Multi-monitors

How many monitors you use right now
How many more do you want to add
How useful is using more than 1/2 actually?

Attached: 13-0004031.jpg (1166x656, 86K)

two
none
wouldn't know

how long until 4k 144hz prices drop down?

Attached: richard pryor.png (768x1024, 1.21M)

Fuck that large long position on aapl. I'm pretty sure this fag is unemployed today.

one for media/browsing/koding one for gaming
no reason to have more

Attached: monitorasts.png (522x241, 8K)

Not sure about a third
I think 3 maybe: Dreamweaver, coding IDE /or Adobe app, actual site running in 4 different browsers. Good to quickly gauge responsive looks in various broswers

Attached: Ridley.jpg (201x251, 5K)

unless you are a code monkey a extra monitor does nothing

Back when I was wage slaving I had three set up when my work laptop was docked (counting the laptop screen itself).
One of the monitors was for coding, the other was for database stuff and the laptop screen was for slacking off/checking email.
Two monitors lets you get information from one full screen program to another, but very very rarely did I find the need for more, in fact most of my coworkers (who did do a different job than me) kept their laptop closed when their was docked, and only used the two actual monitors.
Unless you need to do full screen side by side comparisons of more than two things, or you need some screen that is always up and running even while you look at other things, going more than two probably isn't worth it.

Anything but 21:9 permanently used ins split screen is objectively the wrong answer. It's like working with 2 borderless 4:3 monitors, while not bound to that format when it sucks: When gaming.

up to 25 but usually just 7
whatever I can find for free
I think up to 4 has reasonable utility

i have music player and anime girl on second monitor
bury useful

Attached: kon kon.png (900x536, 104K)

3 at work, 3 at home.
No plans to get more, but will dabble with 3 16:10's in portrait soon.

Attached: office-desk-supermicro.jpg (1280x960, 319K)

Home setup.
The displays usually get used for entertainment, text editor and web browser. With unimportant stuff like messenger programs taking up narrow slices.

Attached: photo_2019-09-07_22-26-36.jpg (1280x853, 98K)

1 1080p plus occasionally a macbook's screen, which is typically in clamshell mode

tried 3 monitors, too much for my needs
had 2 for a long time, and I actually I find it a bit distracting, as I tend to load it with a twitch stream

I'll probably need the second screen back for webdev, coding or video editing. Will see if macbook's will be enough

>How many monitors you use right now
Two, a 43" 4k 60hz, and a 27" 1440p 144hz
>How many more do you want to add
Zero
>How useful is using more than 1/2 actually?
Not sure as I only have two. But two is a good deal more useful than one since you can have reference material open on the 2nd panel while focusing your attention on the primary display.

I use 3
I am fine with the 3

I found my triple monitor setup at goodwill, only paid $60. Can have screen recording and youtube open on the side while gaming in main montitor. Super useful.

Attached: muh desktop.png (4240x1119, 3.51M)

I have 3, one is dedicated for media
2 is the maximum you can use in productivity. Office drones can't alt tab, they can't ctrl + w, ctrl +t, ctrl + shift + t etc
they're complete morons and unable to learn basic hotkeys to make them perform tasks 10 times faster. Nearly any neet can replace up to 10 of them if neets actually had attention spans or social skills.

1.two. one 1440p one 4k.
2.dont wanna add any the amount is perfect right now
3.not very useful.

Why would you want a filthy kike to get his next yacht faster?

Nice Atari. How much did you pay for all that? They've gotten so pricey for complete sets

I've switched to just a laptop (W530) that never moves from its stand, and one external 24 inch 1920x1200 Dell U2412M monitor

Same as me, except the 3rd point, for me it is...

>stand
You mean the dock?

I have two and I think that is the max my desk setup can comfortably fit. I find myself using both a lot, so I get reasonable utility out of them. One is portrait which is a really nice meme for terminals.

Attached: DMVttkA.jpg (585x900, 361K)

No I don't have a dock. It's just a metal monitor stand like this

Attached: fashion-laptop-stands-aluminum-stand-for-notebook-holder-with-cooling-function-universal-metal-brack (800x797, 28K)

Two, one in portrait mode
None
I don't think I'd have a real need for more as I'm only doing pretty simple web stuff

At home I'm comfy with 2, but at work I'd like a third. I will probably ask for it

Three
None
For general use I'd say 2 is enough, but I like to have an extra one in portrait mode for reading.

3, 4 if you count my laptop screen

1-3

Very useful. I hate working on anything other than my 3 screen setup

This, I'm thinking of getting one for uni ... but I connect to my t440p so not sure if it could handle a 144hz and normal 1080p monitor

3 monitors:
24" 1080p TN as the main monitor (gaming/regular browsing)
Vertical 24" 1080p IPS for Jow Forums/f2k/doujin
4k 27" for videos/YT

>unmatched multi-monitors

Attached: 1547037230917.png (687x720, 414K)

Pretty useful for development and working from home, IDE in one window, docs/output in the other. A third might be nice but I have 2 23'' which is plenty of real estate for me.

Attached: Thank+you+based+doge+_301f4c059c73d8b78555c492ff0908be.png (747x1012, 1.11M)

Two FullHDs which I am going to swap to one 4K. After having one there is no way back. Code editing su much comfier.

As long as their pixel density is similar, i'm fine with it.

It's when you've got wildly different pixel densities, it starts to irk me.

