Previous thread:
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of Windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt

Attached: sqtheadlampsaretechnology.jpg (580x1024, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=%s site:youtube.com&btnI=Im Feeling Lucky
bleachbit.org/
wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki/Main_Page
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can any image or video be sourced?

Any internet chads want to give me a guide on how they source everything? Besides just reverse searching on google/yandex, is there anything else I can do?

how do i reply to a thread

any good image descrambler or at least a guide on making one using python/etc for drm'ed mangos?

Please help why is my thumbdrive still read-only? Please please please please please please PLEASE help

Attached: gsdfdsf.png (346x301, 10K)

loving the tsukushi treatment Jow Forums has been getting lately

click on the post number

I have some spreadsheet columns
One cell is an hour in HH:MM format(15:35)
The second is a time later then the first in HH:MM format(16:15),the second will always be some time after the first

I want to get averages and most occurring from these cells.
Is there a way to round to the nearest 5 minutes and present that? for both average and most occurring?
Im not sure what im looking for or how to do it

Where is a good place to buy a Galaxy S9? I want to upgrade.

The usual search engines can identify most images without big trouble. Videos are much difficult to reverse search since all search engines only search the first frame.

how is this possible when i spend most of my computer days on shady websites

Attached: afijasd.png (689x82, 7K)

Pick for me KDE or Mate Manj?

Attached: kde.jpg (650x373, 62K)

KDE

/pbg/ is dead so I am asking here. Those ATX guys would probably not be able to help much anyway.

I recently got myself the LC-Power LC-1320II for my server build, but lo and behold, the power supply is done so I am sending the case back.

So now I thought I would get an external one that only has the connector inside. I like the slim form factor but have not really been able to find a decent case that has that and standalone ITX power supplies seem to be nonexistent.

Any help, experience or input? I am really lost here, I just want to have a nice homeserver man.

I'm in need of a way to do "Feeling Lucky" searches for YouTube. I have this as a search engine on Chome:
google.com/search?q=%s site:youtube.com&btnI=Im Feeling Lucky
But it doesn't work that well and if there are a lot of results for what I'm looking for, or if the search term is too long, I don't know which, it won't simply follow the first link, as it should with the name "Feeling Lucky." Is there a pain-free way I can do something like type in "yt" in the omnibar bar, append a search to it and have it follow the first video that pops up on YouTube, every single time?

Attached: 1540565493474.jpg (1000x667, 46K)

Is there anything better than CC cleaner?

bleachbit.org/

Thank you.

You know, I was also wondering what else I need on my PC. I'm pretty uneducated and I'd love to learn how people discovered they need something like this.

What else is there to get?

Can you be doxed by using paypal?

Attached: 1567566033836.png (230x398, 104K)

just lurk Jow Forums and youll find a chartt which shows all the alternatives. The colors it uses are orange and green to keep an eye on.

I dont have it or cant find it so you will eventually

lol yes, its kinda encrypted but y ou still can if the person knows what theyre doing

Hmm okay will lurk for it. Thank you.

My new Windows 10 laptop is unable to keep music playing and have display off for some reason. If music is playing from Firefox, it goes off with the display in 10 minutes; if it's playing from WMP, the display stays on. The only shit i see from googling are pajeets from microsoft forums suggesting to INSTALL A BLACK SCREENSAVER or to set "Turn off the display" to "Never". And it's not "modern standby" either.

anchor this thread, im so bored that im actually gonna go find it and spoon feeed you

Enabled some shitty thing from radeon settings because it suggested it and now my main monitor is all washed up. Uninstalling doesn't help because it remembers the settings.
Do you you know what setting this could be? Seems to be color depth related somehow when i set it to 6bph i get the colors back but picture quality is much worse. Or how to actually perform clean install, tried amdcleanup utility, clean install and ddu already.

have you like tried a spreadsheet editor?

I love spoon feeding since I'm pretty low iq.

Besides that though, where the fuck do I actually learn about technology, especially everything about computers.

Computers, applications, what's safe on PC/what's not safe on PC, how to fully protect it, how to be anonymous, I just want to learn everything about PC's but I lack the iq to find places to learn about them.

There are some people here who know literally everything and every setting ever and know how to optimize everything fucking crazy nerds I want to be one.

Is your PayPal e-mail associated with any accounts that have been leaked? Then quite possibly. As for sellers seeing your address when you buy from them, I'm not sure. Every seller I've asked has always given me an ominous "No, but I can find it anyway," which smells like bullshit.

Go to a College and spend 200$ for a CompTIA A+ course. Thats if youre actually interested and want a help desk job.

if not, go to the library, or unironically, lurk more.

I'm not the guy, but I'm assuming this is what he's talking about. I found it on /a/, of all places.

Attached: 1557138116443.jpg (1000x1600, 579K)

This is just for me personally, I like knowing about things I'm interested in.

I have no problem with other things like music and boxing, but with computers idk why I can't find much useful information even though it should be the easiest.

Yeah I will just lurk more then.

