The 4.4 Kitkat era was the golden age of Android

The 4.4 Kitkat era was the golden age of Android

>sexy phone designs like the Nexus 5
>no safetynet bullshit
>peak of XDA before the pajeets took over flodding every thread with volte begging
>New roms coming out everyday with imaginative features to fuck around with (PA, slimrom etc.)
>removable batteries and headphone jacks still common

take me back Jow Forums

Attached: 800px-Nexus_5_(Android_4.4.2)_Screenshot.jpg (800x1422, 104K)

Easily the best

Now that the itoddlers have file manager support, dark mode, can download through their browser, built in anti-tracking and anti-ad protection, a solid update ecosystem, and a new iPhone SE on the horizon, they have the golden age now.

It’s not fair Andbros!
How did we lose control?

Attached: aaaaaa.png (813x1402, 250K)

s tier: kitkat
a tier: nougat, gingerbread
b tier: jelly bean, oreo, pie, froyo
c tier: marshmallow
shit tier: lollipop, honeycomb

never used the rest

havent used an iphone for years. can you use extensions in firefox yet? can you download opensource apps without going through the apple appstore? how customisable is the launcher? can i rip out all the shitty stock apps if i want? any audio mods comparable to viper4android?

baby duck
do do doo doo doo doo
baby duck
do do doo doo doo doo
baby duck
do do doo doo doo doo
baby duck!

No, yes, not very, most of them, yes if you download an app that supports it.

Why is marshmallow c tier?

I honestly only care about icons. Everything is unusable abstract garbage now while it used to make sense before.
Also the settings are garbage now and everything is hidden for no reason.

Its basically just lollipop but with a load of stuff from that fuckup fixed. Google's vision for lollipop wasnt fully realised until nougat imo.

s tier: kitkat, jelly bean
a tier: ice cream sandwich, gingerbread, cupcake, donut
b tier: eclair, froyo, marshmallow
c tier: lollipop, nougat, oreo
shit tier: 10, pie, honeycomb
FTFY

why so hurtful, user?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-08-09-10-28.png (720x1280, 698K)

are 10 and pie REALLY in the same league as honeycomb? why?
nougat is not as shit as lollipop

I'm thinking about buying a refurb Nexus 5 just to run KitKat and be happy again, should I?

I used a OnePlus One with KitKat until February. More and more apps stop supporting Kitkat

Battery life will obviously be an issue but it's as comfy as an Android phone cang et.

Based and redpilled

Any Android version without toggles on the first swipe down is automatically inferior.

You can never go back and be happy again. It will only remind you of a feeling that you will never experience again.

Attached: 1555604410867.png (545x718, 188K)

I am on a 4.4 phone now, it sucks. Everyday more and more apps are disappearing from the store.

Wrong.
Nougat is complete crap. It is where os design started to be unbearable at the point where we are today (pic related).

Attached: Android_8.0_Oreo_Pixel.png (492x860, 187K)

t. Luddite

TabletUI was killed in 4.1 so obviously 4.4 is bullshit.

I am on pie in android one i wait for android 10 update

Modern android is soulless

>castrated sd card access
Hard pass.

I just wish Ubuntu Touch or some Linux mobile distro was actually good. I'd love the option to use real Linux software but also have compatibility with android apps through Bluestacks maybe? But streamlined so it doesn't suck ass. I can't just give up android and Google play because
>muh ecosystem
But I really want something better.

>mfw using google-less Nexus 5 with AOSP 4.4
peak comfy
prove me wrong

Attached: pepe5.png (1000x1000, 171K)

Nexus 5 owner here, it's not worth it. The hardware has aged and you will run into battery issues.
It's only a good option if you are desperate for a mobile Telegram machine + PDF viewer and want a cheap option.

Attached: ......jpg (500x681, 75K)

this bad boy with the tablet ui was the peak of smartphone aesthetics. a shame lg turned to shit

Attached: nexus 4.jpg (1920x1280, 470K)

Attached: nexus42.gif (760x428, 1.5M)

Jellybean was the real S tier. 4.4 is when Google introduced fuck ups with SD read/write permissions making it ay harder to use SD cards.

They started to jew out and force people towards internal storage so you could pay a pemium for getting your "upgraded" 32 GB phone at the cost it would take to buy a 256 GB MicroSDXC.

4.3 was king.

Attached: 22bad6f6c8addfc3841edbc436b7d4773e036ea52f4d7694265a78ea3bd89ff0.jpg (270x187, 13K)

still use mine every day

>no project treble allowing any relevant custom rom on every smartphone
It's shit.
>Removable battery
>3.5 mm jack
>foss apps
>free paid apps
still the best - android

yes. I've used pie for my job and it's so bad. I hate it. they fucked so much shit up. Oreo is shit too. Nougat is the last decent version. KK and JB were king though

those glass backs were a mistake
you either broke it or get a plastic cover and never see it again

I'm so glad that people realize the benefits that came with KitKat and jellybean. I though I was the only one.

I also still miss using my nexus 4, but have moved on to the one plus 5t with lineage os installed.

I wish I had that sexy phone when it was new, I did have a 16GB Nexus 5 which Jow Forums shilled for me. great phone, minus the camera and battery life, but the freedom to experiment with ROMs and all around good design made up for it.

>yes
no

This was such an awesome phone. I still have one in my drawer I'd be using today if I hadn't broken it

Mine never broke, fite me.

NEW BAD
OLD GOOD

Android 3.0 had the best design
>peak of XDA
That was in the windows mobile era
>New roms coming out everyday with imaginative features to fuck around with
That mostly stopped after 2.3

>tfw Galaxy S4 VE just got official Lineage support this month

Which phones back then were free of bloatware trash? Just curious, I had a galaxy s1 for 5 years and grew tired of not having a camera flash. I bought an s5 which felt even slower and now runs lineageOS and feels pretty fast. I haven't felt the need to upgrade from an s5 so far though I have an s7 edge ready that was given to me for free with a cracked screen, the owner said he was getting a new phone with his plan the month after

>dalvik
way better than ART shit, this shitvm makes apps size 2-10 times bigger than dalvik
>xposed
was extremely easier to use
I want to go back

So what kind of camera do you carry around with you?

Smartphones peaked in 2013.
>Moto X
>Nexus 5
>HTC One
>iPhone 5S
It doesn't really get much better than that.

Lollipop was, outside of Honeycomb, the worst thing to happen to Android

>no
yes

>bloat everything up to get more speed
>developers immediately make their apps 2x slower to compensate
thank you developers