Why are there so many anti-FSF shills here?

Why are there so many anti-FSF shills here?

How many of you have sold your souls to the devil?

How many of you are looking to eat the scraps of the evil empire?

Attached: fsf.png (580x580, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLRequireSourcePostedPublic
libreoffice.org/get-help/professional-support/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's not that. I just don't like FSF because they tell me what software I am allowed to use. It just so happens that software is inferior to its proprietary counterparts in all ways but one - ethics - which happens to be a nonobjective, abstract concept. No thank you.

Because FSF is filled with dogmatic schizos.

The very thought of hackers sharing the software is anathema to the enemies of the four essential freedoms and their devoted cuckolds.

They don't tell you that though. The only one telling you what software you're allowed to use is the proprietary software companies, who put all kinds of conditions restricting use in the EULA. And that isn't an ethical issue, it's practical and completely objective. It simply doesn't allow you to use, study, modify or share the software in certain ways, so if you intend to do any of that, you can't.

It literally states in every single EULA, that I can simply not use the software if I don't agree to the license. The same as with GPL code. I never have nor will ever license anything under GPL or BSD, nor will I ever actually release the soruce code to my apps.
>modify
I don't think for a second everyoen on the globe should be allowed to modify software, because not everyoen on the globe is qualified to do it.

The GPL does not say that, it says the opposite. Have you read it?
>nor will I ever actually release the soruce code to my apps
I don't care about your botnet apps, nobody wants the source code anyway.
>not everyoen on the globe is qualified to do it
This misses the point. The user doesn't need to be qualified, they can pay someone else who is qualified to do it for them.

>I don't think for a second everyoen on the globe should be allowed to modify software, because not everyoen on the globe is qualified to do it.
They can pay someone to do it for them. What can a small company do if they need a feature that office doesn't support? beg ms or hire some guy to add it to libre office

I have read enough of gpl2, it literally does not allow you to put it in your projects unless they are open source. How idiotic.
>nobody wants
Then it's settled, noone needs open source.
>pay someone else
and
So where do you hire this mystical person? You turn yourself into a hiring agency? You look for indians on websites? You pay exorbitant prices for professional recruiters? How many times has this happened, if ever?
>feature that office doesn't support
I can't imagine such a thing, nor have I read of such a thing in forums. You could just tell microsoft about it.
Look at it this way, the linux foundation has received insane amounts of money these last few years and they still haven't produced an open source nvidia driver. So there goes the idea of happy freedom and rainbows.

You don't need to publish your source code publicly to comply with the GPL, see gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLRequireSourcePostedPublic
>So where do you hire this mystical person? How many times has this happened, if ever?
If you can't afford to hire someone directly, then the various forms of crowdfunding seems to be emerging as a popular option.
>You could just tell microsoft about it.
I have, they don't even respond unless you pay them a large sum of money.
>they still haven't produced an open source nvidia driver
The Linux Foundation doesn't manufacture nvidia hardware. Try asking nvidia.

>ethics is abstract
Found the liberal potato

>crowdfunding
People can't get crowdfunding for cancer and other illnesses, they won't get crowdfunding for "Help libreoffice support the newest .docxxx format".
>large sum of money
Bummer. Just as going on a hiring adventure.
>asking nvidia
It is Linux's single purpose to couple userspace and hardware. It is Linux's responsibility to supply the necessary drivers.
Ethics is hot air just like freetards. You see them hurrying to shill the next meme distro to you and switch from windows, but as soon as something breaks or a feature lacks, they condemn you and leave you by yourself, calling you too stupid to fix this 15 year old bug that everyone has gotten used to.

that seems to be more of a conservative issue in my experience

>So where do you hire this mystical person?
The same place you hire all other programmers. It really doesn't matter how you hire someone to the FSF, the point is you can do it if needed.
>I can't imagine such a thing
Not hard, anything that isn't beneficial to MS but is to you. What if want a way to disable DRM?
>Look at it this way, the linux foundation has received insane amounts of money these last few years and they still haven't produced an open source nvidia driver.
Linux is very small on the desktop, most of those companies care about enterprise features and not games. Also driver development without hardware documentation is really hard, if Nvidia was more open nouveau will catch up with the proprietary driver in no time (see AMD).

