I5 9400F

Why isn't this hailed as a God tier budget option? Even middle-end one as well..
Mainly against AMD, this doesn't get any light shedded on it

Attached: 19-117-981-V01.jpg (640x480, 33K)

2300X exists

the only thing the 9400F is good at is gayming and even in this case it's not always faster than current ayymd solutions

lul

Attached: 1564192711908.png (1016x585, 1.06M)

Also, what even is i3 9100F? Almost as good as the 9400F

>4cores
LEOL

Mainly because it's a stutterfest as seen in but it only gets worse as you stack on all the required security mitigations for the BARE MINIMUM security possible. There's like 40+ I believe if you include all the new sidechannel attacks that render half of the existing security mitigations useless.

It's an even BIGGER stutterfest, the lack of HT on these things is a huge detriment to the low 1% FPS.

>6 threads
LOL

Attached: 1567190327382.jpg (1080x1440, 758K)

100 dollars more. Or euros where I live anyway

It is cheaper than 3600, and smacks ryzen 3s

Too bad about the massive frame stuttering and SSD performance being sliced in half else I'd reccommend it desu.

I don't possess cp

For the record, I'm about to build a new pc. The low low price tile fps doesn't worry me much, but I'm very much afraid of stuttering. The whole reason why I ditched my old pc with i7 4790k. Is the stuttering real bad then? If yes, and it's actual stuttering, not just frame drops, what do you recommend?
My future gpu is rtx 2060 super BTW, also 16 gb of ram.

Ps. My old stutter experience, constant, good fps on fh4 (example) but completely unplayable idk what was the problem desu

Cores, they REALLY do matter and they'll matter even more in ~2 years when the new consoles powered by the Ryzen™ technology are going to be dictating what kind of hardware is favored by literally 99.9% of all the next-gen videogames.
You might look at the FPS counter and think to yourself "oh hey, this isn't that bad, it's almost the same FPS as the AMD flagships!" but what you should actually be looking at are the horrific frametimes and stutter spikes and those are going to get worse with each passing year.

Look, if you can't help but gobble Intel's cock, just do yourself a favor and get a decent i7 or even an i9 if you're wealthy but don't even think about getting memed into an i5 or god forbid a fucking i3

Attached: 1543725256080.jpg (589x607, 218K)

Ok Moshi

Attached: blowit.jpg (376x429, 20K)

Doesn't matter, those security patches are literally the most stripped down bare minimum security that you can practically have when you really think about it. Also big brother already has your data through stock android/iOS anyway, the REAL thread is your data being mined on server farms which will get neatly packaged into a RAR file and sold to the highest bidder on the darknet.

Worst part is such an attack would be completely invisible to not only you but your anti-virus as well. No alarms would go off and by the time you were made even remotely of what happened all your money would already be in a shipping container headed to russia/china.

Exactly, you seem to understand why it's pointless to be worried about privacy breaches etc.

Also, seems like this thread, this board in general is the only place putting off Intel, especially in this thread, I5. Mainly the stutter issue. Elsewhere you just don't hear about Intel, but regardless, I don't see anyone in particular complaining about stuttering on 9400f, much less 9600k

You (sadly) get used to it. Just like your SSD performance being axed in half. pic related: V1 spectre and meltdown ONLY

Attached: 1558039242262.jpg (700x421, 33K)

it sucks

9400f doesn't come with a cooler

2200g exists

from what I understand lately, the Intel I5's went from being "a good bargain for gaming performance" to being "incredibly mediocre" in the latest few generations. You want midrange CPU for gaming, then AMD's R5 is supposedly king.

if you don't like stuttering why buy Intlel or Nvidia? I tried multiple GPUs when I had my last system (7950, Core i5 3450) and I didn't notice stuttering until I ended up with a 680 (free though so I'm not mad) ended up with an RX570 and Ryzen 1600, no stutter. Upgraded to a Vega 56 and 2600x for free later :)

>AMD's R5 is supposedly king.
not supposedly, it is. and if you do anything else on top of gaming.

this. R5 2600 is based and cheap af

The real fun part is how the 680 was the source of the stutter. I bought a modern monitor so I needed something more powerful, figured the 680 would push it fine. Wrong, ended up with constant stuttering- blamed it on the CPU, upgrading CPUs didn't fix it. Seems like my old Ivy Bridge shitbox is still chugging along fine at 720p, but only with an AMD GPU. Current gen Nvidia is a stutter-fest on one of my customer's PCs, to the point he's thinking about Navi. Raytracing is out of the question, they currently just don't have the raw horsepower to bring you a good experience.

Are you retarded, yes it does, all non overclockable chips come with Intels shitty cooler.

SSD performance during certain niche mainly database tasks.

Wow, it's fucking nothing

Because it's worse than the 2600 while costing slightly more.
Also the cooler is shit, and all the security gaps are legitimately scary.

import from Germany, since you live in the EU

6c/6t cpus are hard to get excited over.
>only good for gaming
So fine for 90% of desktop PC consumers? Most people who build this shit play games. The 9400f is faster than any AMD cpu at its price point of $140
The 9400f is usually $60 cheaper than a 3600.

>6t
into the trash it goes

2500k gang
Stock cooler an not overclocked in the current year

>tfw 2630QM lasted me very long because it had hyperthreading

hyper threading can help, but really only on dual or quad cores.

Once you have 6 or 8 real cores, hyper threading becomes sorta meh, since most things are never gonna use more than 6 or 8 threads at a time anyway.

I'm still using a i5-3570k clocked it at 4.5ghz

Attached: 1553212312820.jpg (173x215, 11K)

That's random 4KB read.
Your OS block size is in 4KB.
You fucking retard.
Why do you think going from a 400-500MB/s to a 2GB+/s NVME drive gives you only like 5% better loading times?

Lack of iGPU kills it for non-gaming applications and it has worse 0.1% lows than even the 2600. So it's actually worse than AMD's chips at 60hz. 6c6t is getting a bit long in the tooth to buy into the chip at this point.

Decent chip for budget VR or a 1080p144hz build though because FPS/$ far exceeds anything AMD has to offer.

If the low 1% makes the experience a vomit comet experience why recommend it over a 2600?

Also I notice that most benchmarks use a fucking 2080ti for some retarded reason. How bad is the CPU bottleneck if you say get an Rx 5700?

Basically nonexistent. Hell even the 2080ti's CPU bottleneck goes away the moment you move up to settings people actually use.
Mind you if AMD actually releases the 3500 anytime soon it'll be a moot point.