Laptop Thread

What laptop are you currently using?

How much did you pay for it?

How do you like it?

Attached: __tsukino_mito_apple_inc_and_etc_drawn_by_akasaai__ede9d1a130087908d3d4e371d231b440.jpg (1200x760, 102K)

x230
200e
it's hot garbage
tfw fell for the thinkpad meme

some garbage laptop called asus x541uvk
But I mean I run a very customised linux setup, so power of the computer itself never matters to me that much

x61s for writing (tho its hot and i need to repaste the cpu)
x260 for taking to places and using as a modern machine
paid £40 for the x61s, got he dvd drive dock for £20, very nice aside from the heat
paid £350 for the x260 and got the 72wh battery from amazon, like it a lot as well, tho the old keyboard is much better
ive been converted to the top trackpad buttons+trackpoint meme

Bought an acer Nitro 5 its fuckign shit and my keyboard does not work anymore ive had it for 2 years i hate my 17 year oldself for falling for a meme gayman laptop

Attached: acerr.jpg (466x316, 27K)

>MacBook Pro 13 2019
>birthday gift from parents
>very

Acer something something, got an AMD A10 APU and only 4 gigs of RAM but still runs like a charm on KDE
pretty happy with it considering that it's like 6 years old and I only use it to shitpost and write a bit of code while I'm away

Asus zenbook from 2015
700 leafbux
Yes, still going strong, no reason to replace

>X220, with a few upgrades
>~£200
>It's pretty dated. I love the kb and all the ports but it's really worn out and really shows its' age. I won't be getting a used laptop again.

Ultralight/Thin Laptop:
>Pixelbook
Personal Laptop:
>MacBook Pro 15''
Work Laptop:
>Razer Blade Advanced 1060

I originally just had the Pixelbook and the Blade but I wanted something without gaming shit all over it. I still do my work on the Razer though

>Thinkpad

>About 200

>its great

>What laptop are you currently using?
Dell Latitude 3580
>How much did you pay for it?
It was ~$1,000 at the time? Don't recall
>How do you like it?
Not the best. Feels cheaply made and it gets hot under load. Only 720p display.

>12" Retina Macbook 2015
>1400 euros or something
It's nearly perfect, the only downside being performance for heavier tasks but hey, it's fanless and I'd rather take 2 seconds longer than ever hearing a fan again.

Dell G3 15 3590 (top spec)
1000€
It doesn't look like a gaymer laptop, it has good performance, several ports, and a good screen. It's the best compromise for all use cases I have. So far I'm satisfied.

Attached: G3_15_3590_right_angle_exterior_Eclipse_Black.png (1438x1078, 523K)

HP envy
$700
It's alright so far, I've had it less than a week and have really done much with it. Windows 10 a shit, I probably should've gotten MacOS

Predator Helios 500, Intel variant. Got it last December, €2000 new.
Weighs about 9lbs (over 10lbs with the aluminum cooler under it and the wooden board it sits on over me in bed), comfy as fuck.

Attached: lxpic1_090418.jpg (1200x637, 77K)

x250
217 american dollars
i like it a lot

Surface pro 3 for portability $420
Alienware 15R4 for mobile gaymen and heavy work. $1100
Servers at home do all the heavy lifting now days. Moonlight is a treat on the surface.
Work is getting me a surface book 2. Might hold off for Oct and see what new lineup there is. Either way I'm blowing $2kUSD on some surface book.

Samsung Chromebook 3 XE500C13
I paid $20 for it
I'm neutral with it, although I wish it was faster and has a better OS

I had an Asus X401 with the celeron B830

>AMD A10
Bazed and Redpilled

t40
36 dollars
I like it, but it's slow and I mostly use it just for writing documents, I bought a t430 but it arrives on the 11th.

I understand the 200e, everyone knows that the edge line is shit. but what's wrong with the x230? thinking about getting one.

Thinkpad X1 Carbon 6th gen. Fell for the thinkpad meme

Asus Zenbook UX501VW, I believe.
1800 eurobucks. Cooling is insufficient, because Zenbook, but the monitor is 4k, nvme ssd is 512 GB, battery is enough for a day of school (I'm in my last year), 16 GB RAM, though the GPU is shit (960m).