Attached: kz5r6w1vvp931.png (890x427, 77K)

>doesn't matter how
No that is absolutely 100% the issue here. I could become an astronaut, but there is no realistic way for that. Point me to some FSF-approved hiring websites.
>disable DRM
That's copyright infringement, sorry.
>not games
No nvidia driver = wasted $$$.
>is really hard
Yeah play stupid games....
When you make an alternative, it's your job to make sure it really is an alternative.

>they won't get crowdfunding for "Help libreoffice support the newest .docxxx format".
They don't need to in that example, there are a number of companies that you can pay to help with that libreoffice.org/get-help/professional-support/
>Just as going on a hiring adventure.
When you hire someone yourself you have many options to choose from, not so with microsoft.
>It is Linux's responsibility to supply the necessary drivers.
No. The only reason it has open source drivers for AMD/Intel cards is because those companies contributed them. Nvidia refuses, the problem is with them.

fsf is the evil organization

>certified
Never heard of those certifications. How do I know they're any good as programmers? Ugh now I'll have to read each one's CV, write legally binding contracts, formalise my expectations, etc. And all to have these advancements brought back to the original codebase for free? For features that generally proprietary counterparts already had?
>many options
That's a burden not a blessing. Just more work to do.
>with them
Nvidia is in no way, ethical or legal, obliged to cooperate with Linux. Linux devs believe they can make free alternatives, well they had better go and make them. What's next, openBSD? TempleOS? FreeDOS?

>Point me to some FSF-approved hiring websites.
All of them? Just tell whoever you hire to open his code and/or transfer ownership.
>That's copyright infringement, sorry.
Man you are so closed minded, what if you need support for a competing filetype/service/etc.
>No nvidia driver = wasted $$$.
But there is one, just not open.
>When you make an alternative, it's your job to make sure it really is an alternative.
It is an alternative on every sector but the desktop.

>All of them?
So I can expect to spend the extra money as hiring a normal programmer? This is a deal breaker.
>need support
Without DRM, 4K blurays would be ripped left and right, software would be cracked much more easily, all leading to a global loss in quality to compensate for the loss of profits. No thanks, I agree with basic statistics and market analysis.
>just not open
Then it's out of the question. I might as well be using windows.
>but the desktop
And mobile. Why do people keep recommending server OSs and kernels for lightweight devices requiring snappy and responsive use?

>How do I know they're any good as programmers?
How do I know a proprietary software company trying to sell me something employs good programmers?
>And all to have these advancements brought back to the original codebase for free?
You don't have to do that, you can keep the advancements to yourself.
>For features that generally proprietary counterparts already had?
You mean those proprietary counterparts which have a price, often which is a large non-negotiable sum of money in addition to being vendor locked for a long period of time?
>Just more work to do.
Then don't do it? Are you surprised that you can't get a thing to happen unless you do the work to get it?
>Nvidia is in no way, ethical or legal, obliged to cooperate with Linux
You're correct that they aren't obliged to cooperate. You're the one who seems to want them to cooperate, so you can get the drivers. I don't care about this because I will never buy nvidia hardware, they're a trash company.

>good programmers
You can't directly inspect their work other than binary reverse engineering (which is still pretty good), but you can look at leaked code or apply empirical/psychological analysis to figure out shit programmers decrease productivity and directly lower the performance/memory usage quality of the code.
>keep
Wow. Thanks. I'd rather get a 90+% refund from the software owner for contributing the advancements instead of keeping them, negating most of my costs.
>large
Not as large as actually paying people every time I get angry at a misdesign.
>long period of time
It's really easy in the age of software as a service to select the cheapest plan or even free demos and ride on that. I rode on microsoft educational keys for years in university. I still know people there and get keys whenever I ask. All legal.
>do the work to get it
It seems like less work to just get the original.
>you can get
How about the supposed elite of elites in Linux write nouveau so it doesn't make a 1080 Ti perform like a 760 first?

