It's unironically reliable and easy to maintain

>It's unironically reliable and easy to maintain
>In case you fuck up(installing tons of aur packages or nvidia cancerous drivers) make sure you backed up your stuff it's easy to make it work after
>Packaging is very simple, and you can read that any program from the AUR will do to the system
>Up to date software, quick security fixes, and quick bug fixes duo to small patching process
Arch is as good as any other distro, don't let people meme you otherwise.

Attached: 2070212_1.jpg (630x630, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Network_configuration
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Partitioning
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/File_systems
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_boot_process
youtu.be/7Uj9GYQKQx0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

most software doesn't need to be up-to-date

Finally someone said it, Arch is a really great distro, it's really simple to use and well documented, you don't have to bang your head against a wall to get it work, the only problem i have with it is while it's simple, It's too simple, the Package manager is really weak, but it's easy to use.
>i use Arch/Linux+GnU/systemd/i3/4channels btw

>i3
Use XFECES faggot.

cope harder, debian shitter

KDE/Plasma is only sane DE for modern desktop computer.
XFECES are for thinkpads

I use XFCE with Chicago95, best DE theme ever.

Manjaro is superior. Only riceshitters that spend more time on maintaining their system instead of being productive and actually coding use Arch.

i was just kidding nigger, i use frankenwm and sometimes KDE
xfce sucks cock

>maintaining their system
i literally don't and i'm using arch.
>being productive and actually coding use Arch.
I'm dying over here lmao
cope harder Manjaro fag, Manjaro is basically Arch

Could've spent those 24 hours learning how to install Arch to learn more code instead, my dude

>memewm
Executeth thine self.

I use XFCE on my T400, default, whatever is for xubuntu 18.04 it's a DE for a thinkpad, not much to say. Reminds me of old good GNOME 2 days. God, I loved GNOME2!
And openSUSE with KDE/Plasma on desktop. No complains on either. It just works

MATE is the closest to a modern maintained GNOME2 DE you will get without installing deprecated software. It's literally GNOME2 if they never hired niggers, trannies and web developers to work on it.

Arch is a pain in the ass to configure and set up, a time sink.

Nah, I got used to full screen dash menu
And finally, I think, I started to like KDE

I remember when I switched to Gentoo, I missed Arch so much the first months, its was so simple and easy to use. It truly is a great distro.

>[*** ] A stop job is running for Session 1 (59s / 1min 30s)

Attached: pjne1.jpg (500x500, 104K)

>40 minutes once is a time sink
I jerk off for longer than that faggot.

>40 min to learn how to do something you never done before
If you say it isn't a time sink, then you're full of shit.

Git gud faggit, learning shit fast is #1 most important skill, and if you can't teach yourself simple shit like disk partitioning, chrooting and fstab, you're never gonna make it.

Uhhuh

He's right, tho
Arch wiki is pretty much step by step
If you failed, it's most likely because of your poor english and computer skills.

Right, assuming everything that you need to setup, configure, and install is in an ordered number of steps on the same wikipage.

>can't not see the fat man
Godfuckingdammit

any monkey can follow steps from a wiki page, but only wh*te men can truely understand what each step is doing.

>hobbies: arch linux

Attached: 106838.png (306x329, 21K)

On that note, install gentoo, it's basically the same as an arch install except you don't get pacstrap and you have to have patience when configuring and compiling the OS, another trait found primarily in wh*te men.

>he couldnt install gentoo
Lol

>Uninstall program
>Breaks Pacman because of dependency

Epic!

