Pi General

What are you doing with your Pi?

I'll start:
Overclocked from 1.5 to 2GHz. Using the test: "stress -c 4" I cannot get it to throttle :)
I have a fan shim, though I think there are cheaper and better options.

I have two 2TB hard drives (one of them is redundant) for a NAS. It transfers large files at 110MB/s consistently over my LAN, which makes it a lot less of a power hog than my old AMD PC that I was using as a NAS/media server. This pi does all my usenet downloading and media streaming. It works fantastically well and I am very pleased with it. It also is hooked up to my bedroom TV and works great for browsing.

Attached: pi.jpg (1506x1320, 603K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PGaVu0sPBEy5GgLM8N-CvHB2FESdlfBOdQKqLziJLhQ/edit#gid=0
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yl414kIy9MhaM0-VrpCqjcsnfofo95M1smRTuKN6e-E/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What kind of Pi is it? Thinking about getting a SBC for shits and giggles. I saw these links in a thread a month or so ago:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PGaVu0sPBEy5GgLM8N-CvHB2FESdlfBOdQKqLziJLhQ/edit#gid=0
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yl414kIy9MhaM0-VrpCqjcsnfofo95M1smRTuKN6e-E/edit#gid=0

just buy a pi, they actually have a critical mass of users to drive quality, unlike the rest of those

Those shits are expensive though, unless I get a Pi 3 or something.

its the newest version, the pi4b

My one always says it's undervolted. It's also slow as shit. I got one for work, where I have to present PDFs to people sometimes. It takes far far longer than even my phone to load a PDF. If it's just one page, that's ok, just wait 10-20 seconds. But anything longer, forget it. It's a fucking piece of junk.

which model is it?

3b+

they didn't become decent to use until the latest model, which is 3x faster than the 3b+

>2 micro hdmi
>ethernet on opposite side
>big ass RAM module
It's clearly a pi4, idiot
We run our company webserver off of raspberry pi, and mumble off of an old pi2 (used to run the web but I got a pi4 to test it out and put all web on that instead)

what the hell is mumble

yea that is because their voltage drops when going to the USB's because it's built like shit. the pi3 was the worst of all the pi that exist.
Imagine being this fucking stupid

go back to and your tranny discord server, brainlet.

>My one always says it's undervolted.
Check you have the right OS relrease.
This is a Known Problem.

kys faggot
"mumble"
sounds like another pile of bullshit to me

Running a 3B+ that is a DIY seedbox/NAS. It works just fine, although USB 2.0 is slow to transfer movies. RPI4 arrived in the mail yesterday, currently waiting for the case and cable to arrive to replace my 3B. Will retask the 3B, not sure what to yet.

I had the same problem as you. I was using a 5V charger. I went to a 5.1V charger and now I don't get any issues. Hopefully I won't fry it.

>RPI4 arrived in the mail yesterday, currently waiting for the case and cable to arrive to replace my 3B
make sure your external storage adapter supports UASP and use ext3 or 4 for optimal speeds. I have bought cheap external adapters and ended up with subpar transfer speeds. Can vouch for the inateck one.

Did I just get fucked?

Attached: pi4.png (1886x888, 491K)

What do you think you are buying?

FUCK, didn't read the details. Order cancelled

Yes. 32GB sd cards sell for less than half that amount.

Attached: tone.gif (368x349, 2.53M)

>"stress -c 4"
Use cpuburn

but I prefer "dispatching hogs" when I use stress.

Do you guys think the 4GB rasberry pi 4 would have enough beef to power a minecraft server?

I heard they make good minecraft servers

Yeah i was thinking it would be great for a server, that way i dont need to leave my computer on all the time if i wanted to host one.

Stress testing software isn't created equal.
cpuburn is really tough on the processor.

don't get a pi 3 it's massively inferior to 4

Sup.
/openDroid gang/ here.

I get 4GHz clocks stable with a passive heatsink.
Need I remind thee of my 2 extra GPU cores?
>he doesn't have a EMMC interface
BUHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1565041041234.jpg (900x1200, 169K)