He said it's green and orange so probably not this one. This seems good too though, thanks a lot.

because no one is going to blow an rce worth $(find your browser in pic related) on some randoms. as for your av scan that looks win7 in which case defender is absolutely worthless on there (just as bad as the usual retards on g claim it is). it wasnt until windows 10 when the defender team started adding insane features whereby it btfos the usual scamshit paid avs

Attached: zerodium_prices.png (824x688, 71K)

My new AMD build keeps freezing every so often, it's running 3600 + 5700 XT and Windows 10 LTSC, all temps look fine on GPU + CPU, what can be the issue Windows 10 LTSC?

>(find your browser in pic related)
my web browser isn't listed here
cool though

its not that one, but i guess it works. Theres a better one, and its longer. Thanks for helping him out at least.

Gave up on your search user?

I just want to use paypal to make anonymous donations, there doesn't seems to be alot of alternatives except bitcoin, which alot of places don't use.

Me personally, I wouldn't worry about being doxxed over donations, unless the party's idea of showing gratitude is publishing your e-mail/name on a controversial website of theirs... Which seems very unlikely. But if you're just donating to a software project like iTerm or some shit, my advice is 'don't sweat it'. Are you planning on donating to an individual?

well if your browser isnt chrome, chromium based, firefox, a firefox fork, edge, ie, etc. no one is going to bother writing an rce for whatever retarded browser youre using

Yeah youll find the chart eventually if you lurk here, remember. It has a black background and green and orange.

I tried looking for it here but no luck
wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki/Main_Page

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-31-08-39-23.png (1440x2880, 2.48M)

No problem, appreciate the effort.

No, only organizations. Does sending money to a fake account, then using that account for the transaction still work or has paypal cracked down on that long ago?

yeah
the people who make my browser don't even bother updating the bugs on it that makes browsing it for more than two hours impossible.

Jow Forums in chrome on my pc is weird. Can't click to reply on a post, page doesnt show replies made to a post, and other things. Works fine in incognito.

Any runescape players here? I just downloaded RuneLite(flatpak) from the packet manager on linux mint and I was wondering if it's safe to log in?

Use Malwarebytes and run adwcleaner.
Browsers come with built in protection this days, And if you are using uBlock Origin you are protected by pretty much everything around.

Sounds like a storage problem.
Also did you install the LTSC updates?

4chanX?

pls respond

Storage problem? I have a SSD + OS on my M2.NVMe SSD, also I'm not sure if my LTSC is up to date, doesn't windows do that botnet stuff automatically anyway?

I'm running version 1809, build 17763.678 according to winver, is this good?

Attached: 1545109310047.png (231x277, 81K)

fuck off

Attached: 1538898960519.jpg (900x900, 60K)

>I'm running version 1809, build 17763.678 according to winver, is this good?
Yes, its August 13 update.
And you can disable it if you want in LTSC that is why i was asking if you never updated because .107(2nd LTSC release) comes with problems.

Did you remember to use AHCI instead IDE, and GPT instead MBR for your OS SSD?

Don't know but I think GPT is the default, whats AHCI/IDE? Nothing shows on disk management, where could I check

Want to get liquid cooling for the first time, what to look out for? Just want to do overclocking for my i5.
Also is it worth buying 16gb DDR3 RAM? I want to keep this pc until 2022 or later

You don't, you buy a NH-D15.
The only times you consider a liquid cooler is when you have a ITX build, and since you mentioned overclocking i doubt this is a ITX build.
Liquid cooling is loud, expensive and inefficient in general.

Also, apparently W10 LTSC 1903 is needed as I'm missing out on a lot of ryzen 3 performance updates, I'm trying to update via windows updates but it shows nothing, is this a whole new version of ltsc I have to download and reinstall?

You really need 32GB though, if you're into any kind of development.

Also,
>DDR3
>2019

First those updates are included in LTSC and the performance increase is not that big but its there.
Second freezing is unrelated to your CPU, its more Storage and RAM related.

I’m trying to learn Scala. I have never used any functional languages so I really need help.

How do I add to a sequence recursively? Would the function need a Sequence argument for that or is that not necessary?

What could be the problem with the ram? I'm pretty sure I couldn't have fucked up plugging it in, could it be the clock speeds on them? I do recall my bios put the ram to automatic speed and not at a fixed 3000 mhz or something, not sure if that matters, also, my OS is on my M.2 SSD so I don't really have any choice of AHCI / IDE

I’m used to using iteration and mutable values for everything.

Try reinstalling your OS in your SATA SSD in first place.
And your RAM should run at the speeds XMP sets when you turn it on, the second you start messing with timings and speeds manually or automatically then expect stuff to go bad.

Well I want it on my M.2 since thats the whole reason I bought it for... I dont think it should be this problem though, I guess I'll look at my ram in the bios later on, any idea what speed I should be running G.Skill ram at with a 3600 ryzen cpu?

>any idea what speed I should be running G.Skill ram at with a 3600 ryzen cpu?
The speeds your RAM is rated at, that is what the XMP / A-XMP buttons are for.

>XMP / A-XMP

I don't know what that is, it's my first desktop pc I assembled, this is my ram: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-3200C16D-16GTZRX for AMD Ryzen & Threadripper 16GB RAM(2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16 1.35v Desktop Memory , 16-18-18-38

I'm guessing I need to go into the bios and make it run at 3200Mhz?

