Which Linux Distribution "Just Works"...

Which Linux Distribution "Just Works"? As in the less I have to fiddle with the command line to actually start doing things with it, the better?

Attached: King_crimson.jpg (2500x2146, 486K)

just use mint. u dont need to even use the command line once.

Install Gentoo

this

Arch

start with linux mint. once you get used to it switch to debian. once you're used to that switch to some esoteric distro like void. also, browse as much as you can.

Attached: stalker-other-STALKER-фэндомы-Anime-3208789.png (512x1280, 749K)

Which DE should I use for someone who likes responsiveness over fancy animations or whatever?

Attached: June-Page one.jpg (600x854, 363K)

Literally none of them "just work".

>Install most stable, most supported, most developed distro
>Download drivers for all your shit
>Driver doesnt work
>Download some open source drivers for your rotating dragon dildo lamp
>Have to compile from source
>Ok, ill need X, Y and Z
>X hasnt been supported since 1992, Y is currently broken with the newest patch that I installed to secure my system, Z works but you have to download a version that is 'beta' because the other one has a known issue that is not allowing you to use the features you need
>Finally get environment set up with some sort of ghetto patch you downloaded for Y from opensores.net.org.com/freesoftwareforlife_thanksobama along with some random github project that claims to be the currently supported X although it's written by a guy who only speaks chinese so any documentation is broken English and all the code is written in mandarin.

>Compile it
>"Error #100101034104u18048104810481048iowjwe,nqs unsupported font type, install veranda version 1.1.1.2.4.7.21c-14b update pack 27"
>"It just werks"

If you want a responsive DE, use xubuntu or lubuntu

solution is don't try to install it on unsupported hardware

ubuntu. shut up with this question, stop believing in retarded Jow Forums users and their irrelevant meme distros
just use ubuntu. it works

Ubuntu, Mint and Manjaro.
In that order.

Ubuntu is the closest to a JustWerks experience.

>He thinks you need to manually install drivers

Ubuntu and Mint choose one

mint (with cinnamon) is fine. if you don't like it switch to xubuntu.

I laughed

>Don't install unsupported hardware
I think you have it backwards, don't install unsupported software.

another day another rupee

Linux Mint

if community support is inadequate then feel free to purchase a support plan from red hat, canonical, suse, or any other gnu/linux company

Mint Xfce

Latest Ubuntu just works. I've been forced to use it at work, and hell, it's not bad. Then again, I've got a pretty powerful workstation, so I can't say what it is like on, let's say, a laptop

CentOS

Fedora. I have never found a distro that's that easy to set up. Fuck Ubuntu and fuck outdated distros like Debian.

>As in the less I have to fiddle with the command line to actually start doing things with it, the better?
haha
no, you have to fix with the command line in every distro to get the perfect configurations, like you can't even disable mouse acc without the command line
nevertheless, the terminal is comfy, i recommend learning it for stuff that's faster than gui

unironically KDE, it has the most fancy stuff but it becomes very lightweighted and good after disabling shit

Pop!_OS, haven't had to use terminal once. Actually pretty great for a laptop (they're geared for them)