2 x 43" UHD
2 x 38" Ultrawide QHD
1 x 12" HD
1 x 65" OLED

The computer was the cheapest bit, £15 at a car boot sale. The Megafile was £50 off eBay and the floppy drive was £40 (need to get my thumb out and butcher a gotek adaptor so I don't need to modify the enclosure)

Attached: amiga-1200.jpg (4000x6000, 3.93M)

three verticals

im about to pull the trigger bros. this is for watching 4k media. good deal?

Attached: LG 27UD58-B 27%22.png (713x542, 264K)

Super useful. Main monitor for browsing/gaymin monitor 2 runs system information in real time, monitor 3 is my "slop" window for media playback, file browser, and download managers.

Main "Monitor"
Some Zenith HDTV 27" 1360x768 and 1080i
(Framerate > Resolution)
A very good quality of image, surprisingly good colors
Second monitor (Left)
Asus V223W for movies, YT or else while I play

5 in total just because.
dvi
dvi
hdmi(to dvi)
Displayport daisy chained to 2 moniors

I have a dedicaded verical Monitor on top so I can lean back an wank of to doujinshi properly.

2 at home, 3 at work (MSP)
3 seems ideal
2 is infinitely better than 1, 3 seems better than 2 if you frequently use remote software or virtual machines.

They are 3 lg ips panels from 2013 and 2 dell ultrasharp from 2018 by the way. All of them 1080p

one for monitoring weather models
one for monitoring amateur radio
one for shitposting

thinking about one more

two
two is great for productivity, 3 would be the maximum I guess, but more than 2 is close to autism

>multimonitor
What is this 2005?

Attached: https___blogs-images.forbes.com_forbes-finds_files_2019_08_monitorpic-1200x675.jpg (960x540, 100K)

3 at home
None at the moment.
I can watch videos on my main monitor. Jow Forums is always open on my right monitor. The 3rd monitor above my main can have a second browser for other stuff or I can put the video there if I'm doing something as on my main.

I also use 3 at work. Main monitor is where I do my work. Left monitor is where the main program is at. Windows from that open on my main monitor. Right is for the internet when I need to look stuff up. I kinda want a 4th since all monitors are 4:3. Maybe a widescreen in the middle would actually work too since I don't have any more room on my desk to fit a 4th monitor.

I just bought and LG 27uk850-w to use with my mbp. It’s pretty massive for my needs (programming and school work). I was using at 15in mbp since 2013 until now so maybe it will start to feel normal after a few months

two
1 or 2
More the 2 depends on what you want to do. A lot of time I a game running in one window with youtube and shit while i do most productive shit on the first monitor. I'd like a third one just for ps tv emulation or a pc just for emulating games.

too many. I hate myself

Attached: 5384cd47-6dff-4826-8a01-7ec310f499fc..jpg (1094x403, 50K)

32in 4K VA for editing video
1440P TN to shitpost
1080p TN screen to view files

Attached: MUH PC Bro.jpg (5472x3648, 973K)

Anyone legitmately using multi monitors is a manchild that needs to grow the fuck up.. Quit trying to larp like you're in dues ex or some shit.

>what is productivity

If you need more than one monitor to be productive you need to be medicated.

3: 2 for general tasks and 1 cintiq pro for drawing
more than 1: useful for working and watching videos at the same time
more than 2: cintiq pro is a breddy gud tablet and i feel like it has helped me grow as a drawfig

shit bait M8
go play some video gaymes, we have work to do

>everything i dont like is bait
Grow the fuck up kid

Which stand? Does it wobble when your typing hard or banging on the desk?

Just got a big 4k Monitor. that's all I need

One ulttawide

I wish I had more but I don't have the gpu space for it

>I was using at 15in mbp since 2013 until now so maybe it will start to feel normal after a few months
It will feel normal after a few days. I used a 17" laptop for 6 years and 15" for 3. Then i got a thinkpad+dock and 24" monitor.

The Amiga 1200 was my first ever machine, I was 4 years old at the time.

I have so many comfy memories playing UFO enemy unknown with my dad while he say next to me painting his battletech minis.

>that bulge
OwO

maybe replace 1080x2560 (pivot) at some point with second uhd.
changing main to uhd (mostly office, some gaming) was a good choice for me and was more helpful to me than a second monitor. opensuse sometimes messes up display layout but then runs for days.

I use 3 4k monitors. Two because I'm autistic about having games/videos be in fullscreen and the third cause it got replaced by the other two so I figured might as well keep it around.

Honestly though if you don't care about windowed games or don't mind sticking to just watching a movie in fullscreen without doing anything else then one 4k monitor is more than enough.

I have two.
Eizo CS230 from my previous work and recently I bought Dell U2719D.
Having two different monitors is bad, but still better than having one monitor.
Not sure if I need a third, even though I'm a programmer. It would either be not used, forcibly used for fullscreen youtube or logs, which for me is not practical at all.

Two 23" 1080p at work on a fancy stand, three 24" 1080p at home on a cheap stand. Two is mandatory, three is for fun.

as many that can fit on my desk
Better multitasking

I have two. One is my main monitor, one is my youtube monitor.
I think multiple monitors is usually pretty useless, and the people who tout how great they are often just end up wasting most of the screen real estate with useless whitespace.

Attached: __kaname_madoka_mahou_shoujo_madoka_magica_drawn_by_ixy__848cfad87765477f4e4495ecaa276fd2.jpg (534x934, 123K)

I use 2.5 screens. 2 regular monitors that I use for work and other stuff and laptop screen I use for misc stuff and shenennigans

2 monitors and a laptop screen is the best setup I've had.

>1 for main activity
>1 for reference material for main activity
>Laptop screen for Slack, emails, slacking off, etc