Attached: pepe.jpg (286x256, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Intel_graphics#Tearing
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NVIDIA/Troubleshooting#Avoid_screen_tearing
youtu.be/FNuotRFDH7c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why doesn't xfce go the wayland route
don't they use gtk3 already? that shit is wayland compatible

4.14? Only on arch maybe and the solution is just to uncheck the "enable display composition" under the compositor tab and then re-check it. On void it's working perfectly.
t. debian user with 4.12 still requiring compton

I just tried Xubuntu 19.04 and Trisquel mini. I tried that trick and it didn't work. Neither on the BSDs with xfce.
I'm so pissed.

Why wouldn't it? Dont you want good battery life?

I want a basic desktop experience first, battery life second.

Man, I'd really like to see that. Does user know what changes would have to be made?

>not just using gnome

Attached: 1567892086885.jpg (640x640, 61K)

Because Wayland is a piece of shit

Why the hell wouldn't you just use Compton? I use Arch Linux w/ Openbox, xfce4-panel and Compton.

Why does it even exist? It's not better in anything than any of the existing solutions.

better quality

Attached: 1566157970260.png (900x676, 410K)

it doesn't come in a box silly

xfce not wfce retard

Nvidia did their absolute best to make their shit hardware as incompatible with Wayland as they could.

Nvidia is a shit company in general. Even Apple broke up with them because of the many defects in Macbooks they directly caused and now they don't even sign their drivers anymore.
Nvidia's business model is inventing proprietary shit and getting everyone to use it so they can't move back to AMD.

seething tranny poorfag

zoomer chucklefuck

nvidia amirite

use mate buddy
xfce4 is nice but still shit out of the box

And what about the filepicker?

Attached: 444 - lUxEcFT.png (760x797, 12K)

>BAWWW SCREEN TEARING
Stop putting your fucking nose up to your goddamn screen so your brain doesn't see all this bullshit.
This is why we've raped Xorg to have this accelerated bullshit and want that garbage Wayland shit.

>not just using cinnamon
Fixed that for you. Gnome sucks.

I use xubuntu 19.4 with proprietary Nvidia drivers and I have zero screen tearing out of the box.

Yeah but you have nvidia, so you're dumb

get real (proprietary) graphics drivers

because nobody uses xfce and normal people use gnome, the most popular linux desktop environment

The GNU Network Object Model Environment does not have this problem

It just has every other problem, like being slow, buggy, and a pile of goddamn shit.

I sit pretty far from my monitor and it's really noticeable.

thank u user ^w^
you're actually retarded. screentearing is extremely noticeable and jarring and effects visibility. you're actually dumb as a rock, i hope you use something as shitty as xfce. you deserve it

xfce 2016 better than xfce 2019

Install a compositor.

Using with Arch and Slackware no problem.

vblank preset, that’s it.

i can understand arch but why the fuck are you using slackware?
"stability" is their excuse for being lazy as fuck. debian is just as ubuntu or arch or void or what-have-you, and slackware is no different.
OLD GOOD NEW BAD

Windows 8.1 doesn't have this problem.

confirmed for knowing nothing.

>debian is just as ubuntu or arch or void or what-have-you, and slackware is no different.
>OLD GOOD NEW BAD
What does this mean?

You all uneducated niggas have to learn how to setup your Xorg properly... You know what? Go to wayland. We definitively dont need kids around here.

Iiiinn a peeerfeeect woorld...

World ain't perfect tho, your plan a shit, nibba.

>Why does it even exist?
It's a failed attempt to distract trannies from committing suicide by giving them something to do.

Tearing in X is only a problem on Nvidia cards.

Why the fuck should you need to do anything to achieve a basic feature that has existed on other OS’a for at lest a decade at this point?

>gnome
does not even have fractional display scaling, which comes with xfce and basically gimps any decent laptop

It does, it just hasn't been declared well-tested enough to be included in the GUI settings. You can enable it through dconf or the terminal.
gsettings set org.gnome.mutter experimental-features "['x11-randr-fractional-scaling']"

cinnamon is underrated af brehs.

but so is xfce.

>"stability" is their excuse for being lazy as fuck.
This is bait right?

Do people really care so much about tearing?
Apart from watching movies and playing full screen games, tearing doesn't bother me at all.
And those apps typically have their own ways to implement vsync.

The "tearing" problem is a made up non-issue by some trannies who want to push their degenerate, useless display server.

What's with the obsession?

Screen tearing is a DRIVER ISSUE, it isn't a WM/DE issue.
Fix your God damn driver.

Yes, it is absolutely horrible.
I wouldn't use a computer which has screen tearing thankfully you can easily fix your God damn driver and never see it again.

