Oh no no no no

Oh no no no no

>NEW DELHI — India’s first attempt to land on the moon went awry early Saturday when the country’s space agency lost contact with the lander as it neared the lunar site, minutes before touchdown was expected.

>Hours later, there was still no official word on whether signals disappeared because of a problem on the lander or because it crashed onto the surface of the moon, but Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in an address to the nation Saturday morning, indicated that the mission had failed.

>“We came very close but we need to cover more ground,” Modi said. “Our determination to touch the moon has become even stronger.”

washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/india-attempts-to-become-the-fourth-nation-to-land-on-the-moon/2019/09/06/2533b3da-d0bc-11e9-9031-519885a08a86_story.html

Attached: 11466256-3x2-large.jpg (700x467, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zeenews.india.com/india/chandrayaan-2-vikram-lander-s-location-found-confirms-isro-chief-k-sivan-2233051.html
youtube.com/watch?v=5xKJG00-S_c
m.youtube.com/watch?v=bYb3bfA6_sQ
dailydot.com/irl/android-relationship-iphone/
leafandcore.com/2019/08/24/green-bubbles-are-a-turn-off-why-some-iphone-users-wont-date-android-users/
gizmodo.com/im-buying-an-iphone-because-im-ashamed-of-my-green-bubb-1787965756
twitter.com/hashtag/greenbubbles
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>>Hours later, there was still no official word on whether signals disappeared because of a problem on the lander or because it crashed onto the surface of the moon
Fucking hell, they were streaming the shit live from the control room and the entire Internet saw it tumble and not recover fast enough to land safely.
What is the point of trying to hide what happened?

What's the point at all? Yeah great you landed on the moon, your country is still a shithole. Good job accomplishing what a bunch of commie slavshits did 53 FUCKING YEARS AGO

Stupid mission, what's this doing to reduce their nation debt, surely that's more important?

imagine being so racist that you dont care for the technology at all and instead are happy at the loss of it because it happened to another country not yours :^)

Technological progression.
Scientific research.

>what's this doing to reduce their nation debt, surely that's more important?
Can you name a country that is seriously trying to reduce their national debt?

>Technological progression.
>Scientific research.

Attached: vO7lRZ7.jpg.png (621x702, 56K)

Neither of which means much to someone shitting in the street. And as I said this ground was already covered half a century ago.
You don't want to play devil's advocate on this one, it's really indefensible from every standpoint imaginable.

Found the retard. There is no "powerful" nation that has done anything to decrease its national debt.

>India lands on the moon and considers themselves to be a superpower
>Actual relevant countries smile knowingly and carry on building safe, modern sewage systems and infrastructure with their budgets
Bunch of deluded screeching monkeys, they wouldn't even have their tinpot rocket without foreign aid

>Neither of which means much to someone shitting in the street.
So?

>he believes in debt
Debt is something governments and banks use to keep people in check. Amazon has lost money for the first 20 years of existence, that's all 'debt'. Trump is billions of dollars in debt. Debts are for poor people and poor countries.

>this ground was already covered half a century ago
It doesn't count because both the US and the former USSR still have poor people. They wasted their money on space technology instead of fixing their domestic problems, and we're still waiting for proper civilized humans to reach the moon.

>And as I said this ground was already covered half a century ago.
Except no. If it was just to land, then yes that has been done. But the goal is scientific research of the Moon, and we have done fuck all of the potential scientific research of the Moon.
This ground has not been covered. You're just an idiot.

>and we have done fuck all of the potential scientific research of the Moon.
Because there's literally nothing interesting there. It has a bunch of helium, but we can do research on that on Earth. The Apollo mission brought back hundreds of kilograms of moon rock and that told us all we need to know -- it's boring.

The Moon will be useful as a construction/layover/recovery base when we start reaching into different parts of the solar system. You'll probably also have hotels for rich Earth tourists. But scientifically, nothing to be learned that we already don't know or can't find out from Earth.

It would be much more interesting to start building a Moon base, and we have the technology to do it. However, it would just be a novelty undertaking because a Moon base can't do anything for us now, except space tourism. And clearly it is too expensive and will have a shit ROI to be viable for space tourism, otherwise Branson and Musk would have already made plans to do it.