>So I can expect to spend the extra money as hiring a normal programmer?
Yeah, but totally better than not having any other choice.
>DRM
Merely an example of the possibilities, I don't need to repeat myself.
>Then it's out of the question. I might as well be using windows.
99% free or 0% free, I wonder which is better.
>And mobile.
Pretty much confirms you are trolling, bye.

Attached: LhnKgIm.jpg (1084x1080, 277K)

>other choice
There is a wide arrange of choices in the proprietary world because people actually fight for market shares.
>99% free
How about free to use the tools that make me money.
>trolling
Wow. Actually imagine, just for a few seconds,
preferring to run the java virtual machine on an embedded device, while hugely supporting operating systems and kernels written in a deprecated, messy language like C.

>looking at leaked code
>using educational licenses for business purposes
These things are illegal.
>apply empirical/psychological analysis
>constantly juggling time limits on low-cost plans or free demos
All of this also entails work, so your point is irrelevant.
>Not as large as actually paying people every time I get angry at a misdesign.
If you suck at hiring and managing good workers then that's a different problem.
>How about the supposed elite of elites in Linux write nouveau so it doesn't make a 1080 Ti perform like a 760 first?
Sure, they'll get around to it once you pay them.

>illegal
Just looking at a text file on someone else's server is not illegal. And neither is getting paid to program on Windows Education because microsoft offered internships at my university to students.
>work
Little work. Once you get down the patterns of the market, you can quickly tell when a program is bad just by the lack of attention to specific details.
>suck
Everyone sucks at hiring, including mega corps. Look at Google's hiring process and how supposedly successful it is.
>pay them
It's free software dude, it's my right to slam as many github issues and hatemail as I want, calling it auditing.

Because I don't give a fuck about the "ethics" of using sofware, I want my experience with computers to be as efficient and comfy as possible.

I'm a pragmatic person, I enjoy using Debian with non-free software because of how good it works and how I still have the advantage of ricing the system if I need it. I don't need to listen to some sixty year old booger eater about how I should only use sofware based on his arbitrary decisions.

Nonfree software does not provide an efficient or comfy experience.

Not true. Many free softwares are the best solutions that exist to a problem or a software need. As that's true, it's also true that many proprietary softwares are the best for their genre as well

>waaahh I can't compile someone else's code and imagine it was mine

>Nonfree software does not provide an efficient or comfy experience.

>What is microsoft office
>What is Photoshop
>What is AutoCAD.

>Once you get down the patterns of the market
Same applies to literally everything else
>It's free software dude, it's my right to slam as many github issues and hatemail as I want, calling it auditing.
Sure, but doing that won't get your drivers written. Pay up.

I'd definitely use gnu/linux on a server. My ISP uses a nicely configured freedos. It just so happens that for desktop, free software has 2% market share.
>everything else
Other than a hiring process.
>Pay up.
No thanks I don't support extortionist practices.

>waah i can't force everyone in the world to give up control of their computers to a botnet

>What is microsoft office
Shit

>What is Photoshop
Shit

>What is AutoCAD.
Shit

Any more questions?

>botnet
Proof?

And for mobile, free softwares has 80% and for servers it has 95% and supercomputers it has 100%
But look at games and graphics API. Direct x is nearly not existent in majority of games, however Microsoft plays it off like all games are windows games... Even though Mobile market is gobbling it all up

>Other than a hiring process.
It's the same. You're confused if you think Google having incompetent hiring managers has any effect on your own ability
>Paying for a service is extortion
So you admit Adobe has been scamming you this whole time?

Post the source code to MS office, photoshop, and autocad, and I'll show you the exact lines with the botnet.

>Office is shit.
Office is the best office automation package that exists, period. Anyone who disagrees is either a troll or an imbecile. The only excuse for using libreoffice instead is if you are a 8 year old writing a letter for Santa.

>inb4 Pajeet.

