This any good?

Are FSF-approved distros non-memes at all?

Attached: scrot.png (1039x705, 93K)

It's basically Arch without nonfree software accessible through official repositories. How well it works depends on your hardware.

Core i3 530 @ 4.2GHz.

He meant wheth.
If debian works with what you've got then this will too.

But this is arch. I dunno.

don't use oc donut steel distros

Attached: button.png (666x666, 84K)

Its great. Its Arch with support for a non-systemd init system.

>freedom is "inconvenient"
>privacy is "autistic"
Microsoft and the government won

So far free software has demonstrated inconvenience to use. Just caring about free software and realising everything sucks, and looking up inferior alternatives is an inconvenience in itself.

>good?
>FSF-approved
Pick one. I don't trust people that care about politic/philosophy before technicals.

So you don't trust anyone? Your operating system and browser only exist because a determined, disciplined, and managed team of professionals made them. And that's politics.

Only if your time is worthless to you.

If you're always willing to give up your freedom for convenience, then obviously free software will never help you. Have fun with Windows 10.

Free software will never help me because it generally sucks. There are no standards to live up to, no motivating force other than freedom.

Imagine being this stupid, you deserve every inch of Microsoft's dick up your ass

Not an argument.

t. too stupid to use computers

I work on operating systems for a living, I know what I'm doing.

The motivating force is the same as anything else which is to make good software. Even if you believe it sucks, nonfree software is worse.

Post the source code to the OS you work on so we can laugh at how bad the code quality is.

Anything you brag about online will always be false

>make good software
I love making good software. I also love signing contracts to earn cash money for making good software.
>nonfree software is worse
Nonfree has standards to live up to. For instance, being actually good in the first place, as per market share.
>post
It's proprietary. A good portion is written in C++ and does not suffer from the laughable vulnerabilities GNU does.
>how bad
The linux kernel has support for 4096 CPUs simultaneously but no nvidia drivers. That's a good laugh.
Logical fallacy.

>Nonfree has standards to live up to. For instance, being actually good in the first place, as per market share
Once nonfree software has a user-base they will waste no time in fucking over the customer, see Adobe and Microsoft

>fucking over
Literally everything is in the EULA, and nothing more lest they get sued. Clown world, you engineer a functioning device with very clear and concise terms of usage, people buy it by the thousands, and you get sued because some dumb chimps made assumptions.

>it's in the EULA so it's ethical

Ethics are not objective. I'm just saying people accept the EULAs so they have nothing against them.

it's free as in freedom not free as in price
you can sign contracts to earn cash money for making good free software

to be fair,most people dont know what they are signing up for at all,after i saw what microsoft was allowed to do with your windows,i decided im not gonna use Windows 10 in the foreseeable future unless i absolutely need to use it or windows changes in big ways.

I can sign contracts for big companies to transitively write free software. I can't make an app that you can only legitimately obtain by paying, and have it gpl as well. And even if I could, I'd be promoting easy piracy for my own product.
Well that's only to benefit society. People ought to learn to read and be functionally literate. Did you know crossing the street even 2 feet away from a zebra is jaywalking?

if you don't need proprietary drivers or codecs its no different than arch.

I can agree on that,people need to know what theyre signing up for,and yes i did know that (if im interpriting it correctly,ive never seen it refered to as zebra before.)

free software is free because it has no value

it's only free as in price if you refuse to pay for it

Zebra is a European thing.

Oohhhh im in the midwest so i had no clue and had to stare at it for like 30 seconds like an idiot to get it.

No comment.

it's free because nobody would use it if it cost money

>i'm too cheap to pay for it
>therefore so is everyone else

That's not what he's saying, think about it.

Been using it for over 2 years and love it. If you like Arch, it's no different just with some non-free packages removed from the repos. If you're ready to take the fully-FOSS pill, you won't miss those packages any way.

you seem... like, well... why don't you keep using windows?

St. Louis?

>are any of the distros which are copies of working distros with the firmware ripped out non-memes?
Gee user I fucking wonder.

Parabola is a fucking godsend. Patrician distro. The devs should be sainted.

free means freedom, not free in price

kekklez
this.

i know what he's saying and it's still nonsense

>The linux kernel has support for 4096 CPUs simultaneously but no nvidia drivers. That's a good laugh.
are you retarded?

>I love making good software. I also love signing contracts to earn cash money for making good software.
fucking brainlet, is your only exposure to free software philosophy shitty fucking imageboards?
There is not way you haven't seen FREE AS IN FREEDOM written somewhere. LIBRE, NOT GRATIS.
FREE AS IN FREEDOM, NOT AS IN FREE BEER.

free software can be studied and compared toother software and therefore held to the highest degree known

proprietary solutions are unknown--they might look good but be full of bugs/exploits/malware internally

there are shit gnu+linux drivers from nvidia available, and there are also free as in freedom alternatives avail.
Your entire argument is invalid and you don't seem to know what you're talking about.

>laughable vulnerabilities
CITATION NEEDED

Attached: ab9.gif (496x498, 391K)

it's the same retard who was trolling in this thread

OpenRC edition required for the best experience.
Other than that pretty much the same. I may switch to it when I get a new ssd, but I'd prefer to switch to something totally upstream. Considering slack, but admittedly I'm not sure how to boot everything fully encrypted with libreboot. I suppose I could just play with it as a spare until i figure it out.
I would really like to go back to void, but I jumped ship when one person with control over pretty much the entire project just up and disappeared.

I realized by my third (you) that i was probably being baited, kek.

No /thread

This. A savvy user can create their own Free as in muh freedumbz environment.
It's a handy way for plebs to pick a distro, but things like ACCESS to nonfree packages being a problem is just silly. the real trouble is INCLUDING nonfree packages, and using systemd.
As long as you're not retarded and know how to choose your software, you can remain free quite easily, with no need to listen to the stallman personality cult's list.

there's always a philosophy behind the technical details of a software, user.

>Proprietary software : we want to somehow make money using this software

>Libre software : we want to make software that respects user's freedom

yours is also a non-argument, user
>it is inconvenient
no it isn't
>b-but nobody in the industry uses GNU/Linux / Libre software!!!
that's false

Attached: smug_slurping.jpg (1128x984, 181K)

Free software means free as in freedom, not price.

>implying windows 10 is somehow less inconvenient than Debian Stable
you deserve those forced updates

It took you until now to come to this realization?

You're still conflating libre and gratis.

seething freetard NEETs

It's delusional thinking like these that makes me certain Stallman is nother short of retarded and a good-willed hippie.

It is similar to "Those who are willing to sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither." It's the same reason why boycotts and protests don't work. The issues aren't covered at all or are smeared in some way. In this case, it's inconvenient to use free software...

>So far free software has demonstrated inconvenience to use.

Just - all of it. All free software, across the board.

There's never been a piece of free software that wasn't inconvenient.

Ever.

On an x86 server it's actually really good and rock-solid, on ARM it's a mess.

>""FSF-approved""
always meme

Proprietary software is even more inconvenient.