>Poor people exist
>Therefore the greatest superpower on Earth is actually a terrible place
Dude, there is no better country than the US, and for you to think anyone can ever solve poverty at all is wishful thinking. There will always be the poor so long as mental illness exists

>Dude, there is no better country than the US
lol imagine actually thinking this. better in what respect?

>Because there's literally nothing interesting there.
>The Apollo mission brought back hundreds of kilograms of moon rock and that told us all we need to know -- it's boring.
Wow, the conclusion you came to is like the complete opposite of the people that matter.

SUPERPOWER 2030

on a sidenote I swear it used to say 2020
some lite mandela effect

Attached: 1558220169069.png (239x220, 85K)

I would never live in the US again. I've lived there for about 3 years, the pay was good but everything else was terrible. Guns are good but that's about it

well, getting that shit out of the planet is a progress.

Attached: Son-Goku on vacation form or maybe on happy form.jpg (1373x2025, 436K)

If the pay was good then what was the problem? America only sucks of you are middle class or poor. Otherwise the world is your fucking oyster here. It's great.

>If the pay was good then what was the problem?
Everything else.

failing that first and second and some others more moon landing should be normal!

Attached: chill out i got this.jpg (500x500, 66K)

X only sucks of you are middle class or poor. Otherwise the world is your fucking oyster, except maybe Somalia and other literal shitholes. 99% of the world is great.

Minorities (or should I say majorities), vocal fry, lgbt flags but also those gun and skull stickers, fake niceness, ugly buildings, fat people, crazy eyed methheads and nigger hordes as soon as I drove like 10 minutes from the suburb I was staying in, "workplace culture", every single thing about restaurants, the difficulty and price of acquiring food that didn't taste like sugar, and just the people in general.
People, especially women were always extremely fake nice, but at the same time I never felt like I was talking to an actual person, more like interacting with a vendor in an RPG. People would randomly start talking to me on the street but every interaction was very weird and surface level and I constantly felt like I was among strangers. I can't describe it well because either you feel this all the time or you've never felt it. It's like I never felt like I was among my own people even when I was near whites. And not just because I wasn't a local because this doesn't happen in other countries. The food was absolutely disgusting and I had to make my own bread and get most ingredients from overpriced millenial stores because everything else was disgustingly sweet. Even savoury foods tasted like someone dipped them in honey or some kind of syrup. My work had "team building" events and celebrations outside of work hours which were fucking weird and it was strongly implied that they were mandatory.
These are just what I personally found annoying and I bet a lot of them could be avoided if I lived in a smaller community or had enough money to fuck off to a gated neighborhood. In general what puts me off the most is how americans think of and interact with each other. It's like you all hate each other and find any excuse, no matter how small or ridiculous, to be mad and insult one another. It's like americans love confrontation and will do anything to get their fix of fighting and dehumanising a random group of people that they happen to hate that week.

But at the same time they will also act really "nice" to your face by default. It's very weird and off putting when a woman is saying HIIIIIIIIIII HOW AAAARE YOUUUU!!! with a smile so wide you actually have to stop and appreciate the fact that you can see every single one of her teeth, but at the same time knowing that she probably hates you and thinks you're a subhuman for something dumb like the brand of shoes you wear or your phone model.

Attached: 1567919896450.jpg (511x821, 161K)

what rocket is that? looks like an ariane 5

Imagine how much it must hurt to be Indian right now. They so desperately wanted something - anything - to stop all the laughter in their faces about shitting streets and incompetent tech support. This was their chance, and all it did was waste money and time to prove that they couldn't handle something done 50 years ago.
Imagine feeling a sense of pride for such a failure of a country that even Venezuelans had better international standing than you.

You're reading that wrong.
Americans are generally friendly and very open to public conversation with strangers. Yes, it does feel empty because they don't really think about what they want to say to you before they do it.
it was more likely that woman was quite pleased to see you in the way an employee of a business should. it's not totally genuine but it isn't bullshit either. the sweet shit everywhere is absolutely true. if it's not sweet it's salty and greasy.

>In general what puts me off the most is how americans think of and interact with each other. It's like you all hate each other and find any excuse, no matter how small or ridiculous, to be mad and insult one another.
this is not true. we hate the system we've built and the drudgery it requires of us. people who make that drudgery worse are despised. your coworkers and your customers are a team, without which the business could not survive, so you treat them with respect. yeah there are people who are just shitty actors and the fake smile they put on looks a million times faker, but it's not because we hate each other or some random passerby.

sounds like you went someone up north if all the service employees were empty, fake shitheads. there's a significant positive shift in personality as you go southward. even the McDonalds employees are nicer, at least until you get to Florida.