Which motherboard do you have?
MSI, ASUS?

ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 ATX

can i start my career in IT with just certs or do i need a degree?

I feel like i can get the A+ easily if i study for a month

Go to OC Tweaker, post a picture of what the DRAM timing configuration looks like.

I've finally bit the bullet and grabbed this book. I've also grabbed the answer book and although my solutions look nothing like theirs, I get the same result, so I'm learning from that as well.
I'm having an issue with the following.....
>Chapter 2 Exercise 2-6. Write a function setbits(x, p, n, y) that returns x with the n bits that begin at position p set to the rightmost n bits of y, leaving the other bits unchanged.
My question is this....
If x = 0XF8 (1111_1000) and y = 0XAA (1010_1010) what should the result be for
x = setbits(x, 4, 3, y);
I have assumed the question wants you to move n bits from p to (p + 1 - n) then swap the last n bits of y with those n bits copy y to x and return the result, which gives me 0XAE.
The answer book interprets the question as:
>set n bits of x at position p with bits of y.
How should I be interpreting this question?

Attached: 1554115242361.jpg (210x240, 9K)

Here's my code and my workout sheet.....
/* setbits: get n bits from position p set to the rightmost n bits of y */
unsigned setbits(unsigned x, int p, int n, unsigned y) {
return (x >> (p + 1 - n)) & ~(~0 (p + 1 - n)) & ~(~0

Attached: 1545752258455.png (2542x3502, 71K)

XMP 2.0 Profile 1: DDR4-3200 16-18-18-38 1.35V

DRAM Frequency [DDR4-2133]: AUTO

When I click auto I have a choice to choose frequencies anywhere from ~2100 to 3600ish, right now I think it's automatically adjusting the ram clock speeds since it says auto?

1Password or Keepass?

In windows what speeds are showing right now?
post speccy/Hwinfo.

HOW THE FUCK DO I BLOCK GAYTUBE VIDEO ADS ON UNKIKED CHROMIUM HOLY FUCK

ublock works on the text/image ads, but I can't find a way to block the video ads, sometimes I have to reload a video like 10 times / open it in a new tab several times before they fuck off

niggers these ads don't work on me, fuck you!!!!

Attached: 1561835081870.gif (500x281, 3M)

Hey where the fuck can i find Type A power strips?
my buddies house is wired for type A even though he lives in the states.

Keepass
Bitwarden

Think I found it

Attached: 1562467997749.png (1920x8181, 1.65M)

I don't want to install 3rd party stuff/dont like it, is there any way I can check natively on windows? I do have Ryzen Master app, does it show ram frequencies there?

Woah, thank you user! I kept this thread up just in case someone found it and you did.

Nvm, using wmic, I get

>wmic memorychip get speed
>Speed
>2133

Alright you narrowed it to two choices, now which one is superior? Or now it just comes down to preference?

It's fine, mate
I absolutely love these guide-type images. here's one more for you for being so polite

Attached: k5tbq6bog1h31.jpg (1072x670, 115K)

I actually really enjoy guide images, infographics and anything of the sort too. I should start hoarding all of them I find on 4ch and other places.

Both speccy and hwinfo have portable versions you don't need to install.
Anyway, force your RAM speed to be 3200MHz.

>First those updates are included in LTSC
No, they are not. The update to improve performance with Ryzen 3 is exclusive to 1903+. It will not be backported to previous releases of Win10, so it will not be part of LTSC until the next major release in a couple of years.

you definitely should, mate
there's a bunch of shite like these out there and a lot of them are actually useful, mainly the survival stuff

Attached: avqaweok88b31.jpg (720x723, 87K)

A lot of them can also misinform you though. Always have to take it carefully.

please respond, the fucking kikes are laughing on my face by showing me liek 10 ads in a row

use firefox + ublock

firefox + adnauseum
I never get a jewtube ad.

Wtf? 16GB is enough for at least 2 years still and I am a goddamn game-dev. Are you some pajeet with his bloated form software? How the fuck do you use 32 fucking GB?

How user is a Linux live cd? Does it give me a randomized Mac like tails?

Are you usin ublock origin? There's another ublock that's trash

Oh didn't know that thanks, also yea I'll see if that makes a difference

Sideways photos. Anyone else experience this in the clover app for Android? It doesn't seem to happen in the Mimi app or anywhere else I upload photos from my phone.

Even if I manually rotate the photos in a photo editor the photos still come out sideways.

I'm on a Galaxy Note 10+.

Pls halp.

Attached: 20190907_172445.jpg (4032x1908, 2.35M)

well since you said pls...
Jow Forums strips the EXIF metadata which contains the rotation. with no metadata, it defaults to a rotation of zero degrees.

I have the data input, no problem
Its how to do this rounding so its easier to find data and how to make it so its easier to read and count

So there's no way around it? Why does it only happen in the Clover app?

Testing from Mimi

Attached: 20190907_180956.jpg (4032x1908, 2.53M)

Nevermind. So it's definitely Jow Forums as a whole.