Attached: 700.jpg (200x313, 10K)

All roads lead to Gentoo

Explain why it's a meme?
>Dynamic
>good floating support
>lightweighted
>sane defaults
i the only thing i configured is the "quit programs" key + changed the window border color, it literally got everything i need.
here's my workflow:
>monocle mode 99% of the time
>1% of the time is tiling
>floating is too easy in the 1% times
Ok sorry for replying seriously, didn't realise you're trolling, carry on my dude

KILL YOURSELF

40 min is nothing you fucking zoomer lmao, it's true that something like manjaro takes way less but imo the thing with arch is whenever the system breaks, it's your fault and you exactly know how to fix it because you are the one who wrote the configurations, you don't need to fix config files you didn't write

Why can't other distro's get their shit together and have something like AUR? Installing self compiled stuff on debian-like distros and trying to package it so that it can be installed and removed properly is just horrible shitshow compared to having a simple PKGBUILD from which makepkg generates the package without hassle.

Average WPM reading speed is 250
>hmm want to install arch linux
wiki.archlinux.org/ > Installation guide
1,729 words = 7 minutes
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Network_configuration
5,145 words = 20 minutes
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Partitioning
3,707 words = 15 minutes
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/File_systems
2,296 words = 9 minutes
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_boot_process
1,894 words = 8 minutes
Total minutes = 59 minutes
This is not including added time such as reading comprehension and learning as well as using wikipedia for learning about unknown concepts the extra reads and reading more archwiki articles like for separate packages or modules, nor is it including desktop environments vs window managers, applications, sound setup, and just about everything that you would typically use on an arch linux setup.

Now stop spouting bull shit. Everyone and their grandma that has used arch knows that you are full of shit.

But it is not 40 minutes.

Stop seeking reassurance from incel zoomers on Jow Forums. Use Arch, don’t listen to distro hopping Xubuntu/Void/anti-systemd “people”. Respect yourself.

RsadEAWMpfmapfmaw'f
are you for real now? my first install which was 2 months ago took literally 45 minutes, it was too easy. just fuck off

Attached: fd42ed2ac444ec95645e3277e31f919a8d91b3c600868c829c491a0ab5e831c2.jpg (2460x1573, 1.66M)

Buddy, you can stop lying that someone getting into arch takes 45 minutes. I literally just proven that it is not the case. Now, please kindly fuck off with the lies.

also even if it was 60 minutes
60 minutes is still not a lot you fucking zoomer, ok read the rest, the only thing i installed is plasma xorg stuff and pulse audio lol, you are just over complicating it

Everything in Arch needs to be configured, unless you are using a desktop environment that does most of the work. Yes, Arch does over complicates things. This is especially so if you don't use a desktop environment.

KILL YOURSELF I'M SICK OF YOU PEOPLE

>He has to read literally every word to understand basic shit and doesn't know what skim reading is
Never gonna make it user.

>tfw manjaro i3 Chad

imagine being a retard being forced to install DEs and WMs from scratch like ArchIncel-users

>Arch is a pain in the ass to configure and set up, a time sink.
youtu.be/7Uj9GYQKQx0
Woooooooooooooooooow, so fucking hard.

>snorting autism meds
That's bad user

If developerssay it should be, then it should be. Unless you know the codebases better than them...

he doesn't know...

Attached: Gentoo_Logo_Vector.svg.png (730x768, 111K)

checkinstall

>yeah bro compile every package with -Ofast/-O3 to destroy your i$
>yeah bro don't do PGO and LTO because that would mean editing your use flags

Developers say it should be because that makes things more convenient for them.

I don't use software to make things more convenient for the developers, I use it to make things more convenient for me.

When you whine on the internet over a bug/exploit/lack of feature that is not in the newest version, you are defacing the product and lying to others.

1.) Security-critical software where you care very much about patching exploits promptly is much less common than non-security-critical software where either bugs in it are just unexploitable, or where your exposure is very low if they is.
2.) I don't know about you, but I more often find myself whining about the developers adding something I didn't want and making the latest-and-greatest version that much worse. That is, when I care at all. It's much more common for the stuff added and changed in the latest release to be stuff that I don't care about at all in a positive or negative way. In which case, why bother with an upgrade?

The installer crashes all the time.