>implying I care
there's over a billion of us, lol.

NEW DEVELOPMENTS

Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) chief K Sivan on Sunday said that the location of Chandrayaan-2’s Vikram Lander, which had lost contact with the space agency 2.1 km above the Moon’s surface, has been found.

The ISRO chief, however, added that communication with Vikram Lander was yet to be established, reported news agency ANI.

“We have found the location of Vikram Lander on lunar surface and orbiter has clicked a thermal image of Lander. But there is no communication yet. We are trying to have contact. It will be communicated soon,” said Sivan.

Amid the gloom over losing contact with the Vikram Lander, Sivan had on Saturday said that ISRO would continue to make attempts to establish link for the next 14 days.

In an interview with state broadcaster Doordarshan, Sivan had said, "The last portion was not executed the right way, in that phase only we lost the link with the Lander, and could not establish communication subsequently. Right now the communication is lost. We will try to establish a link for the next 14 days."

>He added that 90 to 95 per cent of the mission objectives have been accomplished.
He added that 90 to 95 per cent of the mission objectives have been accomplished.
>He added that 90 to 95 per cent of the mission objectives have been accomplished.

zeenews.india.com/india/chandrayaan-2-vikram-lander-s-location-found-confirms-isro-chief-k-sivan-2233051.html

Once again, Jow Forums is WRONG.

It's not about racism, it's about human hybris and, of course, lulz. When 3/4 of your country's population does not have a loo, and you can't even get your city planning/traffic problems under control or pave your fucking shitting streets. Well...then going to the moon seems pretty insane.

That just shows that they weren't doing anything of any scientific value with the lander other than demonstrating they could put it there.

Yes, it's nice they have a space program but really when you have 100m of your people taking a dump in the open air because you don't have enough toilets or they couldn't be stuffed using them this really shouldn't be a priority.

>>He added that 90 to 95 per cent of the mission objectives have been accomplished
Reminds me of how Boeing have accomplished 99,99% of the mission objectives of building a plane that doesn't fall from the fucking sky.

>over 45k engineers
>only ~150 of them are H1B holders
sure bro, 150 Durgasoft students fucked Boeing up

Actually it's at 98% now, someone posted a study from BBC earlier.

>designated shooting schools

Good job accomplishing what a bunch of commie slavshits did 53 FUCKING YEARS AGO

what a bunch of commandeered German scientists did. FTFY

DAMNIT Sanjay you had one job. You had to put more curry in the thrusters!

>we need to cover more ground

Attached: machi_28.png (761x720, 795K)

>the java was not strong enough
>the needful was not done at all
from superpower by 2020 to superpooper by dwendy dwendy

I think whats very unsettling in the US that you never know if this is a normal black dude or a nigger. Always gotta be on your toes and change streets.

Colonise the moon for its resources

Pretty sure it's about racism.

Why do you people hate India so much? Shouldn't you be focusing your hatred on the global corporate shadow government where it belongs?

for all you people saying this is a waste of money, etc:
this is India's way of saying to Pakistan, we can make ICBMs.

Wait, are they only just now figuring out how to make ICBMs, too?

Landing being 5%.

>when you have 100m of your people taking a dump in the open air because you don't have enough toilets or they couldn't be stuffed using them this really shouldn't be a priority.
Social reforms are slow, technological reforms are fast.
Why would you prioritize the slow over the fast? That's just retarded. Having a successful space program can increase capital which then funds civil and social projects.
Going the opposite way won't yield the same benefits.

why didn't they just fake it like the u.s.?

Don't both India and Pakistan already have enough medium range missiles to wipe each other out anyway? You don't need a fucking ICBM to hit a neighboring nation. So I don't see how pakistan would be threatened in this situation.

t. Durgesh

That isn't hiding anything, user, they lost signal at some point and it's important evidence as to why the lander tumbled. If they didn't lose signal before the crash then that indicates the electronic systems worked fine, a lot can go wrong with spacecraft outside of the programming.

They don't care about ICBMs, they don't even need that shit to hit China.

So do you have a scat fetish or something? You don't know much about India and you're obsessed with literal shit. Vs a space program, something worthwhile and worth pursuing.

