Well this is fucking dissappointing...

well this is fucking dissappointing. 14 years after I got my first computer I would have expected for technology would have evolved up to the point to where a task as simple as browsing the web or watching a 1080p video on a laptop would have been a breeze. yet here we are, and I've been wanting to punch the shit out of this piece of shit laptop for quite a while now. good fucking god. how is this even acceptable at any level of technology in fucking 2019 is just appalling to me. is it like this when it comes to all computers Jow Forums? are the 4GB of slow RAM and HDD on this computer that much of a handicap or should I just throw the whole idea of building a gaming PC into the gutter?

Attached: Sem Título.png (3840x2160, 655K)

install gentoo

gentoo isn't used for gaming you silly goose

Attached: B83pLtICQAAoE-Y.jpg (1200x600, 87K)

>HDD
Found the problem. Install an SSD.

yeah I've been thinking about that for a while. are HDD really all that slow? I wonder why manufacturers still use them. it's absolutely disgusting that a computer would run so much slower than a smartphone despite having so much more power.

They're a whole new world. Spend $20 and get it. Desktops already have ssds coming out. Unsure of what manufacturers you're talking about

this laptop is from 2017 I believe and it still comes with an HDD, granted it's a pretty cheap laptop but still, the experience is absolutely abhorrent. wouldn't an extra 4GB of ram also make a huge difference?

Why did you take a screenshot of the image viewer showing a screenshot?

Anyway besides possibly having some sort of bloatware making the os halt i think that is a 5200rpm hard drive that windows 10 just destroys with its high hard drive usage.
I would say consider getting an 7200rpm drive or even better an SSD.
Also can you show us what programs are set to run on startup(you can see that via the task manager)

No, it's a fucking scam that isn't that much faster than a decent HDD.
Your problem is fucking Microsoft Windows 10 on a low-end PC. Install GNU with a decent non-accelerated desktop and be happy.

>buy 250 dollar laptop
>WTF WHY CANT I PLAY 4K120FPS VIDEOS

They're faster and Windows 10 utilizes the higher I/o absolutely crippling a HDD.

Short answer: buy a SSD.

Long answer: pajeet has shit up every code base on the planet so now it takes obscene levels of performance to do something as basic as browse a web page. Which, btw, is now larger and consumes more RAM, disk space (caching), and CPU cycles then entire GUI OSes used to consume.

it was a 1080p video at like 30fps you fucking retard and it lagged well over a minute before opening an episode with only 3 tabs on chrome running.

how come when the i5-7200U is more than enough for basic tasks, the problem is the RAM/HDD or both clearly. fuck anything that isn't windows 10 btw I've been using this shit for 14 years now lmao you really think anyone's going to jump ship at this point

there are thousands of possible reasons why you experienced these issues.
protip: your hardware is most definitely not the problem. even a fucking raspberry pi 3, which is a 35€ (thirty five euro) computer, can play 1080p videos without stuttering.

how do people like you even stumble upon chinese cartoon tech imageboards

Attached: 2019-09-07_22_12_45.png (438x260, 13K)

what you idiot I haven't used a computer in a long time

what are you trying to say

Attached: what_the_fuck_am_I_reading.png (400x400, 19K)

is formatting this pc the best option tho 'cause I'd really love to solve these issues without having to spend money

install gentoo

>is formatting this pc the best option tho 'cause I'd really love to solve these issues without having to spend money
stop being a cheap bastard and get a ssd, reinstall windows. it's not that complicated.

that's low end af, all of it

build a ryzen/navi build

you got chinked

the whole goal now is to make sub-$500 laptops absolute trash so that you're forced to buy one of their more expensive options

the based way to go about getting around this is to buy a cheap used business laptop, install an SSD/RAM upgrade, then build a modern desktop. Because my 9 year old latitude I picked up yesterday is faster than that trash you have

Just buy a ssd
I used to have an ultra book with an core m processor, the reason why it felt so snappy initially in Windows then switched entirely to Linux was because of the SSD. They're not a meme and because of them shit hardware + mediocre proceser + SSD = Chromebook a fairly tollerable experience because of the inclusion of an SSD

My phone costs more than $500, just get a job and save up for a couple months and spend double that on a modern and new computer

>well this is fucking dissappointing.
get used to it, fucko