GPD MicroPC

Really like the concept. Does it worth it though?

Attached: wsl_02.jpg (650x500, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-usb-creator/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

are you a child? who the fuck wants to type on a keyboard that size.

I do travel a lot, I find the opportunity of having a full-fledged laptop when you're on the airplane appealing

Then get a subnotebook

Nah just use your phone. What are you trying to get done on a micropc anyway? Android has gotten very expansive on function/features these days.

then fly business class

that's fucking adorable please get that

It's also dogshit performance/dollar. People already have a god dam mini computer in their pocket and they don't even know it.

there are billion core phones and tablets available and you want to carry that? if i saw you pull that out on a plane i'd point and laugh

Making a Swiss army knife USB with all kinds of diagnostic and trouble shooting tools

I put Hiren's bootcd PE and HD sentinal on it already. What other tools should I throw in there?

Attached: file.png (1200x901, 77K)

Everything's technically a computer now thanks to microcontrollers, doesn't mean they're good at general-purpose work.

Smartphones suck ass for anything other than Facebook.

How do you do this??

pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-usb-creator/

Have you use termux or limboemu before?

Those tech demos nobody does anything with with other than dicking around? Yeah. They're not very useful on an iToy clone with nothing but a touch screen.

What is this a for ants?

I guess it's meant to be very portable

It's kind of dumb to be honest. Like an answer looking for a question.

I like that analogy

>Does it worth it though?
Absolutely. Would buy again.
It looks like it would be a pain in the ass to use, right? But it's actually very easy. For strange brain anatomy reasons I don't have the necessary knowledge to explain, the skill of touch-typing with your fingers is transferable to touch-typing with your thumbs, or with one thumb and four fingers.
Can't hold in your hands.
Botnet. Also you can't program on them.

Attached: micropc.png (1097x877, 1.34M)

Shitty keyboard layout.

They need to use that blackberry style touch keyboard and remove the trackpad.

yeah the keyboard layout is a little subpar but if they remove the trackpad what do you propose they replace it with

trackpoint ofc

i anticipated you'd opine this and i was going to reply with
>muh nipple meme
but then i realized it could easily be countered with
>muh umpc meme
so i'll abstain

>uptime 2 minutes
Admit it, you don't even use the thing. I have an Acer Aspire One basically like pic related which is not too far from what you have and I never use it.

Attached: 81oTXLyjG6L._SX355_.jpg (355x266, 15K)

The first gdp pocket had a trackpoint. Was removed in the 2nd version for an infrared sensor or some shit like what was on some blackberries.

>Admit it, you don't even use the thing.
I do actually. I use it when I leave the house. As you can clearly see I'm at home in that picture so no indeed I wasn't actually using it.

>Intel
Yikes

I like mine but I don't use it as often as I thought I would. Keyboard/screen ratio is fine. It's not great to type but whatever you can type on a 6" screen is very possible on the keyboard (some dozens lines of code work fine, but not a phd thesis).
Also, vim with thumb typing is a bit suboptimal.

>Also, vim with thumb typing is a bit suboptimal.
normie get out

I want a device like this to strap to my forarm and wear like a pipboy so that when im walking down the street there is absolutely no question about the level of my autism and the length of time since I last had sex.

>Botnet. Also you can't program on them.
get geminiPDA or cosmo communicator, you can run full debian on them, unless you need windows then gpd seems only option

7/8 inch ThinkPad-esque design when, TrackPoint only pls

Dragonbox Pyra
preorder now

Attached: DragonBox-Pyra-Open-Source-Handheld-Games-Console-1.jpg (700x500, 97K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190908-090721(1).jpg (720x1220, 139K)

Get one of the itty bitty Thinkpads or a chromebook or something.

>chromebook
>android tablet with a glued on keyboard
Just use your phone

now compile your IDE on device

imagine using that in public

Attached: 1549401798349.jpg (1054x597, 68K)

mmmm, very nice, user
I love my pocket chip
also arduboy is pretty cool

Just get a tablet and root it.
Bluetooth keyboards exist and you can have a vm to install linux on it.
It is better and cheaper.
Also it looks better when you are using a tablet over a laptop like that

Form factor is absolute garbage for programming compared to the micropc, which is actually usable for programming despite what you might think.

When I said you "can't" program on a phone, I didn't mean "can't" in terms of software, I meant "can't" physically.

Why would you want a more expensive, less power-efficient, x86-incompatible device?

>Does it worth it though?
Depends on what you want to do with it. I'd say yes.

Attached: Now_this_is_multitasking_2.jpg (2560x1440, 1.58M)

Just get a bluetooth keyboard you dumb fuck.

Why should I when a micropc:
>is physically easier to use
>doesn't need bluetooth
>has a keyboard that's attached to the screen by a hinge, which is something you can't find these days for phones
>uses an architecture compatible with desktop binaries
>doesn't force you to use a garbage fire as an OS