K)

The performance is still not good after all this time

no one is forcing any designs, unironically install gentoo

>i don't care if some asshole dresses like an anime princess
Trannies aren't just cross dressers, and nobody would care if that's all it was
They do irreversible damage to themselves with hormone manipulation pills and horrific genital mutilation surgeries. An MtF tranny literally has an open wound they need to shove things in to keep from healing where their penis used to be and call it a "vagina". This process is called "dilating." FtM trannies have their vaginas sewn up and disgusting, limp meat sausages grafted on to their crotches and usually have severe chemical problems from doping themselves with testosterone - steroid abuse side effects without the muscle gain. There's a reason 45% of trannies kill themselves.

you are still trying to "red pill" me and i don't give a fuck

100% of OP will kill himself when he gets mad over a desktop environment that he doesn't even use

The biggest problem is that they are trying to copy iOS for a DE that 99% wont ever use with touch.
MacOS is far more open then Gnome in terms of customization.

A similar issue exists with VTE. A working patch was submitted to it that provides an API about the currently selected text in a virtual terminal, but it was closed with WONTFIX because it's not needed by Gnome-Terminal. So now there's two separate versions of VTE: one for Gnome-Terminal and one for literally every other terminal application that uses it.
bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=679658#c10

Because it's a featureless piece of dogshit without gay extensions which break after every fucking update, not to speak about the way you need to install them (shitty browser extension). I recently switched to KDE, which is finally stable and vastly superior in terms of almost everything. Fuck GNOME.

>built with javascript
>thinking the entire DE is built with js
Stopped reading after this, gnome is built mostly in C. Do some more research

>Pantheon is what GNOME developers want GNOME to be but can't make because GNOME is a complete clusterfuck.
PRETTY FUCKING MUCH
t. elementary user who ran the fuck away from Guhnome Three

>its usability is complete dogshit.
it's the main priority retard, if you come without knowing how to use it it will not work for you.
The workflow is made for maximum comfiness

>if you come without knowing how to use it it will not work for you.
where's the video of the paki trying to use google on a cell phone

>submit issue/bug
>"sorry that's a feature have sex"
>issue closed

Because stock GNOME is fucking unusable. The developers remove basic DE functionality and intuitiveness to satisfy some artistic "vision" they have for the Linux desktop. They try to force you into conforming to their retarded design philosophy by making it intentionally ummodular and confusing to change.

GNOME can be good, as shown by CentOS/Red Hat's default setup, but even that was a result of Red Hat strong-arming the GNOME devs into officially supporting all of the old features and style; features like a taskbar, a drop down menu, desktop icons, or a minimize button on windows.

Attached: Gnome-Desktop-CentOS-7.png (1276x770, 229K)

Because stock GNOME is pure sex.
The people who hate gnome are the ones who will never know what alt+f4 or alt+control+del does
it's great to have shortcuts for workspaces and an overview. Gets rid completely of the need of a dock/window list in a bar.
cringe, made for boomers who only know how to use windows xp and office on their computers

>imagine being so out of touch that Ubuntu and canonical look like the more sensible people
I hate this foot trannies like you wouldn't believe

The Gnome trannies are the Bethesda of the tech world

Is KDE any better?

I really don't care if it is, it works completely fine for me. using what you're comfortable with is all that matters, not listening to virgins telling you to jump to the lizard or something else. these are the same type of faggots that sperg out when they see somebody using windows or macOS

because it's trash
the developers are retarded, arrogant, and refuse to document anything because "if you want documentation, write it yourself"
their libraries are low quality, objectively trash (like holy shit gobject is nigger tier)

really, all i need to say is that they use javascript unironically for desktop projects, that basically sums up everything about them

I've been using vanilla Ubuntu 18.04 at work for few months already. It does its job and has never been a hindrance. The only bad thing I noticed was that if I left image viewer open for 2 weeks it would leak memory and grow to 3gb ram. Then again, I have 64gb ram, so I couldn't care less

Use XFCE+Compton or Openbox+xfce4-panel+Compton or KDE

Much better in every sense. In fact almost all desktop environments are better. Gnome has Red Hat behind so that's why it ships by default on systems like Debian but they can always go back to ship with xfce as the default. Fuck Gnome

I don't know, never used that shit.

No, it's slow and buggy. Just use Gnome, it's default for a reason.

I fucking hate this board

What?
This user here is just baiting or he simple has a different opinion, a very shitty and wrong one but still, what do you expect? Different people will like different stuff

this is right
don't listen the other guy, sounds like he's selling it

The same time Vista shit the bed, gnome shit the bed, it's better now for the same reasons but it was stupid

GNOME is just as buggy, and for no benefit
with KDE you at least get features for the bugs
In truth, just use XFCE, it's stable, lightweight, and has the features you need

Attached: Wayland_demo_2.png (1100x500, 375K)