Bought it so I could buy an external GPU, to use with Thunderbolt 3.

I think I've overpayed for it, but it's a nice laptop generally. Not great, but nice.

Intel 6700HQ, btw

Same, x250 is comfy

t400
$60 including the cheap Kingston SSD I put in it.
It's okay for what it is. I do most of my work on my desktop, but it's good enough for when I need to take my computer somewhere. Soon I'm just gonna start SSHing into my desktop with it though.

Thinkpad W520
440€ a few years ago
The only thing I don't like much is the TN screen, especially its pwm backlight

Notebook Dell i15-3567-m30p Intel Core i5 7200U 15,6" 4GB HD 240GB SSD

(I'm poor)

Attached: file.png (810x590, 286K)

Surface 3.
Paid ~$200 for it(used), came with a dock, pen, case and other stuff.
It was just good enough,until security patches for Intel cpu's got installed.
Now it got VERY slow.
Otherwise, you can actually use it to draw(I recommend upgrading pen to a newer model) and I just like the form factor and BASED 3:2 aspect ratio.
Waiting for Ryzen-based surface to upgrade.

Thinkpad W510
80€ with docking station and 16 gigs(for some reason)

Some asus laptop. It's ok for university, considering I've only paid 800 euro. The battery lasts for around 5 hours which is shit but at least there are plenty of power sockets. The specs are an i7 8750h and a 1050ti plus 16gb of ram

>steaming shitheap
>perfect

Attached: 1554563008535.jpg (2048x1536, 765K)

Latitude E5450 (i5-5300U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 14" 1080p IPS)
230€ including a docking station
just werks and is well built

>X1 carbon 4th gen
>400€
It just werks

rec me a good laptop to use for pen-testing/hacking.

Been using a Surface Pro 4.
Was given to me [spoiler]by my supervisor at the end of my internship.[/spoiler]
Had it factory reset, and now it keeps wanting to update.
It's just for college and watching anime. I'm a bit ass-mad at how expensive accessories for the damn thing is.

MSI GS65 Stealth
A lot
I love it, it’s not hot and it’s more powerful than my current desktop

Currently using an Acer Chromebook 14 the last year. It was a quick stand-in purchase when my last laptop died.

>good screen, killer battery life, great for Internettin'
>iffy keyboard, no proper MS Office, online only sucks

I'm hoping to switch to a Windows laptop, but trying to find a sub €800 laptop with a good screen and keyboard is surprisingly hard. Screens and keyboards on cheaper laptops are shit.

this years 13 inch macbook pro
upgraded RAM and ssd made it expensive as ass but I didn't pay for much of it so I don't mind. It gets a little too hot for my liking (in reality rarely over 50-60 but I prefer it to be cold to the touch), but overall nice
plan to buy x230 for nonwholesome activities like lolis and erping

Why the fuck is everyone drawing this vtuber? Some artists that were AWOL for years suddenly came back to draw this vtuber, it's annoying.

Dell XPS 13. 2017 model w/ an i5.
I wish the keyboard clicked a little bit more, gave me punchier feedback.

I wish it was quieter too, but I guess it's served its job well. good for college, very small fits into the backpack nice.

2014 11'' macbook air
around $700
>How do you like it?
it's pretty nice but I need a windows laptop since im going to start using some software that's not available on macOS, also current macbooks are shit

does anybody have any experience with my options?
>msi PS42 8RC
>asus zenbook UX433
>msi GF62

I need something light yet powerful, I already have a powerful desktop at home

mbp 13 2017 with touch bar i7 / 16GB / 1TB

1350 euro (1 year second hand; it was 3k when new)

8.5/10, the only drawback is the faulty keyboard design on these 2016-2019 models, for which I had to get it fixed (for free, since apple gave them all a 4 year keyboard warranty). The bright side is they changed the screen, top case and the logic board, so I got a new laptop apart from the metal chassis.

x240
Thinkpads are amazing shut the fuck up

>Pixelbook
Nice meme

>Macbook
itoddler btfo

>Razer

Unironically using gaming products, non the less for work. Unironically not using a thinkpad.