>for mobile, free softwares has 80%
My OS and kernel are heavily blobbed and modified versions of the original free software. And my apps are all proprietary since I use the google suite.
>non existent
Literally almost every windows/console game is on directx. Mobile is a joke, too easy to release ripoffs and skew the statistics.
>effect on your own ability
You can't lie on google interviews. You can lie to random people on the web who will hire you at most once, for one-off projects, and have zero quality control.
>scamming you
There are very clear terms when I pay for software. I don't use Adobe, but if I did, I'd be paying for something set in stone with possibly the right to refund. Linux keeps eating donation money with nothing to back it up.
It's on you, buddy. You said it's botnet, now prove it. Surely, you have convincing proof.

I can't provide proof for legal reasons. The license is nonfree and prevents me from sharing the code with you. I'll prove it if you legally post the source code.

If you can't prove it, that doesn't mean it's botnet. Oops! You tried. Plus, who says you're even qualified, let me see your CV and past audits.

No. Me being barred by someone else from showing you the proof doesn't mean that it's not botnet.

Are you some sort of idiot? If you can't prove it's botnet, it doesn't mean it's botnet. There is no way around this. Go post on hackerrank if you have proof.

>You can't lie on google interviews. You can lie to random people on the web
Your own incompetence at hiring is irrelevant. Don't pay them if they lie.
>Linux keeps eating donation money with nothing to back it up.
I haven't mentioned donations once this entire time. Donations are just that, donating. Have the person sign a contract.

>propietary bad
>free software gud
>*receives bag full of cash*
>pic related

Attached: 1567785462870.jpg (700x700, 43K)

Except I can prove it's botnet. I can't provide that proof though because I'm legally not allowed to.

GIMP + Krita is superior to photoshop.
>Free
>No adobe spyware
>Less bloat
>Nearly identical feature parity in 2019

>incompetence
They're the supposedly competent ones. Make fix, publish it to mainline, and if I like it, I'll donate. Else it's just extortion.
>sign a contract
That implies work such as quality control and lawyers. I prefer the developers use the freedoms granted by the GPL and fix the code for free.

>I can prove it's botnet
Then post the undeniable proof. If you can't prove it, then don't call it botnet, because nobody on planet Earth should bear even the slightest suspicion that it is botnet, because nobody has shown proof that it is. If you can't publish the proof, that's your problem - you're the one making inane statements.

>Free
Not an argument.
>spyware
Oh boo hoo. Photoshop is firewalled.
>Less bloat
Proof? Show me on the photoshop source code the bloat.
>Nearly
Dealbreaker, goodbye.

Same reason why many people hate Stallman. He tells the truth and the truth is inconvenient, so in order to keep enjoying the convenient lie, people see the free software community as enemy. I was one of these people, that's why I know it.

>Paying money for services performed is extortion
This isn't true no matter how much you say it.
>I prefer the developers use the freedoms granted by the GPL and fix the code for free.
Then you can wait for the things you want worked on and hope that someone gets around to them. They may not ever get around to it. If this concept upsets you, then you can pay.

>isn't true
>Here use our shitty ripoff products because of pixie dust and magic
>also pay us to work on it *hand rubs*
Okay.
>can wait
No reason. I'm running on nvidia on windows just fine. I don't see what the fuss is about, just make linux support .exes open the installer.exe. Otherwise, why shill it as an alternative?

Botnet software is incapable of being "the best" or good at anything, period.

I already explained why I'm not allowed to post the proof. You don't have to believe me but it should be obvious to you who is preventing me from getting this information to you.

>explained
No, I want the proof. If you can't prove your statements, then your statements are worth nothing. So don't post such statements. Nobody cares who what where why.

Stop asking. You won't get the proof unless you provide the source code.

The burden of proof is on you. It's your problem to solve. If you can't provide proof it's botnet, stop calling it botnet.

>It's wrong of you to ask for money to perform work
>but it's okay for microsoft to do it
Wow it took us this long to get to the core of the shill's argument.
>why shill it as an alternative?
It's not, please stay on windows with the rest of your shill buddies.

Attached: 1523928959460.png (720x775, 129K)

I have no burden of proof because I don't care what you think. It's botnet. If you want proof, post the source code.

