Is there even a point of getting a tablet in 2019? Need something for browsing web/ reading e-books

Is there even a point of getting a tablet in 2019? Need something for browsing web/ reading e-books.

Attached: huawei-mediapad-t5-10-lte-3-32gb-czarny,34569245617_7[1].jpg (335x298, 11K)

just get mi pad 4

I don't get it - why are tablets so unpopular? They seem really convenient for watching media, browsing the Web.

>Need something for browsing web/ reading e-books.
That's exactly what a tablet is good at, user. This is the point of getting a tablet in 2019.

because they don't fit your regular sized front pants pocket. unless you still categorize 7" phones still as tablets in 2019.

im at this point too and im considering a tab s5e, since it has a beautiful screen and is cheaper than the tab s4

I'm a math major. I use a generic Lenovo Tab 4 8 as a graphing calculator, text-book reader, planner, on-the-go homework device, podcast player, game emulator, and occasionally I'll develop light applications and webpages on it. Recently I've been playing Baldur's gate on it. I personally love android tablets. I can use vi and emacs on it. I think most people don't use them because they think of them as giant phones. But if you have a use for them, they're fucking awesome. Plz upvote me.

I bought a surface pro 3 for school and haven't used it once since I graduated and that was 4 years ago

Between desktop and phone there really is no need for a tablet

That's probably because buying a surface is the same as buying a generic windows laptop. If you don't have a need for a tablet, you wont use it obviously.

Make an add on to make it battery powered and back up a bunch if pdf to it.

Tablets do still have their place in the world. For example, let's say one wants something for browsing web / reading e-books.

But in all seriousness what is the point of this thread

Install a vm with linux and root it.
Get a bluetooth keyboard and there you go.
Also make it battery powered (like AA or AAA battery) since it will make it last longer.

when you want big screen realestate when laying in bed but don't want to deal with an uncomfortable laptop

When i get deep in code, and im trying to think things through and clearly on my main screens, the last thing i want to do is screw things up by accidentally closing out a tab or app with my critical work.

So, I like taking my eyes off the main screens, and perusing books and docs on my kindle fire. I got ebooks, cheat sheet pdf's, my own notes, all kinds of references handy. I like it, plus it goes with me when I have to be in some waiting room, or waiting for gf in my vehicle.

If I lose it, no big. $50 bucks and just thrown all the docs back on. I got it in an Otter Defender, rugged. It stays propped up to view on my workstation when not with me someplace.

Attached: 1552034617714.jpg (750x1137, 119K)

Nexus 7 for 50€ and you're ok

They're objectively worse at web browsing and media than a PC.

what are you talking about

PCs are too heavy and burdensome to carry around the house with you.
Smartphones have too small of a screen for web browsing.

>Smartphones have too small of a screen
I fucking wish. You can barely find anything under 6" nowadays.

you can read manga in bed which is perfect for lazy NEET like me

>Nexus 7
fuck me thats old, at least get a N9, they still perform better than most midrange phones at least

what's the best cheap tablet in 2019?

damn I'd love to get a samsung galaxy tab if they aren't so aggressively overpriced

how cheap

amazon fire 7?

watching American television will help understand a lot of what we write

yeah theyre good but the new ones have alexa built in

define cheap

cheep cheep

But seriously, like around €100-130 type of cheap.

nice

Attached: presidentchingchong.png (597x601, 535K)

well, as a pilot, i'm forced to own an ipad because forelight is only available on ios

Attached: nothx.png (496x334, 7K)

im using samsung tab s2 8" for reading/browsing. its still breddy good

got an inherited tablet (lenovo with the fuckhueg battery cylinder) form my boomer mom.
I use it for reading and sometimes netflix if i am bored in bed.
all in all idk if i would buy a brand new one, but if you can get one second hand it has its uses.

because the average laptop got thinner and lighter to the point where they start to look like more attractive options unless you specifically only want a media consumption device

if you dont consume media, they're shit

either a chink tab or a refurbished Nexus 9

Android tablets are poorly made.
I tried to find one with lineageOS support and no screen flickering for shitposting and browsing. Only a few fills the requirements, like the the Mipad 1 from 2014. The only model that is worth buying right now is Google's pixel C. But unfortunately, this pixel garbage has a fatal design flaw.

Attached: 1567968229556.jpg (1042x1704, 765K)

I wouldn't call them unpopular, just less popular than they used to be when laptops were bulkier and phones were shittier.

Exact same thing happened to my Pixel 2 XL. Plugged it in at a friend's house and BAM, half the screen just pixelates like that.
Had to RMA.