Unironically not using a thinkpad for personal and work.

Unironically needing a ultralight laptop.

T410
$250
Meh.

Ironically being a sperg?

Used T470, almost new condition
$230
A lot. Coming from T420 and T430, it has more than double the battery life and a considerably less dogshit screen. Also I should be able to upgrade 2 years from now and sell it at the same price I bought it.

> memepad t440p
> u$d 200
> i love it :)

>x220
>£120
>quality is OK (not the insane quality Jow Forums memes you into thinking). keyboard is nice for typing essays though.

T450
$250 plus probably around $200 for upgrades
Its OK

x1 carbon 3rd gen (i5 5300u, 8gb ram)
$180usd
it's great, needed the bump in resolution for some software that's windows only, appreciated the extra battery life over my x201t. upgraded to an ips screen but nothing is as good as the ~440nit anti reflective the x201 had. i regretslightly over not getting a 4th gen carbon. 3rd gen supports pci-e ssd but not NVMEwhich are impossible to find for a not absurd price. keyboard is better than i expected, backlight is very useful at night in a car

XPS 15 9570
$1599 (4k, 32GB ram, 1tb nvme, 1050ti)
Yes, best laptop I've ever owned.

Attached: 1538930197207.jpg (900x900, 124K)

Thinkpad T520
About $114
It's pretty good. Keyboard feels great.

Satellite s50d
0$
shit kb, flimsy shell
decent performance, nice screen, good battery

MSI GS65 stealth
Around $1700
I do little PC gaming. It's ok. Very well built and the battery life is fantastic.

Some shitty hp laptop

MacBook Pro 2018
$2200 (Former job paid for half)
>How do you like it?
It's alright. I started liking it more when I stopped programming as much and focused more on art or music production. Still overpriced hot garbage despite only paying $1100 for it

XPS 13
I fell for the "you don't need USB A ports in 2019 bro" meme.

Attached: 1566213950514.jpg (739x415, 19K)

HP Spectre x360 2017 model
like $1,300 or something i forget
>How do you like it?
Loved it, was great while I was in school
performant as hell, 4k, stylish.
Waiting for HP to announce their new Icelake version of the spectre x360 so i can get it

Attached: 1566872075335.jpg (1024x974, 89K)

>laptop
HP Omen, lastest model with 1060, 60hz, thunderbolt 3
>price
900 usd
>How do you like it?
This thing is a tank and has really good battery life in low power modes while still being fast. Should last a good 5 years. Ergonomics and performance are also great, and the display is perfect

I'm planning on downsizing my desk and thinking of a laptop with thunderbolt so i can eventually get a GPU dock. Anyone try this?

2012 MacBook Pro.
I don't remember, but usual overpriced Apple hardware.
It's pretty good, had it for almosr 4 years already with no problems. I'm actually quadbooting on it right now with Elementary, Kali, MacOS and Windows.

I'm also curious about this

>Surface Book 2
>Parents
>Very, but afraid to install Manjaro

you'd probably be better off either getting a gayming laptop or building a mini itx computer

t440p
90$
it has the best price/performance ratio of all previous computers ive owned

T440s
about $500 for the fully upgraded version, purchased it used (business had a contract with lenovo). had it for several years now.
>How do you like it?
it's pretty great, starting to feel the age creep up but it runs debian like a champ.

>w541, specs related
>$380
>its so nice. i want a new 9 cell, and i need to get the colorimeter working and swap out this shitty touchpad for one that does multitouch

Attached: bento2.png (662x523, 41K)

I'm looking to replace my 2013 MBA, as it's starting to feel a bit old, a nicer newer screen, more RAM and a bit more storage are essential... Not sure what to go with. Whenever i start looking at alternatives i inevitably start looking at stuff that's comparable in price, so i'm thinking of something in the ballpark of £800-1200

If it wasn't for the keyboard i'd probably be considering a refurbished MBP.

W500 - I got into a bidding war and ended up paying about £90 including postage, two chargers and a docking station. It has all the options but only 4GB of RAM, which can be upped to 8 cheaply. Overall nice though I prefer my D630. Might just sell the W500 and get an E6410 instead.

