Shill me on the NZXT H710

I'm fairly certain I'm gonna get it for a wholesome, RGB free build. Looks wise, there's just nothing like it.

Attached: large_d8cfc053daad9fae.jpg (900x900, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3309-nzxt-h500-case-review-thermals-noise-vs-s340
bit-tech.net/reviews/tech/cooling/noctua-nh-u12a-review/2/
youtube.com/watch?v=ApdliGCqtZg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no reason to get it over the h500

Really? It's clearly better.

i mean, at least imo. i was going for the 700 but decided on the 500 after sperging over reviews of both

Noo don't do it, the 710 has a better side panel mechanism, just one screw, and there's those grill vents up top too, it's an inexpensive case, unless you're hurting for cash you should get it.

It's shit. Good luck wasting money on a piece of garbage.

the h500 has the same side panel mechanism, but i'll concede that the top grill vents are based.
also its too late lol, ive already been using the 500. it's pretty comfy anyway

what do you recommend

>muh 14 hdd mounts
>where tf are my 14 hdd mounts

Attached: angry-homer-57be44206bf66.jpg (983x1200, 80K)

The h710/700 cools much better out of the box. You can add some fans for the H500 on the front to improve it but it'll be like $30-60 to match it anyway. Still cheaper by about 50 bucks on the low end but you definitely get more out of the box with the h700.

The H700 is more than double the price of the H500 for minimal difference other than being larger.

Extra front fans make no difference on the H500, you can look up videos on the subject.

gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3309-nzxt-h500-case-review-thermals-noise-vs-s340

Not true. The h500 is noticeably worse at cooling. The h700 is on par with the stock meshify c in CPU while the h500 falls far behind and needs extra fans at the front to come close.

>bro just get Meshify

Wow, those 3 degrees CPU temperatures sure are noticeable, and the same GPU temperatures. You really showed me.

meshify c and h500 cost the same, should I just get the meshify?

Fuck NZXT any company that would dare to distribute software as trashy as CAM is not to be trusted.

It comes down to personal tastes.

They sell non CAM versions and make improvements on their line, seems good. Now Corsair, they have completely lost it.

It's 7C for CPU stock to stock

I just looked up 2 videos. One of them was a stock 7600k and the other showed no difference between the h500 and a meshify S2 but didn't see specs. Needless to say I'm going to say that small youtubers have no idea what they're actually doing or don't have any equipment to actually test. Yea, if your cooling something that barely produces any heat you won't notice any differences or maybe you'll even get counterintuitive results. That's what a bottleneck is. If you need sufficient cooling though you'll see different results.

AIOs are another case of this
bit-tech.net/reviews/tech/cooling/noctua-nh-u12a-review/2/

They made a new version of CAM they claim allows you to completely turn off data collection as well as being more stable and performant. "NZXT CAM" iirc, same name but with their brand in front

You are dumb, all you need to do is remove the dust filter of the top. Since both fans in the case is set to exhaust there is literally no reason to have a dust filter there, it is functionally useless.

This brings the difference between the H700 and the H500 down to 3 degrees and that is the difference that should matter. No re positioning of fans, no extra fans needed. Simply removing the completely useless dust filter that does nothing, it is how the case should ship and is a packaging error by NZXT most likely.

Again, you are dumb and don't know what you are talking about. The reason extra fans don't do anything for the H500 is because the side ventilation is so limited that most of the intake of air is just exhausted air being filled, unlike a more open solution were front intake fans can be used to push in air faster. There are videos on this subject that show the effect of fans having no realistic benefit on the case.
youtube.com/watch?v=ApdliGCqtZg

>Yea, if your cooling something that barely produces any heat you won't notice any differences or maybe you'll even get counterintuitive results. That's what a bottleneck is. If you need sufficient cooling though you'll see different results.

This is just nonsense, you don't understand thermals.

I've heard that gpu cooling in the 500 is better than the meshify, can this be fixed by installing aftermarket fans or something?

All of this can be solved by buying cheap case fans off of amazon just get what looks best for you OP

>You are dumb, all you need to do is remove the dust filter of the top
>wow all you have to do is remove the front panel from 99% of cases it's just a packaging error

Idiot.

>Again, you are dumb and don't know what you are talking about. The reason extra fans don't do anything for the H500 is because the side ventilation is so limited that most of the intake of air is just exhausted air being filled
Except they clear do in the GN review. The front intake produces much better results than the stock configuration on an overclocked i7, so no the side ventilation is only limited by the intake or lack thereof.

>This is just nonsense, you don't understand thermals.
You're a retard. A heatsink's ability to radiate heat depends on its temperature, literally the heatsink's temperature. A heatsink that's hotter can emit and lose more heat to the air. That's why smaller heatsinks stabilize at a certain temperature (higher than larger heatsinks) instead of letting the CPU burn out, they reach a certain temperature at which they reach an ideal efficiency. The cooler the heatsink (and the cooler the heatsource) the lower the efficiency, the more significant the internal ambient temperature delta has to be to make a difference. It's why when you look at GN's chart the idle temperatures are most cases are within 2C of the median idle even in cases with garbage airflow that choke CPUs on load.

You don't even understand the basics so no one should be listening to you. Or that youtuber for that matter... Stick a 3900X in there and you'll find a huge difference between cases

Just get a NR600. Mesh front and cheap too.

Attached: images (50).jpg (529x579, 27K)

Damn, that case looks like a modern art installation. Damn nice

still a piece of shit that randomly crashes corrupting the installation forcing a removal, registry cleaning and re-installation. CAM is still hot garbage. NZXT has no business making any kind of software tool. Do not buy anything from NZXT that relies on the gabage known as CAM, it will crash frequently, it will get corrupted, it will waste your time.