Uni uses outlook

>uni uses outlook
>all of a sudden and without warning I'm expected to download an app and give microsoft my number in order to access my email
Why is this allowed? Can Microsoft really just do this?

Attached: 1550001493159.jpg (1077x1053, 84K)

>going to uni
lmaoing @ ur life

No

Brainlet detected.

Literally who cares. Microsoft already has your name and address when your University creates your account.

Huh, good point. I guess that's that.

this

University Email administrator here. I will bet any money there is no requirement for you to use the Outlook client.

If your uni uses Outlook, they are more than likely using the Exchange email system. Exchange has a web-based email alternative called, unironically, Outlook Web App, or OWA. So, you more than likely have a web-based alternative, which will work with most modern web browsers, and you can use any major modern browser on a non-Windows based computer.

For certain courses at my brother's uni you have to download a program to give some Pajeet 100% unrestricted access to your webcam and microphone in order to "proctor" your online tests. If the program crashes (as it does every other time you use it), they call your phone number (which you also have to give them) to make sure you aren't cheating.
Privacy as a codified right literally does not exist, and it will only get worse from here. Get used to it.

I use Outlook through Firefox on my phone and it works. Alternatively you could use FairEmail from F-Droid.

Attached: 1539978535867.png (1024x500, 190K)

>and give microsoft my number in order to access my email
Wut?
You only need credentials to configure an email on the mail application of yours choosing

Use shelter and install outlook in your work profile
IMAP clients don't work with enterprise outlook mail

What, mine uses outlook and never had this happen

And now you know why people use GNU.

Literally just get a fake number fucking nigger, i bet you also puts you actual name in the credentials right?

which uni

Outlook on android is an absolute blessing. How come microsoft can can only make good software it its not meant for windows?

use the IT admin's number

Nothing wrong with it as long as you don't go into debt which is only an issue for americucks

>>uni uses outlook

indian uni?

Attached: 1541391690311.png (640x800, 1024K)

>IT admin finds out 5 minutes after the account is created
>"geh.... uhg hey user? huh i uhh realised that you're uhhhhhh using my uhhh phone number for your outlook account when you were told to use your own"
>"this guhhhhhh is an invasion of privacy? hyou understand mkay? No? oh well you shuold've been told at the introduction course heh.... how did you even get my numbur? im uhhh gonna have to report you for idinity thfeft..."
>"these things should be U H H H H taken pretty serioushly since it breaks your agreement between the campus and you so you're probably gonna be expelled and banned from the campush.. We'll probably have to uhh take it up with the authorities since this is uhh pretty bad m'kay?"

Attached: 1.png (283x162, 119K)

>how did you even get my numbur?
it's on your door bruh

>fell for a scam
>calls other people brainlets
enjoy your worthless diploma retard

Just because the uni uses outlook doesn't mean you need to, you know.

I started using Outlook recently but I did not have to fill in my phone number.