But is the moon contaminated now? Did the poos touch it?

An Indian WILL take a shit on the moon in your lifetime.
SUPERPOWER BY 2030

So wait, there was a huge crash on the moon? Did anyone catch that through a telescope? Must have been insane to see someone hurt it.

>they lost signal at some point and it's important evidence as to why the lander tumbled
It tumbled before signal was lost.
And if you watch Scott Manley's vid you will see we have third party data on the lander's velocity which shows that it wasn't slowing down at a rate which would allow it to soft land safely when signal was lost.
youtube.com/watch?v=5xKJG00-S_c

It's a debris field.

Yank's fault for not using superior metric measurements.

>It tumbled before signal was lost.
Undecided, signal was spotty when it tumbled. Was signal lost because of tumbling, or the other way around? That's the thing you aren't getting. You don't get to call shots, the only thing that matters is determining the exact order of events.

They're going to establish contact:

Yes, they can reach the moon but can they make a water tower fly AND land?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bYb3bfA6_sQ

t. has never been outside the US.
>Minorities (or should I say majorities), vocal fry
What is this exactly?
Never encountered this sort of behavior in my life, WTF. The over-familiarity, sure, though it's never bothered me. But people hating you for the brands you wear or your phone model I've never seen. Honestly Jow Forums and Jow Forums types in general seem much more judgy about those things, normies (and American normies) don't give a shit.

how come moon missions like this are allowed. they have pooed on moon wtf

I wish humans would come together to rid the world of indian "people." I mean let's face it, the world would better in every way if not for India. Better software, more jobs, actually able to go into orbit and hit collide with Indian debris.

It's time we commence operation shiva and remove India for good.

To all of you americans hating on poos, I hope China fucking takes over. I mean godddamn I hate chinkoids, but they're preferable to you.

They've paved a lot of their streets.

Does fecal matter count as pavement now?

Does shitposting count as posting?

t. seething poojeet. Trump has already won. It's just a matter of bleeding the chinks, and then you, dry.

Holy shit the curry tears are real. Also why do you have to rely on China taking over? I thought you guys were going to be a superpower by 2020?

scott manley's video pretty much covered everything.

I'm Central Asian, not curry.

>vocal fry
What, people were singing death metal in the streets? What does this mean

you are all a racist scumbags , india will prevail

RENT FREE

Attached: anime0nazi.jpg (900x675, 66K)

I bet you installed teamviewer.

P O O
O
O

>designated shitting steppes

>Undecided, signal was spotty when it tumbled.
Incorrect. The signal was fine when it tumbled.

Freedom of speech laws.

There are better countries.

Such as?

Canada.

Lul. Hate speech tribunals are a thing there.

Freedom of speech doesn't cover hate speech, even in USA.

Don't see an extrajudicial communist tribunals in USA?

>But people hating you for the brands you wear or your phone model I've never seen.
you never opened one of those twitter threads on here?

>twitter threads
Most well-adjusted normies do not behave like that except maybe when normie memeing online or something. If you notice, the people who are in those twitter threads are almost never normies.

I meant the bait threads where they take screenshots of nigress' twitter posts complaining about green bubbles

Link? I assume it's where ppl are shitting on Android users cause they don't have imessage or something.

I've no active ones rn but they come up often enough
dailydot.com/irl/android-relationship-iphone/
leafandcore.com/2019/08/24/green-bubbles-are-a-turn-off-why-some-iphone-users-wont-date-android-users/
gizmodo.com/im-buying-an-iphone-because-im-ashamed-of-my-green-bubb-1787965756
twitter.com/hashtag/greenbubbles

Ah, ok, that's what I thought. First of all, the green bubbles thing is a meme, although I do know some ppl who highly value imessage as a big part of their iphone experience. Second of all, notice that most of them are not actually shitting on other ppl (even as a meme) for preferring something else. Twitter encourages tribalism over stupid shit, but irl no one is going to judge you for what smartphone you use unless you're using something ridiculous. And even then it's not necessarily "judgement".

Too bad for India all their smartest people leave to work in the US and UK.

>It will be communicated soon,” said Sivan.

Attached: BD968925-713A-42FC-875C-8860FB66CA46.jpg (320x284, 35K)

Does Boeing engage contractors?

No sir we are doing the needful

I wouldn’t raise my kid in the US