Found one of these new-in-box at a goodwill for $5. Should I have bought it? I guess I could go back...

Found one of these new-in-box at a goodwill for $5. Should I have bought it? I guess I could go back, but I thought about why. Is there a benefit? I thought I could use that gay round mouseport they still insist on putting into every motherboard still.

Oh, general mouse thread too I guess.

Attached: 8bebd29e0b1970dc7b1be6ad8a731f60.jpg (600x450, 60K)

It's a fucking 20 years old mouse, take a wild guess.

>that gay round mouseport

Attached: 1561576353098.jpg (1024x683, 53K)

I mean, I know its a ps/2 port, but the damn thing is as old as I am. Guess what, i'm 32 years old.

Yea, the Personal System 2 by IBM in 1987 is 32 years old. its the outdated gay round port.
are you 65+ or something?

You wouldn't want to use a ball mouse in the current year

BALL MOUSE THREAD

BENEFITS OF BALL MICE
- You can take the ball out and put it next to your crotch and tell your friend/significant other that you have three balls
- ???
- ???

>tell your friend/significant other that you have three balls
or one

Found this for $25 at a goodwill

Attached: IMG_20190907_231742.jpg (4608x3456, 3.15M)

Wouldn't pay a penny over $1 freedombuck even if I really wanted it
Those are absolute dog shit. If you've got more than like 2 wireless devices look for something better. You can get used enteprise grade shit like Unifi or Engenius for 25 bucks or less.

>Still does its job better than its replacement

>Gay round port

Then make something better, oh, that's right, you can't because does everything that's ever been asked of it.

>You can get used enteprise grade shit like Unifi or Engenius for 25 bucks or less.

Why on earth would user do that if all he needs is a dual band router?

Solid find.

are you mad

PS-2 is fucking shit, the pins inside are really easy to bend and the connector is fucking hard to plug into especially if your computer case is put under the table like most older PCs. The only thing it does better than current ports is providing true nkro for keyboards, which is completely irrelevant for mice.

PS/2 cant get viruses
PS/2 doesnt share a bus with every other usb peripheral
PS/2 has lower latency and cpu interupt without polling
PS/2 is less power hungry and can allow turning off USB controller to save even more
PS/2 requires no drivers for linux/bsd/freedos/reactos/hackintosh and in the case of windows to install non native USB3 drivers

PS/2 is the last stand of the white man.

>real easy
I dunno, for me it's fine. Maybe you should stop being retarded?

Tits or gtfo

Because not only have I had one personally, but have installed multiple for others with atrocious results. Like I said, a couple of devices no big deal, but they cannot handle much more than that without serious performance problems. And they're only like 40 bucks new, why would you pay more than 5 to 10 dollars for a used one?

You only need to plug in your mouse once to use it. Are you plugging and unplugging your mice, like wtf???

>$25
Goodwill has gotten pretty crazy with their prices recently. A year ago, that wouldn't be more than $8

Attached: shock_af.gif (540x270, 3M)

Someone please post the Chad ps/2 vs Virgin USB.
I'm away from my desktop or I'd post it.

holy crap, i've used that mouse and it's successors for as long as i can remember.
I'd buy it just to keep it as an artifact.

The only thing ball mice were good for was you could take out the ball and throw it at people. Those things fucking hurt! Was always a favorite thing of mine to do at school.

Attached: virgin-usb-chad-ps2.png (908x444, 112K)

Mostly on point, but you can buy USB shit in any color you want. I literally keep all my shit at work red, simply because my coworkers seem to love using other people's cords, and pretending that they didn't know it was theirs. First time someone pulled out a micro USB cord from my machine, I was able to immediately find the guy. He tried the same old excuse, so I asked him to show me his red micro USB cord. Hasn't happened since.

>hey psst you know user in the corner right?
>yeah that wierd kid
>yeah he's a bit touchy-feely when it comes to his stuff. Once saw him sperg out and break down when Paul borrowed an usb cable to charge his phone. Guy seems to be a bit autistic, keeps all his stuff in red and constantly talks about "minimalism". I try not to go near him too much

do you also have a red stapler?

They can say what they like. I lost like 25 bucks worth of cables by keeping the black, and its no longer a problem.

It's red and silver, but yeah. Got it back in college, when some "limited edition" stapler was on clearance for like a buck more than the normal stapler. Can't even find a pic of it online.

Found it. It's the red one.

Attached: Swingline-Optima-Limited-Edition-Desk-Stapler-L13334133.jpg (650x650, 47K)

Why would anyone give a shit about the opinion of thieves? It isn't borrowing if you never get it back.

>I thought I could use that gay round mouseport they still insist on putting into every motherboard still.
You must be 18 years old to post here.

Attached: brainlet-trike.jpg (326x294, 34K)

>needs to be cleaned regularly because it gets dirty inside and stops working properly
>won't outlive an actual mouse (as in the animal)
Right, I really don't miss old school ball mice.

nice
the office space-style red swingline 747 classic is a chase pack with the black ones (2 reds for every 8 black ones iirc), so I wonder if that one is too and you have a particularly limited limited edition red stapler.

hijacking this thread:
someone post the tier list for mice please