>XPS
>better alternative
my nigga

macbook pro 2019

unironically loving the keyboard plus it has 4 years warranty on the keyboard due to previous model failures, so I´m beating it

HP Elitebook 820 G2
200 eur.
8.5/10, because the i5 5200U is a bit too slow and I can't upgrade it, but that's my fault; and you can't use the mouse and touch pad at the same time.
Other than that it's fucking great.

Anyone know repairable 2in1 devices?
My Surface is almost five years old at this point and the battery will probably soon die.
For my next machine I want something where I can actually replace the battery and do basic repairs, maybe even exchange the RAM, at need.
It also needs to work properly on Linux. For my Surface I needed to recompile the kernel, which was a bit annoying.

>Thinkpad X1 Carbon, 3rd gen i7 5500U, 8GB RAM, 1440p touch variant, upgraded storage from 190GB to 1TB
>$600 equivalent in NOK, used, battery was barely charged three times, as new
>best laptop I've ever used. battery life is a bit shit, though.

ThinkPad T430
I think I paid 190€ or something for it, but I got memed a little since it was advertised as having Nvidia discreet graphics (it doesn't) and a fingerprint scanner (nope). Doesn't bother me all that much so I didn't return it. Works great otherwise, it's very comfy. The keyboard is kinda lame but I plug in a mechanical anyway. I'll probably get an x220/x230 or something soon since I want to go even smaller. I got it running Win 7 POS Ready atm.

Attached: Kpop-Star-Suzy-Lenovo-Brand-Ambassador-in-SE-Asia.jpg (1000x627, 116K)

Precision M6800

>i7-4910
>16GB 1600Mhz
>980M from a self upgrade.

It's a fucking brick and can likely stop handgun caliber bullets. I've sunk in way too much money on it (~$1100) and I plan on sinking an ungodly amount of money on an M4800 upgraded from the finest in Chinkware because this thing will kill me in five years.

Elitebook 8770w
~300.
A lot, but all my other laptops up to this point had been cheap shit that you could buy new for like $300.

Compaq CQ56

0$ for the laptop itself, 15$ for 2x2GB of ram, 20$ for a new battery

It's great, running Debian stable + XFCE right now

Anyone own a Yoga 720/730? What do you think of it?

Thinkpad X250, got it for like 180€ and put in a second ssd for 25€. It doesn't have the internal battery tho but a new one is like 50€, so I will do that later

T400
laptop: ~$70 used
new, higher power charger: ~$15
battery: ~$20

yes

>Sony VAIO
>stolen from sister
>not bad

T480s
Love it

Lenovo Y520-15ikba
600€
It's pretty good. Getting Windows 7 to run on it wwas kind of a pain because lenovo officially only supplies Win10 drivers.

I have my eye on a 5€ Thinkpad X20 on ebay rn. I think it could be fun.

X250. Paid $320. I wanted the i7-5600u and the 1080p screen. It also came with maxxed out memory, a 512gb SSD, and the super bigass battery. This thing has like 14 hours of battery life if I'm working at it.

X60 with a T7200. Even got a free 32GB SSD to go with it. Comfy web browsing machine.

Paid 55eur for it. Which is imo too much, but ive been looking for an X6* for quite a while.

HP Pavilion 15t
$600

it's ok

Thinkpad E580

Around 5k PLN

The best laptop I've been using so far.

Attached: IMG_20190903_185936.jpg (3840x2160, 3.41M)

Shitty 2015 Toshiba notebook.
500£.
Not at all.

huawei d 14. it was fairly cheap, good built quality, decent specs, decent battery, pretty loud fan and mediocre screen.
works for me

I loved my Sony Vaio but the keyboard was terrible.

I'd say you did good. The CPU is soldered and the T7200 is one of the best for that chipset

>Around 5k PLN
>for E series trash
overpaid like crazy bruh, bought t480s for less and that was a year ago

I'm using a laptop with 4th gen Intel CPU lmfao

4799 PLN exactly
What are your specs & where do you live?

Attached: Screenshot_20190908-152420.png (1080x2160, 182K)