Nope, it is also a problem on Intel cards, you just need to fix your driver to never see it again.

>Do people really care so much about tearing?
Yes they do, you retard.

Those thing make up like 50% of what people do on ther computers and it's still fucking annoying when scrolling through pages etc. Also it has nothing to do with trannies and display servers.
It isn't even hard to fix and that is the reason why I just don't understand how this is still a relatively big problem under linux.

Compton has to be configured just right to remove screen tearing. And in my experience it either doesn't work, or introduces a laughable amount of microstuttering and lag.

>Why the hell wouldn't you just use Compton
Doesn't fix tearing on my machine.
Just configure your driver.

Same but I do have tearing.

Fix your driver then.

>non-issue
If it doesn't exist on any windows or any mac os version, or even other linux WMs, then it's a flaw. It's mind numbing to move a terminal window and see it go apeshit, or scroll down a Jow Forums thread and have two thick ass horizontal lines twitchign. Fix your god damn shit.

My driver works on gnome without screen tearing. No, it's not a driver issue.

do you have screen tearing?

How?

Yes on XFCE, LXDE, LXQT, and Mate.

>My driver works on gnome without screen tearing.
Because gnome might be running on Wayland and or is implementing its own vsync.
In any case the one solution to never see screen tearing is to fix your fucking driver.

Well the driver isn't working that well then is it?

Which GPU vendor? If it's AMD no clue, but for Intel and Nvidia it's quite easy.

It is, no screen tearing in windows either.
Gnome has wayland and xorg variants, both have no tearing.
Intel HD 4400, embedded intel i3 530 GPU, nvidia gt 750m.

>Intel HD 4400, embedded intel i3 530 GPU
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Intel_graphics#Tearing
>nvidia gt 750m
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NVIDIA/Troubleshooting#Avoid_screen_tearing

>Gnome has wayland and xorg variants, both have no tearing.
This in no way contradicts what I said.

You're saying that screen tearing is a driver issue and I demonstrated some counter examples. Thanks I'll look at those links.

I recently installed Xubunutu on my shitty Intel Celeron laptop (Lenovo ideapad). It's quite faster than Windows10 but are there any faster distros that I can use?

I mainly plan on browsing and doing college assignments (no vidya).

All distros are fast. You can get a minimalistic arch install with the latest compiler versions and build linux to your preference. That will be really fast.

>and I demonstrated some counter examples.
No, that a driver issue is mitigated by the wm is not a counter example.

My point is that tearing has a root cause, which is the driver.

>mitigated
Lol.

Thunar always.

full rewrite.

same argument goes for privacy on win 10. stop crying like a little kid and append one line to your xorg config file and enjoy your freedom without screen tearing, its not that hard.

>privacy on win 10
All settings are privacy-oriented on the more expensive releases.
>append one line
Nope. If it's that easy, it should be automated.

>he doesn’t know about slackware-current

>We definitively dont need kids around here.
Enjoy your sinking ship.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you: The Linux desktop, circa 2019.

Is the joke that you didn't post an image?

Covering up for their own tranny tendencies.

It's weird, Jow Forums(nel) talks a shitton more about trans people than any other place I've been and I have no idea why.

Clear Linux* if you have UEFI.

Hello, hownew.ru? You’re on the designated programming socks board.

Old enough to remember when this shit took over this place. There isn't a tech discussion without someone bringing trans people into it. It's insane.

Yeah, it’d be nice if we could escape this place. Oh, wait...

It's annoying but understandable. Young men have no reason to exist anymore, of course they're going to go overboard on the first thing that gives their worthless lives both substance and someone to blame for their sorry state. See also the christfags who think proselytizing on a Vietcong jade carving forum is meaningful in any way.

Install Temple OS and repent.

Boy, don't even get me started on the unironic schizo worship. Skycuck was a faggot too.

What else are a bunch of bored unskilled autists going to do?

all it needs is arc theme

>1 post by this ID

This.
Desktop composition on Linux is still a mess in 2019 and nobody can confute this fact.

Post on /wsr/, it's fun and you're doing something useful with your life too! At least that's what I tell myself.

They'll have to rename the project

This is the most autistic cope I've ever seen

This works on my machine.
youtu.be/FNuotRFDH7c

XFCE used to give me that problem when I ran Xubuntu. I installed Arch, and it hasn't been an issue. I use Arch btw.

Hahahaha look at all the seething lincucks arguing in this thread meanwhile macos and windows chads are oblivious to all these problems even being a thing because their shit just werks

>macos and windows chads are oblivious
Ignorance is bliss.