It is official Python won

It is official Python won

Attached: Python won.png (617x631, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spectrum.ieee.org/static/interactive-the-top-programming-languages-2019
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck that Python and Java suck ass

good.

Python is good. I don't get why someone wouldn't like it.

WHERES RUST

Won what?
What did python win, a chart where you have the highest number for python and then no reference.

>did not read the bottom text

>Fuck that Python and Java suck ass
Drills and screwdrivers suck ass. Wrenches are the way to go. And not that crescent bullshit. Socket Wrenches are the patrician's tool. Only plebs use screwdrivers, and drills are total boomer tier.

As it should, python has, for a long time, been the best language for higher level programming, stuff that actually solves problems and links people together. It's only now that you losers realize that it's not practical to write everything in C, and exposing such low level detail, such as memory management and pointers, presents more problems than it solves for anything other than is kernels.

i randomly use python all the time, stuff like anaconda is god tier

There are people who aren't capable of accepting non-static strongly typed languages because they need the compiler to tell them about their mistakes instead of deliberately designing and testing their code.

There's also a bunch of boomers who don't understand the concept of virtualenvs, or who work in CS departments that don't teach their kids about virtualenvs, and are always perplexed when the global packages stop working when they stupidly upgrade them all constantly.

I love non-static strongly typed languages and I fucking hate Python.

which one do you prefer? :^)

17th

spectrum.ieee.org/static/interactive-the-top-programming-languages-2019

Java is the Allen bolt: only still used because of ubiquity, despite being demonstrably inferior to the Torx bolt.

not him, but Ruby

>Go
the day of the gopher draws near

i hope we've passed peak Go, what a turd

what is actually better about Ruby? They both suffer from GIL but Python actually has an amazing library.

>Ruby

Attached: D3Aeb8fX0AAb2ZR.jpg (799x1200, 105K)

As purely a matter of opinion: the syntax is first-rate (method chaining, blocks, etc.), the standard library is very rich (see the breadth of the array, hash, and string instance methods), and RVM and Gemfiles are a cleaner and more coherent way of dealing with versions and dependencies than virtualenv/venv/pyenv/Poetry/whateverthenewthingisnow. On the other hand, the set of available Python modules dwarfs Ruby's gems and the momentum is clearly behind Python. It'd be hard to justify using Ruby for a lot of projects these days, sadly; Python won that battle.

Ruby is just unpopular, unpythonic Python.

>R is more popular than JavaScript.
I'm sceptical.

It gets fifth place when you sort as "trending", jobs" (for which R is fucking twelfth) and virtually every other filter in the IEEE spectrup page.
The top 4 is immutable btw.