"x is bloated" -> the pinnacle of debility

Shut the fuck up you fucking incel
you use:
Clover (made in fucking java)
Discord (made in node.js with js and 15000 npm modules and electron)
i3 or KDE (both are retarded, and you are.)
VScode (made in electron/node.js)
Postman (electron/node.js)
so what's the point of using only "suckless" softwares if you are using these?

Attached: 1521305294-1480081450-ris42.png (224x168, 50K)

>Clover
?
>Discord
use homemade IRC client
>i3 or KDE
use Cinnamon
>VSCode
use Sublime
>Postman
use curl

I just use Raspbian. I'm not sure what your problem is, Mr. McBloaty.

As luck would have it, you only use alternatives, it's funny
when are you going to stop being a hypocrite?

Clover just werks tho. Discord is bloated, but I actually think this is the one only program that gets a pass for using electron because it's available on every platform even just browsers of it, which is better than performance for a messenger. The rest can fuck off they are pieces of shit.

And who the fuck is doing that exactly?

>Clover
Okay you got me here
>Discord
You got me again
>i3 or KDE
I was using it until last week, now I'm using MATE with Compiz 'cuz I want to keep my wobbly windows, blur and cube desktop :p
>VSCose
Same as KDE, now for now I think I'll just use Pluma (which ships with MATE) but I'll probably replace it with something else (Geany probably) or just switch back to VIM...
>Postman
I have a Google account so I just use GMail on browser on desktop and K-9 Mail on mobile

I don't use special snowflake software a.k.a. Suckless

if you use Linux and don't use curl wtf are you only iFags use postman

but i am not using any of those because there are better alternatives

that's why you don't have a job, who the fuck use curl to query your restapi 5000 times a week

so i should use the dumb shit you posted to support your point?

/thread

I use none of those.

lolwut i dont use any of these

Attached: rawr-x3.jpg (1280x720, 139K)

looks like the 8bit guy in makeup

how dare you associate him with some mentally unstable gun owner!!!

>Clover (made in fucking java)
i dont
>Discord (made in node.js with js and 15000 npm modules and electron)
i dont
>VScode (made in electron/node.js)
i dont
>Postman (electron/node.js)
i dont

nevertheless i agree with you about the x is bloated meme, i think people are sacrificing too much usability these days

>Compiz 'cuz I want to keep my wobbly windows, blur and cube desktop :p
super based and comfypilled

i don't even know any of your apps of choice kiddo
i'm the glorious edgerino lv 100 berserker from thell
all i use is terminal, i'm fucking old school bad ass alpha god

lo and behold you filthy!

Attached: 0.jpg (880x1024, 87K)

X is not just bloated, it's malengineered. Servers? Clients? Are you insane, just TRY sending a bit-perfect 4K 60fps stream to several machines. We have VNC to take care of everything X was made to be.
Writing to a display is/should be as simple as allocating a frame buffer and reading/writing. There, that's the whole idea. 50 lines of C code.

x isn't bloated, it's literally a window manager without any crap alongside it. i3bar and i3wm less than a gig of ram

>alongside it
What about inside it? Have you gone to look inside?

>look inside it
why would I? what exactly should make me look inside of it, it runs perfect without using more resources than it needs to

He didn’t mean X the window system. X is a wildcard here.

Why in gods name would you use a server to display anything, a server should only be used to SSH or access with FTP. You wanna display something get a PC

Really? Compared to what? Did you know just to send some bytes to your monitor, X needs to open an entire socket, with all sanity checks and other slow crap.

I know, right. Yet this is why xorg was made, to send a visual desktop over a network.

oh no! a whole socket
>other slow crap
unless your hardware is shit or you purposely bloated it, it shouldn't take more than a couple seconds to do anything

This is bait taken to the next fucking level, props to op for being a genius and managing to get so many yous or for being a retard and managing to get so many yous

Are you mentally deranged? No thank you, explorer.exe and dwm.exe use less RAM and run 10x smoother than any and all comparable Xorg DEs/WMs.

Why MATE instead of XFCE ?

>there's a camera over there
>and there's one behind the picture
oh mon dieu... you got us xD

Because Compiz was meant to be used with MATE (originally with GNOME 2), infact with MATE it works perfectly fine and it's still smooth and lightweight. I tried to use it with XFCE but I had some issues with gtk-window-decorator and workspaces. I tried to fix those issues but in the end I gave up and installed MATE.

I don't care if you use x or not but I don't get the hate for i3. I s it just because normies think their 1337 h4ckers with their terminals and shit or what?

Way to beg the question regarding i3 and kde, based retard.