GDPR

Euroanons, is this the dystopia we live in now? I have to get asked and reject all ad cookies on every single site I use, for every single device?

Attached: gdpr.png (654x368, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/i-dont-care-about-cookies/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm sure you and similar smoothbrains can get a "fuckmeintheassplease" header into the standard that signals that you are ready to be tracked.

Just use the i don't care about cookies browser extension that now can autoclick the consent form and close it
wipe cookies with automatic cookie cleaners
gee gramps, welcome to your first day on the net though

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/i-dont-care-about-cookies/

I use Chromium not faggotfox.

I do care about cookies, I would rather select the "negate all" option than "accept all".

you can just click ok and live like it was 2006 again. The cookies and tracking has always been there, but nobody showed it to you.
Just use some adblocker and block thirdparty cookies. I also display: none; the ones I see often too.

I prefer to stick it to the man but not by going through pages and pages of options.

exists for the smoothbrain average joe browser as well

some sites don't allow access without consent, also the addon auto-selects the option with minimal possible tracking

why the fuck do you care?
there are addons that clear all site cookies when the last tab of said website closes

Try reporting them. I'm almost certain it's against the GDPR to make the opt out process complicated and tedious.
Use uBlock Origin (and uBO-Extra since you're on Chromium). You would ideally use it on at least medium mode, but either way it'll block cookie warnings and shit. You should disable 3rd party cookies entirely, and ideally control the first party ones via uBO, uMatrix or something else.

>Try reporting them. I'm almost certain it's against the GDPR to make the opt out process complicated and tedious.
Never seen that clause, quote please

> I'm almost certain
dude trust me™

fucking infuriating, all these shit should be opt in. We have the regulation in place and no one bothers to fuck these shit sites in the ass. It is fucking infuriating.

how to take matters into own hands?

there is no opt out process, it must be opt in

A better question to ask would be, why should they be requesting all those ad/tracking/fingerprinting/bitcoinminer.js cookies in the first place.

If they're also leaning on friction to bamboozle users into saying 'fuck it' and clicking 'accept' - which is itself a GDPR breach, as you're therefore unable to give informed consent - you should also be thinking about why they'd be doing that.

>all these shit should be opt in

This. Who do we contact?

Well, why?

I really don't give a shit about what corporations think to improve their profit margin. I just don't want to give them any data.

my point is, if they're being shady, maybe it's better you don't use their service altogether.

>Just use some adblocker and block thirdparty cookies.

This literally stops 99% of preventable tracking. Everything else is outside of a users' control.
GDPR is moronic a d cucked, just like the stupid cookies notice.

>Just use some adblocker
Done

>block thirdparty cookies

How?

By configuring your browser. Its been available as an option in every browser since forever. Only garbage fire shit like MS Teams and microshit's video streaming cdn require third party cookies.

iirc there is some austrian guy who takes this very seriously, can't remember the name though

gdpr is based and contrary to popular belief, the cookie notice is based too, the implementation you see is in no way compliant. The EU forgot to go after the violating sites, that's all

gdpr is useless and lures you into a false sense of security.

GDPR is much more than tracking cookies. You can send a data request OFFLINE to whatever company you wish, banks, airlines, the grocery shop on the corner etc. In fact they can't even manufacture the documents you have to sign the way they used to, where you were subject to all kinds of bullshit clauses, because they CAN'T deny you the service just because you don't want a probe in your ass.
Just send a data request to your credit card company and see what happens. Also, you can request to DELETION of any such data. All they can keep is mission critical stuff, that is required by the law to be kept.

Yep, and they're all specifically making it as annoying as possible to reject the ad cookies in order to make you accept them.
But hey the option is there, after you dig through 10 different pages, manually untick 50 checkboxes, solve 5 captchas, and wait 20 minutes for the website to "process your choices".

sure, if you are from some third world shithole where it not applies. I've recently signed a bunch of documents from my bank and all the ticks requiring all your personal data were removed.

It is useless as in the asshole goblin tech companies have not been fined to death yet, I can give you that, but blame corruption not GDPR for that

yes, it is specifically forbidden to do that. Report the site and move on. It should be opt in anyway. What is your point, sites get away with not complying?

They sure do.

>the cookie notice is based too

What is the point of that one?

the notices you see are in no way and shape sufficient for informed consent, also have no option to fine tune you want the shopping cart cookies but shove the tracking cookies up the asses they came from.

tldr, they are blatant non compliance as well, but hey, everyone does that

Yeah a terrible dystopia where companies can't track you everywhere without your consent.