>I don't care
Ignorance is not an argument. Try harder. You said it was botnet and now you have to prove it. No, you are not entitled to the soruce code just because you made random statements. So far, I have no reason to suspect anything of being a botnet.
>shill
Yikes.
>stay on windows
Yes please.

It's botnet. I don't have to prove anything, but I can if you provide the requested information.

>Yikes.
Not an argument.
>Yes please.
$0.15 has been deposited in your account

>I don't have to
You do, actually. Or at least in the adult world. Since you did not prove proprietary software is botnet, I can just remain calm and keep using proprietary software. Meanwhile, you can go analyze Linux line by line and tell me whether it's botnet or not, oh and give me all the logs you make. I want at least 5000 pages. Chop chop imbecile.

Proprietary software is effectively Schrödinger's botnet; it's both, malware and no malware. So unless you open the box and look what's inside, it's very reasonable to assume that proprietary software is malware.

>Not an argument.
Not an argument, Ben Shapiro.
>$0.15
Thanks! Windows fullfills all my professional needs, I just thought I'd point this out in every windows hate thread, just because. Buy your dirt cheap keys from microsoft now.
>unless you open the box
Totally agree, that's how logic works. Everything is true or false when evaluated. It's your job to provide an evaluating function for your statements. Meaning you haven't provided proof that it's botnet, so the question remains undecided.
>reasonable to assume
Assumptions are logical fallacies.

linux is nonfree, user. it contains blobs and half of it's drivers are proprietary as well. linux-libre would be a better example.

Linux libre comes with nouveau which is a hidden backdoor by nvidia that performs worse than intel HD and has unfixable screen tearing, just to ruin Linux's image.

Literally look up the developers, full of (ex)nvidia employees, yet it consistently makes powerful GPUs perform worse than budget ones.

Holy fuck. It's like you were dropped on your head when you were small.

I already did that, but I won't be sending you my notes unless you pay me.

>Not an argument, Ben Shapiro
Literally who?
>Windows fullfills all my professional needs
You don't have professional needs and have been begging for nvidia linux drivers this whole thread like an underage gamerturd even though you apparently don't even use Linux.

>because they tell me what software I am allowed to use
Lie

>any bug in any software is a conspiracy

leftwing facism is just as bad as rightwing facism

Nice off topic post.

>they tell me what software I am allowed to use
they don't.
>It just so happens that software is inferior to its proprietary counterparts in all ways but one - ethics
>implying Chromium/Firefox are inferior to Internet Explorer
>implying Windows' CMD is comparable to Bash
>implying any proprietary version control system is better than Git, except on extreme edge cases
I don't know how you got the impression that source code availability is anyhow related to software quality. Free Software developers nor proprietary developers become (in)competent in the moment they choose a license.

Attached: Bowsettember.jpg (1015x1200, 119K)

>Ethics is made up

Chinksect detected. Let's see what you think about ethics when I cut off your faced and rape and murder your family while you're still alive.

partially true. they actually roll the bes open sores shit out there, most closed source are unable to compete on the free time this peps put in.

Why are you even using office in 2019? Office software is deprecated for Python.

>nonobjective, abstract concept
Kill yourself jew

Stallman is literally giving talks at Microsoft now

go watch tivo linus

I'm sorry d00ds I tried going fully free this past week but I failed. Starting December 14th I swear I'll go free software only from then on. And also vegan.

Stallman was on RT a few months ago and he shat on cloudcomputing and apple and windows all at once. Stop your concern shilling and FUD.

no one cares if you go vegan.

I am definitely right wing and I support FSF.

Aww, poor fucking Microsoft shills, did I fucking completely and totally out you all in that other thread and you had to make your own "BAWW SHILL" thread for SOMETHING THAT CAN'T BE FUCKING SHILLED?
You idiots aren't very bright, are you?
Go fuck yourself. Jow Forums, ban these fucks.

how did you know I like scuba diving wtf

I just don’t like Stallman.

I have to install too much proprietary software for school to run an FSF approved distro. There's only so much that wine and qemu can take care of.

That's pretty normal if you have low IQ.